Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 2.33 average.
Old 05-11-2020, 10:19 PM   #4876
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Fauci fell in love with Hillary.

How could he not be a fool
Old 05-11-2020, 10:22 PM   #4877
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
Fauci fell in love with Hillary.

How could he not be a fool
Well how could he not, after Vince Foster everyone feared her.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-12-2020, 12:45 AM   #4878
Elkchester Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
One thing's for sure. Fauci is as deep state as you can get...
He is absolutely milking this for all he can.
Old 05-12-2020, 01:47 AM   #4879
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

I was born in 1969.

As a child growing up, my parents couldn't stop telling me about the pandemic of 1968 that killed more than 1 MILLION people worldwide, and 100,000 here in the USA.

They told me stories about how dad lost his job because they shut the economy down...everyone couldn't leave their homes for weeks and months....people lost their homes, their cars, their businesses....kids weren't going to school.....they told me how the virus was especially deadly to people 65 and older and that's how my grandparents met an untimely.....oh wait...that's right...

NOT ONCE IN MY 51 YEARS ON EARTH DID ANY OF MY PARENTS MENTION THE PANDEMIC OF 1968.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-res...-pandemic.html

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 05-12-2020 at 01:50 AM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-12-2020, 01:51 AM   #4880
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

4,880 posts later, I will again like to state that the response to COVID-19 is the BIGGEST CROCK OF SHIT THE WORLD and this COUNTRY HAS EVER SEEN.
Old 05-12-2020, 02:41 AM   #4881
incoming

Quote:
4,880 posts later, I will again like to state that the response to COVID-19 is the BIGGEST CROCK OF SHIT THE WORLD and this COUNTRY HAS EVER SEEN.
I would disagree......I think this farce is much larger than the Climate Change fiasco, but doesn't hold a candle to the attempted overthrow of Trump's presidency. I can't wait to see what the October surprise looks like.

Of course, the stable genius will once again beat them like a drum. Our country will come roaring back. When he gets control of both Houses and appoints a couple more Supreme Court justices it will be Katie bar the door.

incoming is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-12-2020, 03:54 AM   #4882
hcap

Quote:
I was born in 1969.

As a child growing up, my parents couldn't stop telling me about the pandemic of 1968 that killed more than 1 MILLION people worldwide, and 100,000 here in the USA.

They told me stories about how dad lost his job because they shut the economy down...everyone couldn't leave their homes for weeks and months....people lost their homes, their cars, their businesses....kids weren't going to school.....they told me how the virus was especially deadly to people 65 and older and that's how my grandparents met an untimely.....oh wait...that's right...

NOT ONCE IN MY 51 YEARS ON EARTH DID ANY OF MY PARENTS MENTION THE PANDEMIC OF 1968.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-res...-pandemic.html
We have been thru your repetitious talking points before.

1968 flu pandemic
https://www.britannica.com/event/1968-flu-pandemic
1968 flu pandemic, also called Hong Kong flu pandemic of 1968 or Hong Kong flu of 1968, global outbreak of influenza that originated in China in July 1968 and lasted until 1969–70.

1)-So your repetitious talking point is erroneous. Your statistics are comparing a longer worldwide pandemic to the the current covid-19 season of only 4 months. That is 7/1968 to around March or April of 1970. Call it 1 1/2 years or 18 months.

4 1/2 times longer.!!!!

2)-It's been 52 years since that flu. No one really knew THEN how bad it, and other previous flu pandemics would be. Epidemiology has evolved as other sciences. We now have a chance to take educated guesses to the extent of how covid-19 pandemic will hit. Recently, over the last 25 years epidemiology has advanced with human population research, preventive medicine, and public health issues, and “big data,” and other sophisticated scientific techniques. In the 1960's, worldwide surveillance for influenza was much less extensive than it is today. Computers handling massive data and advanced modeling were basically non-existent. If I remember correctly, the computing power of today's cell phones are more powerful than computers on the Apollo moonshot of '68

It was not until the 1990s, that the related fields of molecular and genetic epidemiology (expansion of epidemiology to look at specific pathways, molecules and genes that influence risk of developing disease) took root.

Very different than 50+ years ago.

3)-And although predictive models have improved, the true outcome will not be known until it is done. We will not now until at least we have experienced the overwhelming bulk of all cases and fatalities. Unfortunately now it looks like more is on the way. Including by all accounts, a second wave.

We are in at best, the second inning of a 9 inning game.

4)-The pandemic deniers like you here on off topic, and out in far right conspiracy theory lala land, want to somehow "compare" previous unforeseen and unknown fatalities and human suffering of previous pandemics, telling us simple-mindly we then "ACCEPTED" 1 million deaths in previous pandemics, when in fact we did not know what previous pandemics would bring while it was happening.

Hey, the Spanish flu of 1918 killed 50 million worldwide. No one knew the outcome beforehand. If anyone had an inkling of how horrendous it would be, NO ONE would have "ACCEPTED" it as "business as usual". Just the way you foolishly claim covid-19 should be dismissed. Your "nothing to see here" just move along, is an insult to anyone who has seriously investigated the situation and the real scientific community.

Give me a break

Last edited by hcap; 05-12-2020 at 04:05 AM.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-12-2020, 04:08 AM   #4883
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
Very different than 50+ years ago.
You got that right chief.

Back then, they toughed it out and didn't destroy the world's economy.

Now, we destroy economies and HIDE IN OUR BASEMENTS for basically the same or LESS SEVERE results (the book has YET to be written on this one, despite your doomsday predictions).

Boy, science sure has COME A LONG WAY.

LUCKY US!

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 05-12-2020 at 04:10 AM.
Old 05-12-2020, 04:15 AM   #4884
hcap

Quote:
You got that right chief.

Back then, they toughed it out and didn't destroy the world's economy.

Now, we destroy economies and HIDE IN OUR BASEMENTS for basically the same or LESS SEVERE results (the book has YET to be written on this one, despite your doomsday predictions).

Boy, science sure has COME A LONG WAY.

LUCKY US!
Whatever you say, but your idiotic stats are a laughable farce, as is your simple minded understanding of epidemiology.

As I have said you and crew are running on empty.
Old 05-12-2020, 04:23 AM   #4885
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Whatever you say, but your idiotic stats are a laughable farce, as is your simple minded understanding of epidemiology.

Even the epidemiologists were CLUELESS on this one...WINGING IT...from the start...with highly FAULTY computer models no less...

That's SCIENCE baby!

Hooray for modern times!

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 05-12-2020 at 04:24 AM.
Old 05-12-2020, 04:34 AM   #4886
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Liberals like Bill Maher publicly hoped for a recession if it meant the end of Donald J. Trump.

We got the BONUS PLAN, as Dice would say...
Old 05-12-2020, 05:01 AM   #4887
hcap

Quote:
Liberals like Bill Maher publicly hoped for a recession if it meant the end of Donald J. Trump.

We got the BONUS PLAN, as Dice would say...
I was not aware Maher was an epidemiologist.

Most people in the Trump administration and White House are over 65. The way they are handling covid, it may not be necessary for anything other than their own stupidity to end Trump's term.

White House Races to Contain Virus in Its Ranks: ‘It Is Scary to Go to Work’

With two White House staff members testing positive, some officials fear the disease is already spreading rapidly through the West Wing.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/10/u...rus-trump.html

Moscow Mitch is following suit
Old 05-12-2020, 05:01 AM   #4888
davew

Quote:

I am always impressed with how intelligent you feel you are
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-12-2020, 05:09 AM   #4889
hcap

Trump says 'we have prevailed,' as memo tells White House staffers to wear masks
https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...liveBlogHeader

President Donald Trump said Monday that the number of coronavirus cases were going down “almost everywhere” — even though an unreleased White House report showed infection rates spiking across the United States.

Confirmed cases in U.S.

Deaths in U.S.
Old 05-12-2020, 05:17 AM   #4890
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
I am always impressed with how intelligent you feel you are
I provided the correct data. That previous flu of 1969 lasted 1 1/2 years. So Mike comparing a 4 month old worldwide outbreak of covid-19 to that worldwide pandemic is AT BEST T LAUGHABLE.
What you're not laughing?

Sorry you can't follow along. I am always impressed with your shallowness and propensity for a one sentence, out of your depth reply.

Keep up the bad work

Last edited by hcap; 05-12-2020 at 05:20 AM.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply