Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 11-05-2017, 10:20 AM   #16
Bennie

Maggie Wolfendale when she is done in the paddock area and gives her commentary on the physical and mental appearances on the horses.
Bennie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-05-2017, 11:31 AM   #17
Inner Dirt

Mine was always Andrew Beyer. I thought I finally had come of age as a handicapper when I was watching Andrew Beyer and Jeff Siegel handicap one of the first Breeder's Cups it was either 1986 or 87. My top pick in every race was the same as Andy's and I agreed with pretty much everything he said when ripping into Jeff's picks. Siegel ended up doing pretty good I think Beyer and I ended up with one short priced winner.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-05-2017, 11:41 PM   #18
horseplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
I can't pick just one...but I'd love to share a table and talk horses with Cj, PA-Mike, Tom, Dahoss and ReplayRandall. Of course...I would have to sit between Tom and Dahoss, so I could separate them to avoid any unpleasantries.
Meeting with remarkable handicappers eh?
horseplayer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-06-2017, 12:24 AM   #19
Zaf
Pace Cappa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultracapper View Post
Me
Correct answer

Z
Old 11-06-2017, 08:31 AM   #20
fiveouttasix

I look at 3 after handicapping NYRA...Serling, Aragona and Brooklyn Cowboy (I will usually pick up something I missed)
fiveouttasix is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-06-2017, 10:08 PM   #21
AstrosFan
math/science # cruncher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennie View Post
Maggie Wolfendale when she is done in the paddock area and gives her commentary on the physical and mental appearances on the horses.
She is overrated and how she kept a job and Blewitt didn’t is b/s
AstrosFan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-08-2017, 01:42 PM   #22
Aerocraft67
Enthusiast

Mike Beer. I could watch that guy talk about races all day, and his prose reflects that, too. All that and he calls out his share of prices.

There's maybe one one guy on the DRF video team I could do without (the dude that looks like he's Skyping in from his bedroom at his parents' house—and that's largely why); they're all good. Dan Illman anchors them well and Matt Bernier injects some youth into the team. In terms of raw picks, though, Kenny Peck's are the ones that get my attention.

I enjoyed Serling and Gaudet at Saratoga this year, although I'm biased because Laurel is my home track, and I always consider Gaudet's analysis there. I was impressed how she upped her game to Talking Horses, not that it was all that new to her. I appreciate Wolfendale's physical handicapping an awful lot but don't know that it's done me much good at the windows.

I wasn't impressed with the rest of the on-air talent at Saratoga beyond Talking Horses, but those guys are broadcasters more than handicappers. Similarly, I could do without most of the NBC crew. Pincay is good, and the two guys at the desk with him aren't bad. Olczyk is O.K., I used to watch a lot of hockey.

I use TFUS PPs, and find Aragona to be a sharp analyst, both in prose and on camera. And of course I like to hear Milkowski's take on a race using his TFUS figs.
Aerocraft67 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-08-2017, 01:57 PM   #23
LemonSoupKid

^ Funny you mention him. I had him in mind (for myself) when I made the thread. I currently find him to be the best handicapper I have come across, especially for someone who puts himself out there literally all the time. I also have a similar style, but it's his job so he just flat out watches and knows more than I do regarding races and tracks around the US and globe. He got smoked at the BC this year but I had Forever Unbridled and so did he; I didn't follow him on the Classic pick of Gun Runner so he did OK in that he picked the most prestigious races of each day. I love Ilman as a host but if anything I would use his picks as tosses, not even trying to be funny about that, very serious.

If you look at other handicapping threads where I've made fun of people, you'll see Watchmaker and Kinchen (that's who you are referring to JK's corner) are super chalky and super duper basic on multirace wagers. Kinchen is superior, no doubt, but when dealing with Watchmaker that's like saying you're just a taller midget.

Last edited by LemonSoupKid; 11-08-2017 at 01:59 PM.
LemonSoupKid is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-08-2017, 02:23 PM   #24
jahura2

:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonSoupKid View Post
Does it have to do with entertainment, insight, or results?

Best of luck at Breeder's Cup 2017 this weekend, gentlemen.

Aragona, Beer,Gabby and Caton Bredar
jahura2 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-08-2017, 04:30 PM   #25
Denny
Veteran

Mine is John Pricci of HorseRaceInsider.com

Has a positive ROI on nearly 10 years of posted Feature Race Analysis win bets.
Denny is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-11-2017, 04:26 PM   #26
Buckeye
Smarty Pants

I would have to "sit'" between me myself and I.
Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-11-2017, 04:31 PM   #27
Buckeye
Smarty Pants

Don't believe me? Look at the crap posted by Mike Pizzola on the Breeders Cup.
He got close on one race (by mistake?) but hear me out, your opinion counts and you better have one.
Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-11-2017, 08:34 PM   #28
olddaddy

A person who knows, is liked and is able to talk to the owners, trainers, jockeys and backstretch people of the circuit I am playing. I havent met that person yet.
olddaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-11-2017, 08:55 PM   #29
hogoffate

I like few of them. I like to listen to Andy Serling on who he doesn't like and why as he factors in probable odds. I like Dave Litfin because of his logical analysis and trainer pattern history. Mike Beer and David Aragona are very good also.

As for Oaklawn Park, I like to read Rick Lee's analysis as he knows the trainers in the region and their patterns.
hogoffate is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-11-2017, 11:50 PM   #30
Afleet

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogoffate View Post
I like few of them. I like to listen to Andy Serling on who he doesn't like and why as he factors in probable odds. I like Dave Litfin because of his logical analysis and trainer pattern history. Mike Beer and David Aragona are very good also.

As for Oaklawn Park, I like to read Rick Lee's analysis as he knows the trainers in the region and their patterns.
Where do you get Rick Lee's analysis? thanks
Afleet is offline   Reply With Quote Reply