Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 04-17-2020, 12:32 PM   #46
therussmeister
Out-of-town Jasper

Gulfstream Park rainbow 6 mandatory payout on Sunday April 19th if not hit before then.

~Alan Watts
therussmeister is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-19-2020, 11:38 AM   #47
Muddy
Muddy

It will probably be upwards of 10 million again.

reported at 10:30 am with1st changes
Luis Saez stays with the 1 over the 13 in the 11th very interesting with Lasix & Blinkers added.

Luis Saez changed to Miguel Angel Vasquez on 13 in the 10th not the 11th.

Last edited by Muddy; 04-19-2020 at 11:52 AM.
Muddy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-15-2021, 11:33 AM   #48
LemonSoupKid

Is there any way to predict when Gulfstream will announce a given mandatory pick 6 (or pick 5) payout day? Last Saturday's I didn't even notice was going to happen ... is it triggered by amount or number of days at this point?

Thanks.
LemonSoupKid is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-15-2021, 12:47 PM   #49
Robert Fischer
clean money

Question

Anyone have the link?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonSoupKid View Post
Is there any way to predict when Gulfstream will announce a given mandatory pick 6 (or pick 5) payout day? Last Saturday's I didn't even notice was going to happen ... is it triggered by amount or number of days at this point?

Thanks.
I have a link, but bookmarks have changed and it's a different source; here's one, they show an asterik * if 'Mandatory'
http://todayscarryovers.blogspot.com/

these only update you as a daily notice.

as far as tracking mandatory dates, they often match with meet calendar schedules. Gulfstream just had a mandatory (last Sat?), but does a poor job of advertising future Mandatory dates, far in advance. Seems like they'd like to encourage betting into the daily high-rake carryovers...

Watch the calendars, check track websites/news, check horse racing websites for news.
Old 01-15-2021, 11:39 PM   #50
SG4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonSoupKid View Post

Thanks.

I am getting frustrated with a lot of tracks seemingly springing a mandatory jackpot announcement with 2 days or so notice. There used to be more announcements of target dates well in advance but for whatever reason that has changed. It shouldn't be that hard, choose a time frame (maybe last Sunday of the month?) or a carryover amount that triggers an upcoming mandatory & try to stick by that.

Far as keeping tabs on it, following the racetracks/personalities/reporters on twitter seems to be the best way to find out, as usually I first see announcements on there, but even then things can slip through the cracks. I get carryover announcements e-mailed to me from Equibase & DRF but unfortunately they don't distinguish which ones are mandatory.
SG4 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-16-2021, 07:36 AM   #51
Robert Fischer
clean money

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG4 View Post
I am getting frustrated with a lot of tracks seemingly springing a mandatory jackpot announcement with 2 days or so notice. There used to be more announcements of target dates well in advance but for whatever reason that has changed. It shouldn't be that hard, choose a time frame (maybe last Sunday of the month?) or a carryover amount that triggers an upcoming mandatory & try to stick by that.

Far as keeping tabs on it, following the racetracks/personalities/reporters on twitter seems to be the best way to find out, as usually I first see announcements on there, but even then things can slip through the cracks. I get carryover announcements e-mailed to me from Equibase & DRF but unfortunately they don't distinguish which ones are mandatory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer View Post
here's one, they show an asterik * if 'Mandatory'
http://todayscarryovers.blogspot.com/.
Neither this link, nor the other list I browse (horseracingnation.com)

happens to show the significant early carryover for today's Aqueduct Early P5.

at least horseracingnation does have an article in the article section.

To DRF's credit, they highlight a headline on the carryover on page1

I had to catch a Tweet from @andyserling, and then work backwords to figure out which carryover he was mentioning.

You'd think fans and tracks would both benefit from an updated list or calendar which accurately notified you of current carryovers and the scheduled mandatory dates...

Last edited by Robert Fischer; 01-16-2021 at 07:38 AM.
Robert Fischer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-16-2021, 07:01 PM   #52
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

You know about this one, right?

https://www.equibase.com/premium/eqp...ner.cfm?SAP=TN
Old 01-17-2021, 10:39 AM   #53
LemonSoupKid

Yes, when I catch it I usually see it on drf or I am tipped off by the equibase listing so I keep checking more frequently as they approach or go over 1 million

I'm guessing around Jan 30 for the next one, huh - possibly SA and Gulf around that time if they hold.
LemonSoupKid is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: