Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 04-28-2021, 11:18 PM   #46
burnsy
self medicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
You know, I deleted RR's question "Why are you glad you got vaccinated?...Who or what convinced you?" because I DIDN'T WANT THIS TO ****ING TURN INTO ANOTHER ****ING OFF-TOPIC DEBATE here in the racing section.

But I guess burnsy replied while I was deleting it, and all my good intentions went to waste.
I left out not only would I probably eat broken glass to get in. Do I seem like the type person that listens to or gets convinced by anyone? That’s a pretty dumb question. I walk to my own beat. It’s pretty easy to figure that one out. Jeez

Last edited by burnsy; 04-28-2021 at 11:19 PM.
burnsy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-28-2021, 11:35 PM   #47
Suff
Beat up 💪

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie View Post
I just received this from Belmont, sounds the same as the old days, do I believe this? Is this all true

ood Afternoon,

The plan seems well conceived. In practice, be ready for anything.

I would totally temper your expectations and prepare for lines , getting in, bathrooms, tellers, etc.

Florida derby day, without much communication, Gulfstream wasn't allowing anyone under 18. I saw some sad family's with toddlers bottlenecked at the entrances. Gulfstream was all over the place. Opening for Pegasus and then immediately shutting down again.

This past Saturday the big tent at top of the stretch was closed due to fundraising dinner for the YWCA that was actually an evening start. They used the day to set it up, it had nothing to.do with racing.

That's my normal entrance , and I was 100 feet from where I was going, all outdoors ,but because the tent was closed I was told I would have to walk out the north exit and walk all the way back to the south entrance to get what I could see with eyes was 100 feet away, all outdoor walk.

I do what I have to do to get what I want to get.
Suff is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-28-2021, 11:35 PM   #48
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsy View Post
I left out not only would I probably eat broken glass to get in. Do I seem like the type person that listens to or gets convinced by anyone? That’s a pretty dumb question. I walk to my own beat. It’s pretty easy to figure that one out. Jeez
All water under the bridge now...

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 04-28-2021 at 11:36 PM.
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-28-2021, 11:50 PM   #49
SalBrancaccio
Apprentice

I'm so there for the stakes!
SalBrancaccio is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-28-2021, 11:55 PM   #50
Suff
Beat up 💪

Definitely go. Deal with it.

I didn't overtly display it but 2020 hurt.

The track played a big role in keeping my head together. I prescribe a day at the track for everyone.
Old 04-28-2021, 11:58 PM   #51
SalBrancaccio
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suff View Post

The track played a big role in keeping my head together. I prescribe a day at the track for everyone.

Yeah, I cried when Aqueduct reopened last June. I felt like we would make it through this.
SalBrancaccio is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-29-2021, 07:10 AM   #52
burnsy
self medicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suff View Post

Agreed, as you know. I live for that shit. And concerts and vacations and going out to eat. .........
Old 04-29-2021, 09:27 AM   #53
alhattab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie View Post
I just received this from Belmont, sounds the same as the old days, do I believe this? Is this all true

ood Afternoon,

You can find this information on our website at https://www.nyra.com/belmont/visit/track-rules but I copied the cooler information below.

Coolers

Coolers are also permitted at our trackside Top of the Stretch Picnic area. Coolers will not be allowed in any other area at the track. Glass containers are not allowed anywhere in the park. As in the past, fans can bring in coolers containing cans or plastic bottles. All glass containers are prohibited.

· All coolers will be subject to search by NYRA security.

· No coolers of any kind will be permitted in the buildings, including all seating areas, or on the apron of the track.

Thank you,
From the NYRA press release announcing fans now allowed:

https://www.nyra.com/belmont/news/%E...rs-on-saturday

Food and beverage options will be available for purchase. During opening weekend, outside coolers are not permitted at Belmont Park. The Belmont Café is currently the site of a Northwell Heath vaccination center and is closed to the public.

On the "Plan your Visit page:

https://www.nyra.com/belmont/visit/plan-your-visit

Guests will only be permitted to bring in items in clear plastic bags.
alhattab is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-29-2021, 10:38 AM   #54
classhandicapper

Some people will go because there's pent up demand, but with these conditions I don't think they are going to have to worry about crowds.
Old 04-29-2021, 11:04 AM   #55
burnsy
self medicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
Some people will go because there's pent up demand, but with these conditions I don't think they are going to have to worry about crowds.
Fine with me! Those folks can sit in their basement and cry about it on the internet. That’s why you’ll rarely see me in that politics cry baby section. Have a life TY

Last edited by burnsy; 04-29-2021 at 11:12 AM.
Old 04-29-2021, 05:25 PM   #56
titans1127
Harness racing Fan

If I can, I'll be there closing day. I'll mainly have to convince my stubborn father to get a test. Closing day at Belmont used to be a yearly tradition since it would fall on or close to his birthday before they started ending the meet earlier in the month.
titans1127 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-30-2021, 04:57 AM   #57
Richie

well, if anyone happens to go in the next few days, please post
it says you must sit in your assigned seat in the clubhouse all day unless to bet, bathroom or leave

can we go outside and watch the races in the stands? can we go outside in park in the back?
Richie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-30-2021, 07:35 AM   #58
Zman179
Registered Wacko

The tickets are $21 per person including Ticketmaster fees. I like the fact that NYRA is reopening, but I’ll wait until the prices go down or until they open up more of the stands. I’d pay $21 for Saratoga, but not Belmont.
Zman179 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-30-2021, 09:12 AM   #59
BlueChip@DRF
Random Numbers Generator

Location: In the grandstand looking under the seats for tickets or food
Does the $21 admission include the clubhouse?
Old 04-30-2021, 10:21 AM   #60
Suff
Beat up 💪

Quote:
Originally Posted by titans1127 View Post
If I can, I'll be there closing day. I'll mainly have to convince my stubborn father to get a test. Closing day at Belmont used to be a yearly tradition since it would fall on or close to his birthday before they started ending the meet earlier in the month.
At home COVID Tests started hitting the market. Look around and see if it fits with what NYRA requiring.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/BinaxNOW-...ests/142089281