Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 08-01-2022, 10:19 AM   #1
46zilzal
velocitician

the inevitability of over population

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...climate-crisis

Temperatures are heading toward making places uninhabitable, JUST like organizations: Zero Population Growth projected when I first contacted them in the Fall of 1970.

We live in a FINITE community with a single shared atmosphere. Add to that than an ever expanding human footprint, and the long term consequnces are not too different that first mentioned it in 1798 when he (Malthus) published, anonymously, the first edition of An Essay on the Principle of Population as It Affects the Future Improvement of Society.

EVERY population of animals, bacteria and all other life, when subjected to environmental stresses, on this same level, all did the same thing: COLLAPSED

It is currently in a runaway situation and appears unstoppable, especially with the uneducated holding to the same denial that the vote was "fixed."

These folks are dumb as hammers given the overwhelming evidence of both phenomena.

Just heard over the weekend this fellow who owns the car company Telsa. think we need even MORE people....

Glad I am on the way out.
Old 08-01-2022, 11:02 AM   #2
P.Rosa
Gambler

The solution for over population has already been written about.

Sins Of The Fathers - Will Cunningham

"In the year 2038, abortions are the long-accepted means of population control, and euthanasia has become a means for cutting enormous health care costs. It is the responsibility of each citizen to willingly be terminated at age 50. Those who resist are hunted down by tag men. With reproduction done mechanically in a lab and the citizens being terminated for the "greater good" life and love have lost all meaning."

Also

Logan's Run - George Clayton Johnson and William F. Nolan

"Published in 1967,
the novel depicts a dystopic ageist future society in which both population and the consumption of resources are maintained in equilibrium by requiring the death of everyone reaching the age of 21."
Old 08-01-2022, 11:19 AM   #3
GaryG
Unreconstructed

Eugenics!
Old 08-01-2022, 11:35 AM   #4
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zilzal View Post
Just heard over the weekend this fellow who owns the car company Telsa.
"This fellow who owns the car company Tesla..."

Are you even human? You're not, right?
Old 08-01-2022, 11:48 AM   #5
boxcar

Quote:

Temperatures are heading toward making places uninhabitable, JUST like organizations: Zero Population Growth projected when I first contacted them in the Fall of 1970.

We live in a FINITE community with a single shared atmosphere. Add to that than an ever expanding human footprint, and the long term consequnces are not too different that first mentioned it in 1798 when he (Malthus) published, anonymously, the first edition of An Essay on the Principle of Population as It Affects the Future Improvement of Society.

EVERY population of animals, bacteria and all other life, when subjected to environmental stresses, on this same level, all did the same thing: COLLAPSED

It is currently in a runaway situation and appears unstoppable, especially with the uneducated holding to the same denial that the vote was "fixed."

These folks are dumb as hammers given the overwhelming evidence of both phenomena.

Just heard over the weekend this fellow who owns the car company Telsa. think we need even MORE people....

We're happy for you, too. Many of us here have grown weary of Doom and Gloom and the Sky is Falling fairy tales.

P.S. Be sure to not let the door hit "on the way out".
Old 08-01-2022, 02:10 PM   #6
Elkchester Road

Quote:

You are one Miserable Fella.
Old 08-01-2022, 02:30 PM   #7
davew

It is great that those truly concerned will do the noble thing to help the future of the world human population by committing suicide.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-01-2022, 02:33 PM   #8
Greyfox

Spermageddon ?

Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-01-2022, 02:40 PM   #9
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
It is great that those truly concerned will do the noble thing to help the future of the world human population by committing suicide.

Unfortunately most live long lives and spread their misery around. Also none of them practice what they preach.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-01-2022, 03:35 PM   #10
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.Rosa View Post
The solution for over population has already been written about.

Logan's Run - George Clayton Johnson and William F. Nolan

"Published in 1967,
the novel depicts a dystopic ageist future society in which both population and the consumption of resources are maintained in equilibrium by requiring the death of everyone reaching the age of 21."
The movie was age 30.
Dave Schwartz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-01-2022, 04:06 PM   #11
Jeff P

Location: JCapper Platinum: Kind of like Deep Blue... but for horses.
Logan's Run True Story

When Logan's Run first hit theaters in 1976 I remember being young enough to think 30 was so far off in the future that it was literally going to be an eternity before I got there.

On my 30th birthday I was on a camping trip near Bear Canyon lake atop the Mogollon Rim in Arizona.

We hiked a trail that took us to the edge of the cliff face.

I vividly recall standing atop the Rim looking out over the drop off and at the forest floor more than 1,000 feet below thinking "Wow I'm thirty. That happened really fast didn't it?"

-jp

Last edited by Jeff P; 08-01-2022 at 04:10 PM.
Jeff P is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-02-2022, 06:48 AM   #12
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

It doesn't go as fast as, say, going from 40 to 60, or in my case, going from 60 towards 70.
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-02-2022, 08:59 AM   #13
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastajenk View Post
It doesn't go as fast as, say, going from 40 to 60, or in my case, going from 60 towards 70.
The older we get, the faster life speeds up. Or...so it seems.

The Good Book says that everyone's life is but a vapor.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: