Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 06-01-2022, 08:31 AM   #526
azeri98

Quote:
Originally Posted by OntheRail View Post
Well that is how those things are measured... just like Tom's deaths per 1000 miles.you thought was so good. Don't worry your gonna be safe in Canada... little hitler of the north will disarm everyone but his security and the criminals.
You can use whatever metric you want. My statement rings true and wasn't misinformation. You're right I do feel safe in Canada, just like most other civilized nations with tough gun laws. I don't have to worry about kids being shot in schools or getting shot going to a movie theatre or grocery shopping.
azeri98 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-01-2022, 08:41 AM   #527
azeri98

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
There is a process to amend the constitution. There have been calls to to do just that for decades now. There is no will to change things in the U.S. A constitutional convention being denied shows the will of the people. We are big on that down here……..

The wholesale control of government by a few in Canada is showing itself today with a reactionary move on the part of your communist PM. Too bad you don’t need a convention to save yourself from tyranny.

Btw, Those 3-500 thousand American Hunters that come to Canada every year to hunt will soon be staying home.

That’s a shit ton of money lost
The will of the people want the gun laws changed. The majority want change. Your government is also controlled by a few except it's the people with money and the lobbyists. That's why there isn't any "will" to change, because of corporate greed and that Republicans can't vote for change because then they will lose their seats. Yes we have a communist PM, not much I can do about it but try to vote him out. Your guy isn't far from our guy. What can you do about it but vote? He did make a reactionary move since we already have strong gun laws. We didn't need this. We don't have an epidemic of gun deaths like you do.
Old 06-01-2022, 08:48 AM   #528
azeri98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulerider View Post
You mean like this?

"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man gainst his own bosom. Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American...[T]he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."

---Tenche Coxe, Pennsylvania delegate to the Constitutional Convention, 1788
So he's talking about swords, not guns. If BLM took up arms as a militia because they feel black people are being treated unfairly by the law is that OK. What about antifa? What if the proud boys or any other group brought a militia to the capital on Jan 6 armed to the teeth and attacked the capital. Would that have been Ok?
Old 06-01-2022, 10:07 AM   #529
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeri98 View Post
So he's talking about swords, not guns. If BLM took up arms as a militia because they feel black people are being treated unfairly by the law is that OK. What about antifa? What if the proud boys or any other group brought a militia to the capital on Jan 6 armed to the teeth and attacked the capital. Would that have been Ok?
The way the media talks about 1/6 here in the states, you would have THOUGHT the proud boys or some other group DID bring a militia to the capital armed to the teeth...
Old 06-01-2022, 11:06 AM   #530
Inner Dirt

Quote:
You can use whatever metric you want. My statement rings true and wasn't misinformation. You're right I do feel safe in Canada, just like most other civilized nations with tough gun laws. I don't have to worry about kids being shot in schools or getting shot going to a movie theatre or grocery shopping.

Canada and the USA have basically the same land mass, yet you have the population of California. Densely populated cities are crime hubs, we have a lot more of those than you have. We share a 2,000 mile leaky border with a 3rd world country with 4-5x our homicide rate, over which drugs and future gang members flow. Of course liberals want to welcome 3rd world country low skilled people and criminals with open arms, there aren't many doctors, scientists and engineers climbing the wall and swimming the Rio Grande.
How many minority gang members who shoot people for being "disrespected"
and over gang turf, do you have? They commit most of the mass shootings,
not the white racist types in Buffalo, or the general nut case types in Uvalde, Texas, those are just the ones that get the press coverage.

We could easily diminish the gang population in this country by strict enforcement of gun laws, among over things, but the liberals will scream racism, as most your gun law violators are minority street gangs.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-01-2022, 11:15 AM   #531
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
The way the media talks about 1/6 here in the states, you would have THOUGHT the proud boys or some other group DID bring a militia to the capital armed to the teeth...

You ever notice how if there is a white supremacist rally, the headlines always blame them for any violence that happens even if they were the ones attacked by counter protesters. They are such a threat to democracy, how many people do they injure or kill in the name of white supremacy? I would imagine that number is very few.

Some liberal politicians are now blaming rising crime rates on Republicans against more gun laws. I thought it was the defund the police movement, general anti cop rhetoric, and releasing criminals quickly back into society doing it. I am shocked at the low or no bail given to criminals charged with attempted murder these days, utterly insane.
Old 06-01-2022, 11:25 AM   #532
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
You ever notice how if there is a white supremacist rally, the headlines always blame them for any violence that happens even if they were the ones attacked by counter protesters. They are such a threat to democracy, how many people do they injure or kill in the name of white supremacy? I would imagine that number is very few.

Some liberal politicians are now blaming rising crime rates on Republicans against more gun laws. I thought it was the defund the police movement, general anti cop rhetoric, and releasing criminals quickly back into society doing it. I am shocked at the low or no bail given to criminals charged with attempted murder these days, utterly insane.
Which all goes to prove the dimwit party isn't really concerned about gun control for protecting lives nearly as much as they are in the sheer confiscation of guns which would make it easier for them to control the people.

Even Biden recently dismissed the idea entirely of beefing up school security; yet lack of security in that Texas school is what really accounts for all those deaths.

P.S. Notice how we're not hearing anything more about this mysterious teacher who opened an exterior door and then left it open even after seeing the shooter on the grounds?
Old 06-01-2022, 11:51 AM   #533
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Which all goes to prove the dimwit party isn't really concerned about gun control for protecting lives nearly as much as they are in the sheer confiscation of guns which would make it easier for them to control the people.

Even Biden recently dismissed the idea entirely of beefing up school security; yet lack of security in that Texas school is what really accounts for all those deaths.

?P.S. Notice how we're not hearing anything more about this mysterious teacher who opened an exterior door and then left it open even after seeing the shooter on the grounds

That story has changed to she closed it.
Old 06-01-2022, 11:59 AM   #534
tamaharbor

So she DIDN’T go out for a smoke?
tamaharbor is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-01-2022, 12:09 PM   #535
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaharbor View Post
So she DIDN’T go out for a smoke?

I have a feeling it is going to take awhile to get all the details straight. I think there were more than a few cases of people trying to quickly cover their ass realizing they made mistakes that could have contributed to the carnage.
Old 06-01-2022, 01:24 PM   #536
boxcar

Quote:
Oh...I did realize that. My bad. But a new question pops into my head: Did the shooter walk through that particular door?
Old 06-01-2022, 03:37 PM   #537
Mulerider

Quote:
So he clearly said, "and every other terrible implement of the soldier," not just swords. And that meant guns.

I have no problem with BLM members, Antifa members, Proud Boy members, or any eligible citizen possessing firearms to the extent that the right is exercised in a peaceable, lawful manner. If not, then those individuals should forfeit the right and suffer any legal consequences.
Mulerider is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-01-2022, 05:12 PM   #538
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Then do we have the right to have gernades, rocket launchers, bayonettes on our rifles, shoulder missiles......land mines?

Hey, I'm lazy, land mines for deer hunting would be cool.
Armed drones? I would love a drone.

Last edited by Tom; 06-01-2022 at 05:16 PM.
Tom is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-01-2022, 06:01 PM   #539
jay68802

It is not that people can own guns. It is how the people use them.
jay68802 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-01-2022, 07:55 PM   #540
Mulerider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Then do we have the right to have gernades, rocket launchers, bayonettes on our rifles, shoulder missiles......land mines?

Hey, I'm lazy, land mines for deer hunting would be cool.
Armed drones? I would love a drone.
Hardly a novel argument, Tom, and all you have to do is look at previous SCOTUS rulings on it, most recently in D.C. v Heller, which established the "common use" test.
Mulerider is offline   Reply With Quote Reply