Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 11-16-2023, 11:21 PM   #31
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb View Post
24,000 migrants in Massachusetts are being housed in shelters, hotels and motels. Governor Healey urged the federal government to take action and allow more funding to come into the state to continue offering services and helping more migrant families. She has yet to hear back from the Federal Government.

While in Springfield on Wednesday, Western Mass News asked Governor Healey if she is still considering Westfield State University as a possible shelter location.

“We are still, we are still in discussions there. Again, we are not ending the right to shelter,” said Healey.

Since I believe you live there I hope you don't live around where you are getting impacted. They had BLM riots equal distance 30 miles north and 40 miles south from me in towns I frequently traveled to for business supplies.
They were not the violent type but did a lot of road blocking. As someone who purposely avoids traffic getting stuck sitting for hours I know I would be losing it and running people over. Everything could be had online but who wants to pay freight on 100# of sandblasting media and a couple 5 gallon buckets of cutting oil and lubricants they deem hazardous cargo and nail you for an extra $50 a pail. 4 hrs driving and 10 gallons of gas vs $400 what would you pick? I picked the $400 until I was sure BLM was over with. Must of cost me a couple thousand to avoid them. I also missed the Big Mac, fries and the ice tea I always get on business errand runs.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-17-2023, 12:27 AM   #32
jimmyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Since I believe you live there I hope you don't live around where you are getting impacted. They had BLM riots equal distance 30 miles north and 40 miles south from me in towns I frequently traveled to for business supplies.
They were not the violent type but did a lot of road blocking. As someone who purposely avoids traffic getting stuck sitting for hours I know I would be losing it and running people over. Everything could be had online but who wants to pay freight on 100# of sandblasting media and a couple 5 gallon buckets of cutting oil and lubricants they deem hazardous cargo and nail you for an extra $50 a pail. 4 hrs driving and 10 gallons of gas vs $400 what would you pick? I picked the $400 until I was sure BLM was over with. Must of cost me a couple thousand to avoid them. I also missed the Big Mac, fries and the ice tea I always get on business errand runs.

I live in a sanctuary city and am a frequent flyer on public transportation. Many Spanish speaking riders. Some Haitians as well. The local housing authority is offering a 5000.00 bonus to any landlord willing to rent a unit to a migrant family. A bunch of Afghan refugees came a while back and got housing right away. It's estimated 500 homeless are living in encampments within my city boundary.

We also have 3 veterans homeless shelters in the city with a backlog of over 200 waiting for permanent housing. The HUDVASH program gives the vets a housing voucher but migrants are given first preference to available housing.

A Veteran from the shelter moved in here at my place a year ago. He waited almost 2 years. Anything comes available we always call the vets shelter first. We have 5 vets in two buildings.
jimmyb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-17-2023, 12:28 AM   #33
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

The real question is WHY are they so desperate to have so many illegals flood this country despite it being an obvious total shit show.

What's the end game? Why are they doing this?

That's the real question.

It's more than just "extra votes for Democrats" - this is a red herring.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 11-17-2023 at 12:29 AM.
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-17-2023, 12:51 AM   #34
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

NYC Mayor Eric Adams announces the city is FUCKED:

Old 11-17-2023, 12:53 AM   #35
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb View Post
I live in a sanctuary city and am a frequent flyer on public transportation. Many Spanish speaking riders. Some Haitians as well. The local housing authority is offering a 5000.00 bonus to any landlord willing to rent a unit to a migrant family. A bunch of Afghan refugees came a while back and got housing right away. It's estimated 500 homeless are living in encampments within my city boundary.

We also have 3 veterans homeless shelters in the city with a backlog of over 200 waiting for permanent housing. The HUDVASH program gives the vets a housing voucher but migrants are given first preference to available housing.

A Veteran from the shelter moved in here at my place a year ago. He waited almost 2 years. Anything comes available we always call the vets shelter first. We have 5 vets in two buildings.

Did you have to share that? I get extremely pissed when I hear veterans at the back of the line they should be in the front of. I have shared the story of being threatened with the police being called in when I was demanding better care for my AF VFW friend at a VA hospital. I didn't even serve. AF recruiter at my High School said my immobile neck from getting the worst of spearing a HB that went on to play for the Saints was a no go. Picky bastards, I passed a college football physical.

Not sure how the 3rd world country immigrants have enhanced your ride on the city bus and trains, but I have a feeling they make it suck. Most of them I have run across seem to lack manners, as all people low on the socioeconomic ladder do. That includes the white brother and sister couple that rented the section 8 house at my first Riverside Ca. location. I swear they got the equivalent of a $20+ an hour job 30 years ago, for doing nothing.
Old 11-17-2023, 01:06 AM   #36
xtb

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
The real question is WHY are they so desperate to have so many illegals flood this country despite it being an obvious total shit show.

What's the end game? Why are they doing this?

That's the real question.

It's more than just "extra votes for Democrats" - this is a red herring.
As long as the illegals are better off than where they came from, they are content. They don't know our history and they don't care. They have no bond to our culture, they have no reason to preserve it. They won't fight for what our country used to be, they will be easy to control. Drag the rest of the country down even further, the poverty class is easier to control too.
Old 11-17-2023, 01:57 PM   #37
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

So adams should be charged with rape, because the city was f***** by HIM..
Elections have consequences.

NY problems are self inflicyed.
No sympathy.
Clean up your own mess.

And google "sanctuary."

What you guys call a serious problem, Texans call Tuesday morning.
Old 11-20-2023, 04:26 AM   #38
davew

robocop hits the subway

davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-20-2023, 07:54 AM   #39
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post

What does it do, is it just a camera on wheels?
Old 11-20-2023, 09:01 AM   #40
davew

the same thing as empty cop cars sitting by the side of the road ... it does not do anything just flashes lights and has wheels so they can move it around.

just kidding I do not know what it does if anything (besides costs alot)
Old 11-20-2023, 09:13 AM   #41
Inner Dirt

Quote:
the same thing as empty cop cars sitting by the side of the road ... it does not do anything just flashes lights and has wheels so they can move it around.

just kidding I do not know what it does if anything (besides costs
alot)

I had never seen empty cop cars until I moved to Virginia, there is a crap load of them in Fairfax county, home to 95% Covid masking compliance.
There goes another pet peeve, people that slam on the brakes when they see a cop car even if they are driving the speed limit.
Old 11-20-2023, 04:19 PM   #42
dlivery

Cop pulls one over

Sorry officer was in selfness driving mode
dlivery is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-20-2023, 04:37 PM   #43
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlivery View Post
Sorry officer was in selfness driving mode

People are under the delusion that robots are much further advanced than they are. Someone posted a fake video of a robo soldier here thinking it was real.

https://www.google.com/search?client...RIHnK0_NE,st:0

Not sure why some embed and some don't. I laugh my ass off how anyone could have thought that was real.

Last edited by Inner Dirt; 11-20-2023 at 04:39 PM.
Old 11-20-2023, 05:18 PM   #44
davew

it seems they are like their K-9s as they need a handler

Old 11-20-2023, 05:43 PM   #45
Inner Dirt

Quote:
it seems they are like their K-9s as they need a handler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlal0KoM0mU

What happens if you try to push it onto the tracks? You could easily flip it over with a pry bar, then it will be like a tortoise on it's back. Someone up to no good will do one in if no cop is around.