Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 05-31-2021, 01:51 PM   #31
mountainman

A former trainer at mnr who had played bit parts in movies once regaled me with some tasty anecdotes centered on mega-stars.

As a cop scripted to throw Charles Bronson against a car, my friend was implored by the director after numerous failed-takes to "put some muscle in it." Although hesitant, since Bronson "felt like iron" (to paraphrase my friend), he did comply and in fact bloodied Bronson's nose. Bronson's response? He turned to the "cop" with that thoughtful, but slightly menacing smile and simply wagged his finger in wordless admonition.

While playing a small role in The Taking of Pelham 1-2-3, he became friendly with Walter Matthau, who invited him during a break in shooting to have lunch in Central Park. When My friend arrived he found Matthau there with his two large, ever-present dogs. His host had ordered a big basket of gourmet sandwiches and encouraged him to help himself and "eat up." As my friend savored his first sandwich, he noticed Matthau casually throwing a few to his mutts. The basket still contained several more, but when my friend reached for one, his host slapped his hand sharply and rebuked him in that classic drawn-out manner: "One SANDWICH, kid. And I mean ONE. The dogs get the rest.

Last edited by mountainman; 05-31-2021 at 01:54 PM.
mountainman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-03-2021, 06:46 PM   #32
Actor
Librocubicularist

Thelma and Louise

In the "cop scene" when Thelma puts the gun to the cop's head the gun does not appear to be cocked.

If Thelma had shot the cop there is a good chance that the bullet would have also injured and possibly killed Louise.

When Thelma fires two shots into the trunk for "air holes" the trunk is still closed but the holes are revealed to be on the top of the trunk. She would have had to have fired the gun while pointing the gun downward, giving the cop an opportunity to try and grab the gun. Of course the cop does not appear to be in the mood for heroics.

Later when the bicyclist arrives the cop sticks his finger through one of the holes and points. It's doubtful that the cop would have seen Thelma throw the keys.

Finally, the temperature is likely to build up in the trunk, killing the cop and adding another murder charge to T&L's escapade.
Old 06-05-2021, 08:37 AM   #33
Blenheim
Race Player

Bodhi . . . and Johnny Utah

Blenheim is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-07-2021, 06:14 AM   #34
Half Smoke

I believe most of these clips of dancers and jazz legends are from movies

the real big girl is a trip

so great - I didn't want it to end...............enjoy

Old 06-07-2021, 06:37 AM   #35
geroge.burns99
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half Smoke View Post

I believe most of these clips of dancers and jazz legends are from movies

the real big girl is a trip

so great - I didn't want it to end...............enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCwI9o7Zu6g

Jim Carry did it better.....

Last edited by geroge.burns99; 06-07-2021 at 06:39 AM.
geroge.burns99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply