Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Poll: how many Covid vaccines have you had?
Poll Options
how many Covid vaccines have you had?

Old 09-08-2022, 07:19 PM   #46
Jeff P

Location: JCapper Platinum: Kind of like Deep Blue... but for horses.
Imo, Campbell is a VERY well respected Nurse Practitioner, Educator, and Medical Textbook Author... at least up until the arrival of Covid-19.

After that he appears to have drawn the ire of the 'Covid Thought Police' once he started making videos about Ivermectin based on reports by doctors who were seeing good results using it for both early treatment and for prophylaxis.

Campbell has also drawn ire for reporting about mRNA Vaccine side effects and Excess Mortality (which you are not allowed to talk about on social media in this country.)

From his Wikipedia page which has been edited to diminish him:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Campbell_(YouTuber)

Quote:
Campbell received a diploma in nursing from the University of London and Bachelor of Science in biology from the Open University. He subsequently earned a Master of Science in health science from the University of Lancaster and a Ph.D. in nursing education from the University of Bolton.
Quote:
Campbell worked as a nursing educator at the University of Cumbria, and has experience as an Accident and Emergency (A&E) nurse.[9] He has also taught health workers in India and Cambodia.[9] He is the author of Campbell's Physiology Notes and Campbell's Pathophysiology Notes nursing-related biosciences text books. A 2011 book review in Emergency Nurse magazine said Campbell's Physiology Notes was "excellent, inexpensive notes on the causes, pathophysiological changes and clinical features seen in disease processes".[10]
Quote:
Ivermectin

See also: Ivermectin during the COVID-19 pandemic

In November 2021, Campbell said in a video that ivermectin might have been responsible for a sudden decline in COVID-19 cases in Japan. However, the drug had never been officially authorised for such use in the country; its use was merely promoted by the chair of a non-governmental medical association in Tokyo, and it has no established benefit as a COVID-19 treatment.[4]
Imo, that last sentence that I bolded from his Wikipedia page is provably false, and a glaring example of censorship.

It also stands as a glaring example of what motivates me to post in these threads.

-jp

Old 09-08-2022, 07:28 PM   #47
mhaney0423

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff P View Post
Imo, Campbell is a VERY well respected Nurse Practitioner, Educator, and Medical Textbook Author... at least up until the arrival of Covid-19.

After that he appears to have drawn the ire of the 'Covid Thought Police' once he started making videos about Ivermectin based on reports by doctors who were seeing good results using it for both early treatment and for prophylaxis.

Campbell has also drawn ire for reporting about mRNA Vaccine side effects and Excess Mortality (which you are not allowed to talk about on social media in this country.)

From his Wikipedia page which has been edited to diminish him:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Campbell_(YouTuber)

Imo, that last sentence that I bolded from his Wikipedia page is provably false, and a glaring example of censorship.

It also stands as a glaring example of what motivates me to post in these threads.

-jp

So long as you are aware he is not an authority on the subject, then its up to you what you would like to believe, I have no problem with that.
I am going to look elsewhere for information, but that's just me.
mhaney0423 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-08-2022, 07:35 PM   #48
Poindexter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhaney0423 View Post
Out of curiosity, what is Dr Campbell a doctor of? I know was just curious if you knew?
Out of curiosity, why does it matter. I thought I read somewhere he is actually some kind of nurse. That being said who cares. I have watched maybe 2 or 3 of his videos. He is smart and takes a long time to explain things in ways a layman can understand. From what I have seen he has been out there sharing the truth with people while governments across the world were forcing their citizens to take this very dangerous jab feeding their citizens propaganda and lies that folks like you drink up like a slurpy.

Your arrogance is a common theme among the left and it is very dangerous. People are putting way too much power in the hands of "experts" instead of thinking for themselves. If the "experts" were honest and worthy of trust it would not be as bad (but people should always think for themselves). We have seen since the start of this "pandemic". they clearly are not. Either because they are too scared to speak up (fear of losing their job and social standing) or they are just too brainwashed. Either way in this day an age degrees mean as much to me as the toilet paper I use after the fact.

Carry on.
Poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-08-2022, 07:56 PM   #49
mhaney0423

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poindexter View Post
Out of curiosity, why does it matter. I thought I read somewhere he is actually some kind of nurse. That being said who cares. I have watched maybe 2 or 3 of his videos. He is smart and takes a long time to explain things in ways a layman can understand. From what I have seen he has been out there sharing the truth with people while governments across the world were forcing their citizens to take this very dangerous jab feeding their citizens propaganda and lies that folks like you drink up like a slurpy.

Your arrogance is a common theme among the left and it is very dangerous. People are putting way too much power in the hands of "experts" instead of thinking for themselves. If the "experts" were honest and worthy of trust it would not be as bad (but people should always think for themselves). We have seen since the start of this "pandemic". they clearly are not. Either because they are too scared to speak up (fear of losing their job and social standing) or they are just too brainwashed. Either way in this day an age degrees mean as much to me as the toilet paper I use after the fact.

Carry on.
Ok champ, who said I was on the left? Just for what it's worth....I hate both parties equally! I guess that puts me in the center or the middle......where I actually believe about 60 to 70% of America actually stands. Hence why I said, anyone can believe what they want.
Just me personally....I normally want a roofer working on my roof not a carpet guy. I prefer to have a mechanic work on my car not a lawyer. I prefer to have a lawyer handle my legal matters not a mechanic. I prefer to be diagnosed with a disease by a MD not a nurse educator.
Hey, that's just me.....I never claimed to be too smart.
Old 09-08-2022, 08:06 PM   #50
Jeff P

Location: JCapper Platinum: Kind of like Deep Blue... but for horses.
Quote:
So long as you are aware he is not an authority on the subject, then its up to you what you would like to believe, I have no problem with that.
You may not realize it but you hit the nail on the head.

Above all else I believe in Informed Consent.

That's where every single one of us has the right to look at, consider, evaluate, and analyze all of the available data and viewpoints - and from there - make an informed decision about what is and isn't right medically for each of us.

What's right for you might very well be the opposite of what's right for me - and vice versa.

That's perfectly ok. Exactly how it should be.

I didn't realize it at first.

But looking back it's crystal clear to me now.

It started a few months before mRNA vaccine rollout.

There has been a concerted effort to make informed consent a thing of the past.

No better evidence than the sentence about Ivermectin I bolded from Campbell's Wikipedia page. Or the fact that you can't talk about Ivermectin, Natural Immunity, mRNA Vaccine Side Effects, or the timing of Excess Mortality around the world just so happening to coincide with mRNA Vaccine Rollout on Twitter without having your account locked. (How can there be true Informed Consent when relevant new information and discoveries are being censored?)

Imo, Campbell doesn't have to be an authority on the subject.

He makes good videos by pulling up a published study and going over what the authors reported.

Oftentimes the studies present new info and discoveries you're not going to get elsewhere.

-jp

Last edited by Jeff P; 09-08-2022 at 08:13 PM.
Jeff P is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-08-2022, 08:19 PM   #51
mhaney0423

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff P View Post
You may not realize it but you hit the nail on the head.

Above all else I believe in Informed Consent.

That's where every single one of us has the right to look at, consider, evaluate, and analyze all of the available data and viewpoints - and from there - make an informed decision about what is and isn't right medically for each of us.

What's right for you might very well be the opposite of what's right for me - and vice versa.

That's perfectly ok. Exactly how it should be.

I didn't realize it at first.

But looking back it's crystal clear to me now.

It started a few months before mRNA vaccine rollout.

There has been a concerted effort to make informed consent a thing of the past.

No better evidence than the sentence about Ivermectin I bolded from Campbell's Wikipedia page. Or the fact that you can't talk about Ivermectin, Natural Immunity, mRNA Vaccine Side Effects, or the timing of Excess Mortality around the world just so happening to coincide with mRNA Vaccine Rollout on Twitter without having your account locked. (How can there be true Informed Consent when relevant new information and discoveries are being censored?)

Imo, Campbell doesn't have to be an authority on the subject.

He makes good videos by pulling up a published study and going over what the authors reported.

Oftentimes the studies present new info and discoveries you're not going to get elsewhere.

-jp

This is the truth! We may not agree on who to listen to, but I respect the hell out of your right to listen to whoever you want about your health. Much respect to you for explaining your opinion and not taking the conversation into the dumps.
This to me is very commendable, we don't have to agree on everything or anything, but we do need to respect each other as individuals. Kudos and thanks!
Old 09-08-2022, 08:21 PM   #52
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
In this case I will pray for you next time you get smallpox or rabies, polio, hepatitus a or b, tetanus, measles, etc. You will need it.
fairly certain Margie is immunized against every one of those diseases (as are most people), with the possible exception of hepatitis, as that isn't a common one, unless they are giving it out to kids these days...but I'm guessing Margie isn't a kid.

Why would you come to the conclusion that she wouldn't be immunized against your listed diseases? Do you think she's a Jehovah's Witness or something?

The real strange thing is you equating the COVID vaccine, which is brand new and based on brand new and still experimental technology, to vaccines that have been around DECADES and DECADES and have a long trail of safety behind it along with solid studies.

Something that can't be said for the COVID vaccine. Even by people like you.
Old 09-08-2022, 08:24 PM   #53
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
I don't think any sane person can question the efficacy of natural immunity, I also can't understand how any person with "at risk" factors for complications.....such as diabetes in myself, would not want a vaccination.
I mean would you rather get hepatitus a or b and risk liver damage when there is vaccines to prevent ever getting it? How about measles, etc?
I can't for the life of me understand why people need to believe that both of these things cannot be good....natural immunity and vaccinations......in my case, I was vaccinated and probably had some immunity to covid and I got plenty sick with some immunity.....now in theory I have natural immunity as well, although natural immunity has not seemed to stop several people I know from contracting Covid 2 and even 3x.
You don't stop getting the flu either if you contract it once...because of all the variants and mutations.

Again, why would you equate a vaccine like the Hep vaccine that can "prevent ever getting it" (your words...I'm not certain this is true, but I'll take your word for it), to the COVID vaccine which obviously DOES NOT prevent you from ever getting it?
Old 09-08-2022, 08:36 PM   #54
mhaney0423

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
You don't stop getting the flu either if you contract it once...because of all the variants and mutations.

Again, why would you equate a vaccine like the Hep vaccine that can "prevent ever getting it" (your words...I'm not certain this is true, but I'll take your word for it), to the COVID vaccine which obviously DOES NOT prevent you from ever getting it?
It most definitely ameliorates the symptoms for most people, my point is, why would I want to get sick as hell and possibly hospitalized or worse, if I can take a vaccine to prevent at least the worst of it. It's not for everyone, I'm 54 years old with pre existing conditions which make me more susceptible to the worst of it. For what it's worth, I get the flu shot every year now too....but only started doing that about 5 years ago.....my last bad bout of the flu!
Old 09-08-2022, 08:43 PM   #55
mhaney0423

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
fairly certain Margie is immunized against every one of those diseases (as are most people), with the possible exception of hepatitis, as that isn't a common one, unless they are giving it out to kids these days...but I'm guessing Margie isn't a kid.

Why would you come to the conclusion that she wouldn't be immunized against your listed diseases? Do you think she's a Jehovah's Witness or something?

The real strange thing is you equating the COVID vaccine, which is brand new and based on brand new and still experimental technology, to vaccines that have been around DECADES and DECADES and have a long trail of safety behind it along with solid studies.

Something that can't be said for the COVID vaccine. Even by people like you.
I think it had to do with the statement that she relies on natural immunity and still does to this day, I was simply reminding her that she probably does not, at least not always.
Old 09-08-2022, 08:46 PM   #56
Poindexter

Quote:
Ok champ, who said I was on the left? Just for what it's worth....I hate both parties equally! I guess that puts me in the center or the middle......where I actually believe about 60 to 70% of America actually stands. Hence why I said, anyone can believe what they want.
Just me personally....I normally want a roofer working on my roof not a carpet guy. I prefer to have a mechanic work on my car not a lawyer. I prefer to have a lawyer handle my legal matters not a mechanic. I prefer to be diagnosed with a disease by a MD not a nurse educator.
Hey, that's just me.....I never claimed to be too smart.
You just act like a leftist with your arrogance (a mans viewpoints are irrelevant because they do not have bunch of letters next to their name (these days that means they have been indoctrinated longer). I hate all politicians as well so we aren't too far apart. I just hate the left more because they are going after liberty and frankly they have just lost their fricking minds. At least I think republicans are for limited government. Although who knows. Congress might just be one big country club getting fat while every day Americans get poorer and poorer.

Prior to covid it made sense to rely on the most qualified doctors. That went out the window with covid. These doctors have been either brainwashed to some degree or more likely they have been handcuffed from telling the truth and very few have been willing to speak up and risk losing their [B][B][B]careers/social status. The guys like Dr. Kory and Dr. Mccullough and the many others are heroes. They were out their saving lives, speaking the truth and subjecting themselves to all kinds of unfounded ridicule and humiliation. Some of these doctors lost their practices because they did the right thing. Just like a lot of folks lost their jobs, pensions and careers because they did not to risk getting jabbed. The rest of the folks in the medial field who sat on their hands and went with the establishment when they knew that something just wasn't right-shame on them.

We live in a different world now. We are not being presented truth. In fact we are often being presented lies in a condescending presentation made to belittle us for even questioning what we are being told. I am not speaking to you directly. I am speaking to everyone reading. Seek the truth and stop trusting people. Just like you wouldn't bet $1000 on a specific public selectors best be unless you knew his best bet had a track record of being very profitable, you should not be sticking jabs in your arms without reading all dissenting opinions and process what they are saying. Then make your decision.
Poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-08-2022, 10:17 PM   #57
davew

Quote:
Who is an authority on the subject?
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-08-2022, 11:05 PM   #58
MargieRose

Quote:
In this case I will pray for you next time you get smallpox or rabies, polio, hepatitus a or b, tetanus, measles, etc. You will need it.
You misunderstand. I didn't say that I'm against vaccines. I've gotten my share for some the diseases that you listed (smallpox and polio, especially), and I would not hesitate to take a vaccine for the others, IF there was a need; e.g. rabies, due to contact with a potentially infected animal. But, I'm not willing to negate acquired natural immunity as being a benefit in and of itself, as well; e.g., I contracted measles as a kid; I don't need the vaccine.

Well, in the case of Covid 19, Dr. Fauci did negate, or, at the least, didn't specifically tout, as he did in the past, acquired natural immunity as being a benefit, this time around. If anything, he, et al., tried to entomb it. Why? I think PA explained that!

Yes, I wholeheartedly believe in and trust natural immunity, but I don't discount the benefits of a legitimate (preferably, naturally developed, as was the case for the aforementioned diseases) vaccine.
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-09-2022, 09:30 AM   #59
mhaney0423

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poindexter View Post
You just act like a leftist with your arrogance (a mans viewpoints are irrelevant because they do not have bunch of letters next to their name (these days that means they have been indoctrinated longer). I hate all politicians as well so we aren't too far apart. I just hate the left more because they are going after liberty and frankly they have just lost their fricking minds. At least I think republicans are for limited government. Although who knows. Congress might just be one big country club getting fat while every day Americans get poorer and poorer.

Prior to covid it made sense to rely on the most qualified doctors. That went out the window with covid. These doctors have been either brainwashed to some degree or more likely they have been handcuffed from telling the truth and very few have been willing to speak up and risk losing their [B][B][B]careers/social status. The guys like Dr. Kory and Dr. Mccullough and the many others are heroes. They were out their saving lives, speaking the truth and subjecting themselves to all kinds of unfounded ridicule and humiliation. Some of these doctors lost their practices because they did the right thing. Just like a lot of folks lost their jobs, pensions and careers because they did not to risk getting jabbed. The rest of the folks in the medial field who sat on their hands and went with the establishment when they knew that something just wasn't right-shame on them.

We live in a different world now. We are not being presented truth. In fact we are often being presented lies in a condescending presentation made to belittle us for even questioning what we are being told. I am not speaking to you directly. I am speaking to everyone reading. Seek the truth and stop trusting people. Just like you wouldn't bet $1000 on a specific public selectors best be unless you knew his best bet had a track record of being very profitable, you should not be sticking jabs in your arms without reading all dissenting opinions and process what they are saying. Then make your decision.
First off, I NEVER bet anyone's picks....to do so takes the fun out of the game for me.
Second your point about Dr's today is not too far off, except I don't think they are brainwashed at all.....the main problem I see is that medicine today has been set up like an assembly line, the whole concept of the family physician is a thing of the past. Hell, my latest Dr. that I have seen for 5 years can't remember what she told me the day after she sees me. It's not that she doesn't care IMHO, it's that they flood so many people in there that everyone starts to be the same.
Secondly, these Dr.s are afraid of lawsuits, if government could do one thing to help the situation, it would be to put an end to frivolous lawsuits.
As far as the vaccines, I have a pretty good clue exactly how these are made, what they consist of, what type of trials they are put through, and how diligent the people who work in the field are, therefore, I don't have much problem with taking it. I did not listen to anyone with regards to taking it or not, save for my wife, we discussed it and both decided we wanted it.
Old 09-09-2022, 09:31 AM   #60
mhaney0423

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargieRose View Post
You misunderstand. I didn't say that I'm against vaccines. I've gotten my share for some the diseases that you listed (smallpox and polio, especially), and I would not hesitate to take a vaccine for the others, IF there was a need; e.g. rabies, due to contact with a potentially infected animal. But, I'm not willing to negate acquired natural immunity as being a benefit in and of itself, as well; e.g., I contracted measles as a kid; I don't need the vaccine.

Well, in the case of Covid 19, Dr. Fauci did negate, or, at the least, didn't specifically tout, as he did in the past, acquired natural immunity as being a benefit, this time around. If anything, he, et al., tried to entomb it. Why? I think PA explained that!

Yes, I wholeheartedly believe in and trust natural immunity, but I don't discount the benefits of a legitimate (preferably, naturally developed, as was the case for the aforementioned diseases) vaccine.
I did misunderstand Margie, sorry about that.