Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 09-10-2022, 12:23 PM   #226
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtb View Post
Oh yes, the new vaccine kept the mice out of the hospital so it is safe and effective.

If they fed them to a snake, would the snake get covid?
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-10-2022, 12:43 PM   #227
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post

If they fed them to a snake, would the snake get covid?
Not if the snake were masked up.
Old 09-10-2022, 08:44 PM   #228
classhandicapper

I was just at my aunt’s 100th birthday party and saw a bunch of my 1st cousins and their children and children’s children.

I just found out

1. My 25 year old cousin’s wife just had a mild stroke. She’s OK, but she was perfectly healthy, just got married a few months ago, and had a stroke.

2. My 70 year old cousin lost her husband last year. He had some heart issues and had a heart attack. Aside from feeling badly, I never gave it another thought. I spoke to my cousin today for the first time about the details. He had just been vaccinated and had severe clots. She’s 100% convinced it was the vaccine.

3. My brother was just diagnosed with a tumor in his kidney. More tests to come.

WTF is it going to take for the MFers to hold all vaccinations and investigate what the F is going on. All sorts of diseases and excess deaths are running above average. WTF do these morons think the problem might be? The data does not track spikes in Covid. It tracks vaccination. We have to look at this!!!!!!!
Old 09-10-2022, 09:19 PM   #229
tbwinner

As I posted before, I haven't been sick since having COVID in Jan of 2021.

Reading things sometimes I amazed at how little my family, co-workers, and close surroundings have been affected by COVID health-wise. It's about a mix of 75% vaxxed vs 25%...and No, I don't ask, just information I've gathered from hearing things and being around them. Me? I don't talk about it. And I've been asked plenty.

No one in my circle really has been affected one way or another. Which I'm glad for---both ways...vaccine side effects or COVID effects. An in-law just passed..."with COVID"...but he was 85+ and had other health issues. Co-workers have been out due to COVID but always back "same as I remember them"

So really...just thinking...is everything, on both sides, just way overblown? Is this the result of yet another over-sensational media?
tbwinner is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-12-2022, 07:21 AM   #230
Poindexter

Long article in Epoch times about excessive deaths from September 9th I just ran into.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/2022-e...tw&rs=SHRDLLKL
Poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-12-2022, 08:54 AM   #231
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbwinner View Post

Reading things sometimes I amazed at how little my family, co-workers, and close surroundings have been affected by COVID health-wise. It's about a mix of 75% vaxxed vs 25%...and No, I don't ask, just information I've gathered from hearing things and being around them. Me? I don't talk about it. And I've been asked plenty.

No one in my circle really has been affected one way or another. Which I'm glad for---both ways...vaccine side effects or COVID effects. An in-law just passed..."with COVID"...but he was 85+ and had other health issues. Co-workers have been out due to COVID but always back "same as I remember them"

So really...just thinking...is everything, on both sides, just way overblown? Is this the result of yet another over-sensational media?
Or..what the FDA is sweeping under the rug because they don't want to reveal to the public the facts about adverse jab events?
Old 09-12-2022, 10:00 AM   #232
Poindexter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbwinner View Post

I think some anger is coming from the many people who knew there was a lot that could potentially go wrong with these vaccines and they are starting to see that their were suspicions were likely correct. The fact that they (government, tech, msm) just propagandized it and continue to propagandize it just adds fuel to the fire. The constant "safe and effective" narrative (they may as well play trance music in the background) over and over again. Obviously not everyone in their 70's that dies, dropped dead of the vaccine. But it could have been a contributing factor, we will never know. When I start seeing young people drop dead, or have serious issues, I have to lean towards vaccine. When I start seeing so many world class athletes drop dead. In my mind it has to be vaccines. I am sure there are some exceptions but so many? Not buying it. There is never even an attempt to explain why these people died. Also i am so sick of the drivel by "fact checkers" and "news publications" trying to explain it all away. If people want to trust the government and media and believe, they will. They will be led right over a cliff

The problem is the big 3 aren't stopping the propaganda no matter what happens. Literally half of America would have to drop dead before we saw a change of course and tone. These sick ***** would probably still try to explain things away. The other problem is there is no desire to investigate and determine if there is a problem with the current vaccines(and of course they did not properly test the new ones). They call the shots, some of us get to die or lose loved ones, or get very sick and maybe a lot of us when all is said and done. Obviously at this point it is rare enough right now where plenty of folks have no immediate contact with people adversely affected. We still have no idea what will transpire over the next couple of years. On the other had there are going to be others that have enough contact with surprise deaths (eg CH) and if they are in tune to what is going on will be very angry and rightfully so.

This is a complete shit show (whether your circle is completely fine or you have 4 close friends that had severe reactions or died) that should have never happened. The fact that it did happen pretty much opens the door for every conspiracy theory there is to be believed. There is no logic why what happened since the start of covid has happened. It is all appalling. Government/msm throughout the world have lost all credibility in my eyes.
Poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-12-2022, 12:30 PM   #233
classhandicapper

Don’t forget they also ostracized anyone that would not take the vaccine, mandated it for employment for many people or they would lose their job, locked them down and would not let them travel or enjoy some of the pleasures of life etc… This was going on even after it was OBVIOUS it was not preventing infection or transmission. Novak Djokovic still can’t get into tennis tournaments. That’s insane. They are totalitarian scum. Letting them off the hook as being anything other than the arrogant totalitarian scumbags they are should be off the table.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 09-12-2022 at 12:31 PM.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-12-2022, 12:56 PM   #234
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
Don’t forget they also ostracized anyone that would not take the vaccine, mandated it for employment for many people or they would lose their job, locked them down and would not let them travel or enjoy some of the pleasures of life etc… This was going on even after it was OBVIOUS it was not preventing infection or transmission. Novak Djokovic still can’t get into tennis tournaments. That’s insane. They are totalitarian scum. Letting them off the hook as being anything other than the arrogant totalitarian scumbags they are should be off the table.

That makes sense, ban a wealthy word class tennis player that will probably spend a good chunk of change here, because he is unvaccinated, but let a bunch of unvaxed illegals flood in that are a drain on the economy. Only in a Democrat's mind does hat make sense.
Old 09-12-2022, 09:22 PM   #235
Jeff P

Location: JCapper Platinum: Kind of like Deep Blue... but for horses.
CDC Admits Post-Vaccine Myocarditis Concerns Are Legit

TheFederalist.com | By: Sophia Corso | September 09, 2022
CDC Admits Post-Vaccine Myocarditis Concerns That Were Labeled Covid Misinformation Are Legit:
https://thefederalist.com/2022/09/09...ion-are-legit/

Quote:
In context, the CDC’s latest numbers about post-vax myocarditis represent a significant departure from last year’s narrative pushed by health bureaucrats and the media.

When reports first surfaced in 2021 that some cases of myocarditis — the inflammation of the heart muscle, potentially leading to blood clots and heart attack or stroke — were potentially associated with the Covid-19 vaccine, the corporate media and its fact-checkers were quick to label them as misinformation, saying the benefits of the vaccine far outweigh its small risks.

Quote:
A year later, though, the media can no longer deny that what they called misinformation actually has data to back it up. As Matt Shapiro detailed in his Substack post on the matter, “Last year’s misinformation on vaccine-associated myocarditis in young men is this year’s well-established fact.”

According to Vaccine Safety Datalink surveillance data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) conducted in 2022, within a week of receiving the “Dose 2 Primary Series” of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine, there were 14 verified cases of myocarditis or pericarditis among the 102,091 males aged 16-17 who got the shot. Among the nearly 206,000 12-15-year-old males who received the same series, 31 cases were confirmed within a week.

These numbers might seem small or meaningless, but in context, they represent a significant departure from last year’s conventional wisdom pushed by health bureaucrats and parroted by the media: In 2021, the CDC’s reported rates of myocarditis during the 0-7 day “risk period” following vaccination were significantly lower compared to recent numbers.
Quote:
For instance, in August last year, the CDC reported 42.6 per million cases and 71.5 per million cases for 12-15 and 16-17-year-old males, respectively, but now the health agency admits those incidence rates are actually 150.5 per million for the younger group and 137.1 per million for the older. Among 16- and 17-year-old males, the incidence rate jumps to a whopping 188 per million following the first booster, with 9 of the 47,874 developing heart inflammation in the week after that shot.
While rates from the latest CDC study are “3-5 times higher for young men than what the CDC was reporting this time last year,” other health experts, whom the media discredited, were ahead of the curve. Data from a study conducted by Tracy Hoeg, MD, Ph.D., and others in 2021 aligns with the latest CDC numbers from 2022.
Some key takeaways:

1. Myocarditis rates reported in Tracy Hoeg's study were real. It took about a year, but the CDC has finally confirmed that.

2. People using social media to talk about Myocarditis rates cited in studies by Tracy Hoeg and others weren't spreading misinformation.

3. The so called Fact Checkers and Press were (Imo still are) the ones spreading misinformation.

Here's a link to Tracy Hoeg's study:

SARS-CoV-2 mRNA Vaccination-Associated Myocarditis in Children Ages 12-17: A Stratified National Database Analysis:
https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1....30.21262866v2

ABSTRACT

Quote:
Objectives Establishing the rate of post-vaccination cardiac myocarditis in the 12-15 and 16-17-year-old population in the context of their COVID-19 hospitalization risk is critical for developing a vaccination recommendation framework that balances harms with benefits for this patient demographic.

Design, Setting and Participants Using the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS), this retrospective epidemiological assessment reviewed reports filed between January 1, 2021, and June 18, 2021, among adolescents ages 12-17 who received mRNA vaccination against COVID-19. Symptom search criteria included the words chest pain, myocarditis, pericarditis and myopericarditis to identify children with evidence of cardiac injury. The word troponin was a required element in the laboratory findings. Inclusion criteria were aligned with the CDC working case definition for probable myocarditis. Stratified cardiac adverse event (CAE) rates were reported for age, sex and vaccination dose number. A harm-benefit analysis was conducted using existing literature on COVID-19-related hospitalization risks in this demographic.

Main outcome measures 1) Stratified rates of mRNA vaccine-related myocarditis in adolescents age 12-15 and 16-17; and 2) harm-benefit analysis of vaccine-related CAEs in relation to COVID-19 hospitalization risk.

Results A total of 253 CAEs were identified. Rates per million following dose 2 among males were 162.2 (ages 12-15) and 93.0 (ages 16-17); among females, rates were 13.0 and 12.5 per million, respectively. For boys 12-15 without medical comorbidities receiving their second mRNA vaccination dose, the rate of CAE is 2.6 to 4.3 times higher than their 120-day COVID-19 hospitalization risk even at times of peak incidence such as during the delta wave (7-day hospitalizations 2.1/100k population). For boys 16-17 without medical comorbidities, the rate of CAE is 1.5 to 2.5 times higher at times of high weekly COVID-19 hospitalization.

Conclusions Post-vaccination CAE rate was highest in young boys aged 12-15 following dose two. For boys 12-17 without medical comorbidities, the likelihood of post vaccination dose two CAE is 162.2 and 93.0/million respectively. This incidence exceeds their expected 120-day COVID-19 hospitalization rate at both moderate and high COVID-19 hospitalization incidence. Further research into the severity and long-term sequelae of post-vaccination CAE is warranted. Quantification of the benefits of the second vaccination dose and vaccination in addition to natural immunity in this demographic may be indicated to minimize harm.
For context, a CAE (cardiac adverse event rate) of 162.2 per million might equate to 'only' 1.622 cardiac adverse events for every 10,000 males between the ages of 12-15 receiving a second dose.

But 1.622 in 10,000 turns out to be 2.6 to 4.3 times higher than the 120-day COVID-19 hospitalization risk for males between the ages of 12-15 even at the peak of last year's delta surge.

One final takeaway:

4. Apparently Twitter has backed on their vaccine censorship bit.

The Federalist article mentioned above includes a tweet by Tracy Hoeg followed by a reply from one of her kids. (It also includes a Tweet from someone threatening to turn her in to the California Medical Board "once a certain law is passed in California.")

A few months ago Twitter would have locked her account had she posted numbers from her study.

How the hell did we get to a place where an M.D who authors a study that gets published in a medical journal could have their Twitter account locked for 'Disinformation' and everyday people would see that as normal?

-jp

Last edited by Jeff P; 09-12-2022 at 09:33 PM.
Jeff P is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-12-2022, 10:18 PM   #236
Jeff P

Quote:
4. Apparently Twitter has backed on their vaccine censorship bit.
--Edit/Change that to read:

4. Apparently Twitter has backed OFF on their vaccine censorship bit.

-jp

Old 09-13-2022, 10:38 AM   #237
classhandicapper

There are almost certainly way more cases of heart inflammation than we know about. We are generally only seeing the cases that were symptomatic enough for a doctor or emergency room visit. There are other cases that were mild enough to never be diagnosed. The media keeps saying these cases generally resolve quickly. That may be true, but what long term damage do they leave behind.
Old 09-13-2022, 10:45 AM   #238
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff P View Post
TheFederalist.com | By: Sophia Corso | September 09, 2022
CDC Admits Post-Vaccine Myocarditis Concerns That Were Labeled Covid Misinformation Are Legit:
https://thefederalist.com/2022/09/09...ion-are-legit/
In other words, the Center for Deception and Confusion flip-flops as much as Fascist Fuhrer Fauci does.
Old 09-13-2022, 12:13 PM   #239
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
I was just at my aunt’s 100th birthday party and saw a bunch of my 1st cousins and their children and children’s children.

I just found out

1. My 25 year old cousin’s wife just had a mild stroke. She’s OK, but she was perfectly healthy, just got married a few months ago, and had a stroke.

2. My 70 year old cousin lost her husband last year. He had some heart issues and had a heart attack. Aside from feeling badly, I never gave it another thought. I spoke to my cousin today for the first time about the details. He had just been vaccinated and had severe clots. She’s 100% convinced it was the vaccine.

3. My brother was just diagnosed with a tumor in his kidney. More tests to come.

WTF is it going to take for the MFers to hold all vaccinations and investigate what the F is going on. All sorts of diseases and excess deaths are running above average. WTF do these morons think the problem might be? The data does not track spikes in Covid. It tracks vaccination. We have to look at this!!!!!!!

Awesome your aunt made 100, my grandma missed it by 45 days. Sorry about the young lady's stroke, your cousin and brother. I know a lot of people that got Covid, vaxed 0,1,2,3,4, times seemed to make no difference. I fortunately don't know anyone that got hit with ailments that may have been vaccine related, other than shots made them sick. I don't doubt the shots can cause problems. Anyone with a lick of common sense knows even with a vaccine

that has been around for ever with no odd side effects there will

be people allergic to it.
Old 09-13-2022, 01:05 PM   #240
Jeff P

New Zealand To End Vaccine Mandates and Will Ramp Up Early Treatment

TheEpochTimes.com | By Rebecca Zhu | Updated: September 12, 2022
New Zealand Scraps Nearly All COVID-19 Restrictions, Including Mask and Vaccination Mandates:
https://12ft.io/proxy?q=https%3A%2F%...s_4724789.html

Quote:
All government vaccine mandates will end on Sept. 26, and all vaccination requirements for incoming travellers and aircrew will also be removed.

After restrictions are lifted, it will be up to the employer’s discretion whether they will require workers to wear masks or get vaccinated for COVID-19.

“In short, we now move on to a simple two requirements system of masks in healthcare settings and seven days isolation for positive cases only,” Ardern said.

The COVID-19 protection framework, or traffic light system, set out the rules for different traffic light settings, where red was the highest alert setting, and green meant no restrictions. At the time of removal, New Zealand was at orange.

The government also confirmed that COVID leave payments will continue.

COVID-19 Minister Ayesha Verrall also announced the purchase of an additional 40,000 anti-viral medicine courses, expected to arrive in New Zealand within days.

So now, anyone over the age of 65, and Maori and Pacific people over the age of 50, or anyone who meets Pharmac requirements, can access the treatment in the early stages of contracting the virus.

-jp

Last edited by Jeff P; 09-13-2022 at 01:18 PM.
Jeff P is offline   Reply With Quote Reply