Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

View Poll Results: Cotillion
Carina Mia 2 4.55%
Cathryn Sophia 8 18.18%
Disco Rose 0 0%
Land Over Sea 1 2.27%
Songbird 32 72.73%
Queen Esther 1 2.27%
Voters: 44. This poll is closed

Old 09-24-2016, 11:09 PM   #61
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

I guess Carina Mia proved again she is the Miss America 1st runner up.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-24-2016, 11:50 PM   #62
thespaah

Songbird won wrapped up....She's the best.
thespaah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-24-2016, 11:55 PM   #63
thespaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME
I thought so, till I interacted with thousands of players of the years on track. Sad.....

I'm so pathetic, when I go to get gas, I make a bet with myself. I ask for $20 at the counter, walk to the car, see the price is 2.66 9/10 a gallon.

I tell myself, calculate it to the thousandth or you will have bad racing luck today.

As the pump is flowing, I get nervous, knowing I have seconds left. If left undistracted, I get it to the thousandth.

I know, sad....
Wow.....And I thought I was OCD....The only thing I do is the amount I spend at the gas pump has to end on a Zero or a five....
Old 09-25-2016, 12:03 AM   #64
HuggingTheRail
BC Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespaah
Wow.....And I thought I was OCD....The only thing I do is the amount I spend at the gas pump has to end on a Zero or a five....

I will park somewhere, and often start a game that is best described as a combination of math, The Price is Right, and golf

I will estimate the exact number of steps it will take me to reach my destination. I will set a "par".... For instance, I park in the horsemen's lot at Hastings. I will think about how far it is to the guard house, the cafeteria, the racing office, etc and pick my destination.

Ok, the guard house will be 147 paces. After 147 paces, I can guess another number for the remaining distance, and then a third guess (if it is a par 3) to take me exactly to the guard house. If any of my guesses takes me past the guard house, I lose.....I can't go over....

In my spare time, I wear a white jacket with very long sleeves. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go to the washroom (which is 5 paces down the hall)
HuggingTheRail is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-25-2016, 12:06 AM   #65
thespaah

I guess the next step is to the BC Distaff.....
If there is a spot for Songbird to be beaten, its in a field of 10-14.....
Ability-wise, she's physically better than every 3 YO filly in the US.
Old 09-25-2016, 04:49 PM   #66
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespaah
I guess the next step is to the BC Distaff.....
If there is a spot for Songbird to be beaten, its in a field of 10-14.....
Ability-wise, she's physically better than every 3 YO filly in the US.
will there be that many with the top flight presence of the top of the field and the ship distance?

I would imagine its like an 8 horse field.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-25-2016, 10:15 PM   #67
Benni

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME
Please make it a point to share those moments on here Benni!
Yesterday morning when I stepped outside to make the drive to Parx it was cloudy and lightly raining (I live about 40 min west of Parx). My first thought was “What is this, the forecast was for sunny and upper 70’s!” Then I thought “Oh…Desormeaux must be doing a rain dance!” But the weather quickly cleared up and I thought, “Well, it’s not going to be Exaggerator today.”

It was an exciting day with a few very close races and some nice long shots coming in. The crowd was very enthusiastic and that’s a lot of fun. The excitement of the crowd, listening to people around me talking about who they bet and why and them cheering on the horses they bet on. I made four win bets. Three came in second, one came in third. R3 #1, R4 #5, R9 #2 and R10 #2. So much for that!

While I was rooting for Cathryn Sophia it was awesome to watch Songbird race in person. She really is phenomenal. Mike Smith brought her back and paraded her in front of the crowd. Everyone on the apron was clapping and cheering her. Inside the glassed-in grandstand there was also much cheering, clapping, and whistling with huge enthusiasm.

Then came the Pennsylvania Derby. I heard a lot of people talking up various horses but never heard anyone mention Connect. What a surprise! All I could think of was wow, Chad Brown strikes again! It was a fun day of good racing. Best of all, everyone came home safe and sound.

Well, I did take some pictures that I wanted to post but the USB ports in my computer have been out of whack for a week and while I have tried every suggestion on Google to fix the issue I cannot get the connection for my camera to work. Guess I'll have to take it somewhere to have a look and hopefully fix it.
Benni is offline   Reply With Quote Reply