Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

View Poll Results: Cotillion
Carina Mia 2 4.55%
Cathryn Sophia 8 18.18%
Disco Rose 0 0%
Land Over Sea 1 2.27%
Songbird 32 72.73%
Queen Esther 1 2.27%
Voters: 44. This poll is closed

Old 09-20-2016, 11:42 PM   #31
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME
I'm sorry CJ . Disappointed in myself!

I remember betting against him......Not much more. I remember him being on the lead on the rail. Then, no drama, horse quit.

Is my memory correct?
I think the horse broke terribly if I remember correctly. Cordero had no business on that horse. I bet against too, but can't remember which won or if I did.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-20-2016, 11:51 PM   #32
Benni

I'm rooting for Cathryn Sophia as she is in my Fantasy Stable. My daughter and I play in a fantasy league and we really tried to win the bid on both fillies. We are happy with Cathryn Sophia and since this is her "home track" maybe, just maybe, she might win. One can hope for the best!

I moved to PA eight years ago and every year I've gone to Parx for PA/Cotillion day with my friend. But since she has gotten involved with someone I've been kind of kicked to the curb, so to speak. I absolutely hate going to anything alone, no one to share it with, have fun with. But man, I hate the idea of missing seeing these two fillies in person. So, I will be there to cheer for CS!

The PA Derby will be very exciting as well. I can't wait to take pictures of some really fine horses in both races!
Benni is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-20-2016, 11:56 PM   #33
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benni
I'm rooting for Cathryn Sophia as she is in my Fantasy Stable. My daughter and I play in a fantasy league and we really tried to win the bid on both fillies. We are happy with Cathryn Sophia and since this is her "home track" maybe, just maybe, she might win. One can hope for the best!

I moved to PA eight years ago and every year I've gone to Parx for PA/Cotillion day with my friend. But since she has gotten involved with someone I've been kind of kicked to the curb, so to speak. I absolutely hate going to anything alone, no one to share it with, have fun with. But man, I hate the idea of missing seeing these two fillies in person. So, I will be there to cheer for CS!

The PA Derby will be very exciting as well. I can't wait to take pictures of some really fine horses in both races!
Please make it a point to share those moments on here Benni!
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-21-2016, 12:23 AM   #34
CincyHorseplayer

Quote:
I've been there, maybe 50 times in my life. I swear, even if I focused on it, I would starve.

I hate open claiming races and supertrainers, maybe that's why I hate it.

I can however, crush EMD open claiming races and Portland Meadows claiming races. I do know why......you fill in the rest as to why.

Just because I hate something doesn't mean it's not good. It just mean I suck at it . SO, please crush them and let us know about it buddy! I love to see people win and enjoy this awesome game
Let me back track a minute. You are such a bigger player than I am I admire you. Like I said I totally enjoy talking to other players in this game because in our normal state of affairs in everyday life people just think we are sick and crazy individuals! I believe in what I am doing and I believe in what you are doing. I can't do what you do. These threads, like about track bias. I believe in it because I know for a fact it is a real phenomenon. I don't know why sides are being taken because I see the virtue in every approach. Just would like to see a more live and let live attitude among us players. We arrive at the same conclusions in very different ways. We win. I learn from you just by the way you talk about things. We play completely differently. Traynor and Nitro are 2 players that play differently that I have had beefs with that I have come to love and respect. They influence me! My mind and ears are open. I had a great day today playing Parx and Zia. Anyway hope the horseplayer love is mutual and mutuel EMD!
CincyHorseplayer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-21-2016, 12:32 AM   #35
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyHorseplayer
Let me back track a minute. You are such a bigger player than I am I admire you. Like I said I totally enjoy talking to other players in this game because in our normal state of affairs in everyday life people just think we are sick and crazy individuals! I believe in what I am doing and I believe in what you are doing. I can't do what you do. These threads, like about track bias. I believe in it because I know for a fact it is a real phenomenon. I don't know why sides are being taken because I see the virtue in every approach. Just would like to see a more live and let live attitude among us players. We arrive at the same conclusions in very different ways. We win. I learn from you just by the way you talk about things. We play completely differently. Traynor and Nitro are 2 players that play differently that I have had beefs with that I have come to love and respect. They influence me! My mind and ears are open. I had a great day today playing Parx and Zia. Anyway hope the horseplayer love is mutual and mutuel EMD!

Are you kidding Cincy? The only reason I spend any time here is to talk horses with fellow horse racing lovers, like you and I. Of course the horseplayer love is mutual and mutuel (witty line !!!!).
Old 09-21-2016, 12:45 AM   #36
CincyHorseplayer

Quote:
[/B]

Are you kidding Cincy? The only reason I spend any time here is to talk horses with fellow horse racing lovers, like you and I. Of course the horseplayer love is mutual and mutuel (witty line !!!!).
HAHA!! Awesome. You sound like you are an everyday player. I am not but this game slowly swallows you up. I get home from work and most days I am absorbed into it's realm! I love this game. And after 20 years the more I learn about it, pedigree and history it just becomes you. Anyway once it's in the blood it's over. Wouldn't have it any other way! Give Parx a shot. It is playable.
CincyHorseplayer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-21-2016, 12:51 AM   #37
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
I get this but nothing about Cordero's "comeback"?

I believe Cordero rode Indian Vale ( whose first foal just had its debut ) and she finished 5th. I know a Schwartz/Hushion horse won, and I believe Migliore rode her. Nothing but Fun?
the little guy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-21-2016, 11:03 AM   #38
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy
I believe Cordero rode Indian Vale ( whose first foal just had its debut ) and she finished 5th. I know a Schwartz/Hushion horse won, and I believe Migliore rode her. Nothing but Fun?
http://www.equibase.com/premium/char...05&cy=USA&rn=9

Wonder what happened that her first foal just debuted, she last raced in 2007.
Old 09-21-2016, 12:45 PM   #39
Spalding No!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
http://www.equibase.com/premium/char...05&cy=USA&rn=9

Wonder what happened that her first foal just debuted, she last raced in 2007.
It's not her first foal. She's had about 5 foals.

However, it is the first foal not to be horribly inbred to Forty Niner. Forty Niner was the damsire of Indian Vale. All previous foals were by either Distorted Humor (a son of Forty Niner) or Flower Alley (a son of Distorted Humor).

This most recent one is by Medaglia d'Oro so no close inbreeding. Probably a good thing, as one of the prior foals ran on the same day as this one's debut, running off the board for a mid-level claiming price after being vanned off at Del Mar a year earlier. Another foal ran nowhere in a $7k claimer at Fort Erie a few days ago. Yet another was claimed at Delta Downs earlier this year by Maggi Moss and was promptly vanned off in its first start for her as the favorite in an allowance race and no activity since. The only filly from Indian Vale was unraced and is now a producer.
Spalding No! is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-22-2016, 08:54 PM   #40
castaway01

I wouldn't be shocked if Carina Mia or Cathryn Sophia won. I think the play is tying it the Cotillion to what I think is a wide open PA Derby and hope to get a nice Pick 4.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-23-2016, 05:25 AM   #41
sammy the sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway01
I wouldn't be shocked if Carina Mia or Cathryn Sophia won. I think the play is tying it the Cotillion to what I think is a wide open PA Derby and hope to get a nice Pick 4.
you mean get raped by the worst take-out available...
sammy the sage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-23-2016, 09:23 AM   #42
Fager Fan
Veteran

With all the grumbling about Parx, are you looking forward to Stronach taking it over?
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-23-2016, 10:28 AM   #43
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan
With all the grumbling about Parx, are you looking forward to Stronach taking it over?
At the very least he seems to care about racing, so it has to be better than what they have there now IMO.
Old 09-23-2016, 06:39 PM   #44
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
At the very least he seems to care about racing, so it has to be better than what they have there now IMO.
I hope Stronach has a TRUST and has mandated that his tracks stay open for 100 years.
Old 09-23-2016, 06:56 PM   #45
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Best part of this thread is EMD throwing out a ridiculous percentage, that he got called out on, and then rolls 3 or 4 more almost guarantees of 99.999999% and then 100% guarantees. And not a word is peeped. Good stuff EMD.

Anyway....

6 horse field. 4 best 3YO fillies. 8.5 panels after rocking at 10 panels last out at Saratoga for Songbird. Should be another walk.

Only way I can wager is Cathryn Sophia sitting back IF the and hook up and get Songbird involved in an early and ridiculous pace. A pace she has never seen before through 6 furlongs and with 2 other horses.

Tough bet. She simply looks like she'll run them off their feet and keep running down the stretch still faster than anybody else in the field.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply