Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 2.33 average.
Old 05-20-2020, 05:40 PM   #5116
Poindexter

By the way the top 12 represent about 68,000(did it quickly in my head) of the US's total 93,500 deaths. That is 72.7% of all US deaths. That is pretty darn significant. Not sure the other 39 states that represent only 27.3% of the US deaths are nearly as significant when looking at the big picture. Don't shoot the messenger, I am just a horseplayer looking for a Bias(and this is a strong one) Also I am sure if it was the other way around, you would be hearing every 5 minutes on CNN and MSNBC.

But Al, glad that the communist state of California didn't joint the big leagues. Of course without a bailout, or a reversal of policy that seems to be slowly happening (I think they are finally realizing that their policies are crap and they are trying to squirm out of it and save face-instead of admitting they are wrong and opening up), everyone will move out and the big cities will only have the impoverished (who cannot afford to move and won't be willing to give up the free rent they currently have) and the homeless. You should move out here. Los Angeles will soon become your dream city. A Democrat's Paradise. You can bow down to King Garcetti and thank him for saving the day, as you throw quarters to the homeless drug addicts up and down the street, singing "I Love LA".
Poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-21-2020, 12:13 AM   #5117
Stevecsd2

This website should help put things in perspective. This is an analysis by region & county. Check out the interactive map about 2/3 the way down the article. You can hover over a county & it will give the stats for that county.

https://www.heritage.org/public-heal...unibztYhttp://
Stevecsd2 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-21-2020, 12:32 AM   #5118
jimmyb

Here in Mass. 3,574 covid-19 deaths out of 5,862 have occurred in nursing homes. The state regulates these same nursing homes. Over 70 dead of 265 residents at a state run soldiers home. It's out of control.

The state government couldn't blow it's nose if it were loaded with dynamite.
jimmyb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-21-2020, 01:31 AM   #5119
davew

WA gov Insley trying to keep state locked down. 4 steps in re-opening. Before an area can advance a step, it must have had less than 10 new infections per 100,000 in the last 14 days.

OR gov executive order thrown out by judge saying that anything over 28 days needs legislative approval. Headed to supreme court.

Insley last week had an interview with Bernie saying it is a great time to reorganize the state to become more environmentally friendly.

less than 1 die per 100 infections, so Insley wants less than 1 CV death per million in a 2 week period. either he is bad at math or he thinks the residents are stupid.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-21-2020, 03:13 AM   #5120
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Well then you are in the minority. Per million or per 100,000 is standard reporting practice.
Tom, I'm okay with thinking differently about this. Someday when they collate all this stuff, I believe:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 98045327_10157605786912635_3564275569472307200_o.jpg (45.1 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by clicknow; 05-21-2020 at 03:16 AM.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-21-2020, 03:17 AM   #5121
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
My company "dispenses" employees to go into homes. Nearly every one of our clients are in high risk COVID-19 groups. We have 60 employees and 70 clients and we see them daily, sometimes twice a day. My wife was an operating room nurse for 20 years. She knows her stuff. We use a common sense approach. If you feel sick or if someone you know is sick, we'd rather you stay home. We also have them wear masks, wash hands liberally, change uniforms between shifts, and lengthen the time between shifts so that they can be as sterile as possible.

This protocol has worked well for us.
Thanks tucker6, for the explanation.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-22-2020, 12:07 AM   #5122
MargieRose

I'm totally convinced that the Wuhan (let's be very specific) virus was intentionally inflicted upon the world, with the goal being to ultimately weaken the most powerful country in the world...the U.S.A.

The ruthless, communist Chinese government, along with the heads of the World Health Organization (WHO), should be brought to the International Criminal Court and be charged with a crime against humanity..."a deliberate act, typically as part of a systematic campaign, that causes human suffering or death on a large scale."
It's time that the people of this country band together to fight a quite visible enemy, instead of foolishly turning on each other for asinine political reasons and internal power plays. Continue on this divided path, and you might as well hurl the concept of "We the People" right into meaningless oblivion.

As well, stand strong, stand united Hong Kong!
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-22-2020, 12:19 AM   #5123
incoming

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargieRose View Post
I'm totally convinced that the Wuhan (let's be very specific) virus was intentionally inflicted upon the world, with the goal being to ultimately weaken the most powerful country in the world...the U.S.A.

The ruthless, communist Chinese government, along with the heads of the World Health Organization (WHO), should be brought to the International Criminal Court and be charged with a crime against humanity..."a deliberate act, typically as part of a systematic campaign, that causes human suffering or death on a large scale."
It's time that the people of this country band together to fight a quite visible enemy, instead of foolishly turning on each other for asinine political reasons and internal power plays. Continue on this divided path, and you might as well hurl the concept of "We the People" right into meaningless oblivion.

Totally agree.....I also think.....TDS and the Main Stream Media played huge parts in this fiasco.

incoming is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-22-2020, 01:00 AM   #5124
Track Collector
Grinding at a Poker Table

Quote:

Don't sweat it regarding China. Trump (the USA) already has tremendous leverage in the tariffs, and he has the power to increase even more.

Trump will make sure they pay a huge price for their malfeasance.

And Trump is going to stop funding of the WHO until they reform.
Track Collector is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-22-2020, 01:12 AM   #5125
MargieRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by incoming View Post
Totally agree.....I also think.....TDS and the Main Stream Media played huge parts in this fiasco.

Here's the proof...MSM Idiots (as in, "having a mental age of less than three years old and an intelligence quotient under 25."):

American media undercutting Trump’s tense battle with China

Quote:
It’s not trouble enough that President Trump is engaged in a tense, multifront struggle with China. He also must guard his back from attacks by elements of the American media.

Tuesday provided a memorable example.

With a World Health Organization meeting dominated by the coronavirus, a spokesman for China’s Foreign Ministry issued a belligerent, threatening statement. The spokesman, Zhao Lijian, told reporters in Beijing:

“The United States has made a miscalculation and found the wrong target when it picks on China, shirks its responsibilities and bargains on how to fulfill its *international obligations to the World Health Organization.”

In its report of those remarks, The New York Times used this headline: “China hits back, in words and aid pledges, as America goes at it alone.” It went on to accuse Trump of threatening “isolationism.”
Old 05-22-2020, 01:33 AM   #5126
fast4522

Quote:

I would love to roll with you on this one, but it is very clear The ruthless, communist Chinese government is losing billions. It is also crystal the central bank is screwed as the domino's fall. We pull out of this and open things up again and the central bank continues to take hit after hit. These billionaires all agree about one thing, other peoples money. Not only do they get smoked on paper but their bank gets fried too. Who do you think owns these cruse lines that people are going to book trips on NOT. Over in mother Russia they are being hit hard in fatalities, if what you project to be true China would become a nuclear charcoal briquette long before the hangover ends. But I like it because my hate for communist has no end.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-22-2020, 01:40 AM   #5127
MargieRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track Collector View Post
Don't sweat it regarding China. Trump (the USA) already has tremendous leverage in the tariffs, and he has the power to increase even more.

Trump will make sure they pay a huge price for their malfeasance.

And Trump is going to stop funding of the WHO until they reform.
That is reassuring, except for the fact that the aforementioned "Idiots" (MSM) are promoting a China-compromised "Idiot" (Biden) who, once again, wants to transform America. Then, we have the millions of people who are foolishly falling for the China-compromised "Idiot."

IMO, at this point in time, if we lose Trump (hate him or love him), 'We the People' lose America. It's as clear a day, to me!
Old 05-22-2020, 01:51 AM   #5128
MargieRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
I would love to roll with you on this one, but it is very clear The ruthless, communist Chinese government is losing billions. It is also crystal the central bank is screwed as the domino's fall. We pull out of this and open things up again and the central bank continues to take hit after hit. These billionaires all agree about one thing, other peoples money. Not only do they get smoked on paper but their bank gets fried too. Who do you think owns these cruse lines that people are going to book trips on NOT. Over in mother Russia they are being hit hard in fatalities, if what you project to be true China would become a nuclear charcoal briquette long before the hangover ends. But I like it because my hate for communist has no end.
And this is reassuring, too. It's what I like to hear...U.S.A....UNBREAKABLE!
Old 05-22-2020, 01:58 AM   #5129
fast4522

Quote:
And this is reassuring, too. It's what I like to hear...U.S.A....UNBREAKABLE!
Not so much, good people are being crushed by hacks in home states who could care less about liberty or small business. If everyone got it only 1% die while the devastation mounts due to inept power hungry people that get their paycheck on time.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-22-2020, 02:12 AM   #5130
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
if what you project to be true China would become a nuclear charcoal briquette long before the hangover ends.
WAT?

What world do some of you live in?