Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 02-20-2024, 01:28 AM   #1
SG4

Royal Ascot trip

Has anyone ever been to the races during the Royal Ascot meet? Any tips/comments, especially if going with younger children? Wondering how the ticketing works for the different enclosure options, are you kind of confined to a narrow area based on the tier you buy or are you able to move around & see lots of the grounds?
SG4 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-20-2024, 01:02 PM   #2
P.Rosa
Gambler

Have never been there and likely never will.
Have a safe trip.

Maybe this will help.

https://www.ascot.com/plan-your-day/...oyal-enclosure
Old 02-20-2024, 11:23 PM   #3
SG4

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.Rosa View Post
Have never been there and likely never will.
Have a safe trip.

Maybe this will help.

https://www.ascot.com/plan-your-day/...oyal-enclosure

Thanks - you have clearly overestimated my importance with a link to the royal enclosure information Maybe the invitation only admittance to the royal enclosure will be like the Pegasus World Cup invitations where at some point even the severely outclassed will be extended an invite.
SG4 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-06-2024, 04:40 PM   #4
snappit

Ascot is a wonderful course which I visit often throughout the year for both flat and jumps racing. I prefer other meetings at Ascot, such as the King George and Champions day to the Royal Ascot meeting as you are not as restricted with enclosures as you at the Royal meeting and it is still high quality racing.

For Royal Ascot it depends what you want to see. If you want to view the parade ring and winners enclosure you will need to go in the Queen Anne Enclosure. Be warned though there is a very strict dress code. You must wear a suit and tie, different coloured jacket and trousers are not acceptable, it must be a suit.

You may also consider the Windsor enclosure which is further down the course and will have poor viewing of the finishing line and I don't think you can visit the parade ring, the dress code is more relaxed. You could also go in the centre course enclosure which isn't that bad but you won't have access to the grandstand or parade ring and it still has a formal dress code.

Whatever, you will see the very best racing, with the very best horses. It's not just the group races, even the handicaps are fantastic and to see 30 runners charging down the straight mile is a sight to behold.

You will find it very different to racing in America but it is great to walk up to a bookmaker and place your bets rather than be restricted to the tote. However, you won't find the Royal meeting as relaxed as American racing but this is all part of the Royal Meeting.

I hope to pay a visit myself this year. I am hoping a horse I have shares in will run in one of the handicaps, if he gets a high enough rating to get in. He just missed out getting in last year but went on to win later in the year at Ascot at the Shergar Cup meeting. I will definitely be there if he runs.
snappit is offline   Reply With Quote Reply