Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 09-30-2022, 08:41 PM   #46
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyC View Post
Currently the Masters gets zero revenue from domestic television. They feel it is more important to retain full control over how the event is portrayed. CBS bills them for costs of production. Could it be that LIV does not want to give in to demands for how their events will be telecast?

With all the defections of major stars from the PGA to LIV I find the PGA tour telecasts to be less than must-see TV. Most people watch golf to see the stars and not because they find golf high level action.
I watch the pga for the "high level of action "

Major stars? Varner hasn't even won a pga tournament for crying out loud. He's 32yo. Chances are he never will. Phil is past his prime. To be honest I haven't missed any of the defectors on Sundays and neither have most of the group in the clubhouse I spend most Sunday afternoons
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-30-2022, 08:53 PM   #47
ElKabong

And in regards to tv rights...

LIV has nothing, repeat nothing, as a one week event that can compare to the masters. All other tournaments are a part of a contract, something LIV can't gen up.

For more info on The Masters financial info I found the below a good read . Even if it is in regards to a covid year. Bottom line, it's run the way they wish. Liv could only dream of sustaining this model

https://huddleup.substack.com/p/the-...nd-the-masters
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
Old 10-01-2022, 12:14 AM   #48
Cuffdaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post

Major stars? Varner hasn't even won a pga tournament for crying out loud. He's 32yo. Chances are he never will. Phil is past his prime. To be honest I haven't missed any of the defectors on Sundays and neither have most of the group in the clubhouse I spend most Sunday afternoons
Have you heard of Cam Smith, he may be a outlier but he is a major star. Won the Players Championship and the British Open.

Lot is left to be played out in this ongoing saga and there is much more rumblings of late from the top vocal players on the PGA tour that both leagues need to sit down and talk it over regarding eligibility.
Cuffdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-01-2022, 11:06 AM   #49
BroadwayJoe

Since I started this thread....

I haven't watched a Sat or Sun broadcast event....

I'm sure lots are like me...

There's just nothing or nobody to get excited about...
BroadwayJoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-01-2022, 02:42 PM   #50
AndyC

Quote:

Cam Smith, Dustin Johnson, Brooks Koepka, Matthew Wolff, Joaquin Niemann, Bryson DeChambeau, Patrick Reed, etc.

I just enjoy watching good golfers compete. I have no problem with any of the golfers who joined LIV or those who stayed on the PGA tour.
Old 10-01-2022, 02:45 PM   #51
AndyC

Quote:
And in regards to tv rights...

LIV has nothing, repeat nothing, as a one week event that can compare to the masters. All other tournaments are a part of a contract, something LIV can't gen up.

For more info on The Masters financial info I found the below a good read . Even if it is in regards to a covid year. Bottom line, it's run the way they wish. Liv could only dream of sustaining this model

https://huddleup.substack.com/p/the-...nd-the-masters

Obviously LIV is not the Masters. But given that most of the broadcast networks have a tie to the PGA tour would certainly force LIV into trying alternative ways of presenting their product.
Old 10-01-2022, 06:37 PM   #52
BroadwayJoe

Quote:
Obviously LIV is not the Masters. But given that most of the broadcast networks have a tie to the PGA tour would certainly force LIV into trying alternative ways of presenting their product.
if that happens...I'll peek in once or twice
BroadwayJoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-01-2022, 11:50 PM   #53
ElKabong

Quote:
Cam Smith, Dustin Johnson, Brooks Koepka, Matthew Wolff, Joaquin Niemann, Bryson DeChambeau, Patrick Reed, etc.

I just enjoy watching good golfers compete. I have no problem with any of the golfers who joined LIV or those who stayed on the PGA tour.
None were eligible to play on the President's Cup. No one missed them

Zach Johnson is now on record saying the LIV players won't be picked for the Rider Cup team. That severely minimizes LIV players significance, individually.

I don't personally know a single serious player that misses any of the LIV players
Old 10-02-2022, 12:03 AM   #54
AndyC

Quote:

Zach Johnson is now on record saying the LIV players won't be picked for the Rider Cup team. That severely minimizes LIV players significance, individually.

I don't personally know a single serious player that misses any of the LIV players

Actually it severely minimizes the significance of the Ryder Cup.

Come out to San Diego, I will introduce you to many serious players that miss the LIV players.
Old 10-02-2022, 02:12 AM   #55
ElKabong

Quote:
Actually it severely minimizes the significance of the Ryder Cup.

Come out to San Diego, I will introduce you to many serious players that miss the LIV players.
Might do it. Maybe Patrick Reed can cheat once again for ya'll. He's been busted for it multiple times. Sounds like a real treat.

Enjoy LIV.....Me? I'll pass... and continue enjoying the Rider Cup

Last edited by ElKabong; 10-02-2022 at 02:19 AM.
Old 10-02-2022, 11:54 AM   #56
Cuffdaddy

Quote:
Might do it. Maybe Patrick Reed can cheat once again for ya'll. He's been busted for it multiple times. Sounds like a real treat.

Major sponsor of PGA tour also grumbling for a sit down meeting between the two tours. I love the PGA tour but they lost some big names or you would not be hearing Rory now changing course slightly with his talking points.

Hope they get it together as this could open up some new tournament possibilities.
Old 10-02-2022, 05:28 PM   #57
AndyC

Quote:

To me golf is not like a t-ball game for 6 year olds. You are allowed to root against players. Patrick Reed has many issues and I take pleasure in rooting against him. He does, however, have tremendous talent.

The PGA used to be a who's who of players but now is more like a who's that?
Old 10-02-2022, 06:59 PM   #58
GMB@BP

Quote:
Trevor Immelman and the ass whipped International Team probably could have used the help.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-02-2022, 07:01 PM   #59
GMB@BP

Its amazing how everything Phil brought up for years with the PGA tour they are suddenly doing. Suddenly they found the money, just needed a little help, a little competition.

GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-02-2022, 07:27 PM   #60
Cuffdaddy

[QUOTE=ElKabong;2833477]None were eligible to play on the President's Cup. No one missed them

They were only not eligible due to the PGA Tour rules regarding LIV. They were certainly missed and were guaranteed to be picked by Immelman.

Cam Smith, Joaquin Niemann, Carlos Ortiz and other players such as Branden Grace and Oosthuizen.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: