Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 05-31-2022, 12:24 PM   #511
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.Rosa View Post
Geico did that to me years ago. I went to an insurance broker and got rates even lower than the rates that Geico was charging me before the notice.
I used Geico many moons ago until I eventually discerned they weren't on the up and up. They talk a good game and they use slick advertising....that's about it.
Old 05-31-2022, 12:29 PM   #512
Stevecsd2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
How many of those gun deaths were suicides? I think those need to be removed in any gun control argument as people will just find another way to off themselves if a gun isn't handy.

Of that 45,222 54% were suicides, or about 24,420, leaving 20,800 homicides.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...hs-in-the-u-s/
Stevecsd2 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-31-2022, 12:33 PM   #513
OntheRail

Quote:
Same here, isn't it funny all those Hollywood types and politicians against private citizens owning guns have armed body guards, and or secret service agents around them and live behind tall fences and walls. What words go together better than liberal and hypocrite?
They are synonymous
Old 05-31-2022, 12:39 PM   #514
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeri98 View Post
It has nothing to do with being morally superior, It's common sense. You still didn't give me a reason as to why this continues to happen except for the fact that your people have become soft? As far as I know mass shooters are killed during the event or end up spending the rest of their lives in jail. Which madmen are you talking about that have "gotten" away with a mass shooting? When the constitution was written, women weren't allowed to vote and you could have slaves. Times change and consequences force amendments to the constitution. This is one of those times. I said to someone else if the government comes for you, You're screwed. I don't care what type or how many guns you have you're finished. Just ask the people from Waco or Ruby Ridge. You're right in Canada we don't have a recourse except our vote. I thought that's how Democracy works, maybe not in Texas.
There is a process to amend the constitution. There have been calls to to do just that for decades now. There is no will to change things in the U.S. A constitutional convention being denied shows the will of the people. We are big on that down here……..

The wholesale control of government by a few in Canada is showing itself today with a reactionary move on the part of your communist PM. Too bad you don’t need a convention to save yourself from tyranny.

Btw, Those 3-500 thousand American Hunters that come to Canada every year to hunt will soon be staying home.

That’s a shit ton of money lost
Old 05-31-2022, 12:51 PM   #515
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
There is a process to amend the constitution. There have been calls to to do just that for decades now. There is no will to change things in the U.S. A constitutional convention being denied shows the will of the people. We are big on that down here……..

The wholesale control of government by a few in Canada is showing itself today with a reactionary move on the part of your communist PM. Too bad you don’t need a convention to save yourself from tyranny.

Btw, Those 3-500 thousand American Hunters that come to Canada every year to hunt will soon be staying home.

That’s a shit ton of money lost

I had a friend whose dad lived in the state of Washington, he was from California, an out of state hunting tag was real pricey. I could image what an out of country one cost.

Did you hear Biden's latest claim about guns? He now wants "high caliber"
9mm bullets banned as they can shoot your lung out your back. I suppose that is an improvement as a few days earlier he claimed .223 was high caliber.
Isn't the 9mm pistol a law enforcement standard these days?

Amazing how one party allows their president to spew BS without calling him on it. Maybe Cliffy can tell us why that is so.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-31-2022, 02:17 PM   #516
Mulerider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Then by that definition, we no longer need the right to bear arms, as our military now provides all the weapons, people don't need thier own to serve.

Read Federalist Paper 29....

Read Heller, Tom.

The majority opinion explains clearly that the militia reference is merely the prefatory clause to the operative clause, which is that "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."
Mulerider is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-31-2022, 02:27 PM   #517
xtb

Quote:
Isn't the 9mm pistol a law enforcement standard these days?

Many are going to .45 these days. That will probably blow both lungs out of a body with one shot.
xtb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-31-2022, 03:04 PM   #518
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulerider View Post
Read Heller, Tom.

The majority opinion explains clearly that the militia reference is merely the prefatory clause to the operative clause, which is that "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."
Great point. And I might add for the Toms of the world that there are two kinds of nations in this world: Those that trust their people, and those that don't. The latter are always strongly inclined to impose restrictions upon the freedoms of their people, such as banning gun ownership. On the other hand, the former, and due to our own nation's FF's historical background, we clearly did not trust government in our early beginnings. And that view by the Founders is as valid today as it was hundreds of years ago; for human nature has not changed one scintilla.

It's that old Law of Distrust issue that keeps raising its ugly head. Where there is no trust among a people or among the many people's of the world, there can be no peace.
Old 05-31-2022, 03:18 PM   #519
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Read Heller, Tom.

I wiil go by what the guys who wrote it thought, not someone later on. Prefatory or not, it is clearly 1/2 of the ammendment.

Majority opinions are just that, opinions.
Is Roe v Wadw set in stone?

What is up fordebate is what does infringment mean?
As I tried to tell boxcar is that in spite of numerous laws and requirements, our right to drive cars has not been infringed.

If it means zero regulation, then there are no illegal guns.
Old 05-31-2022, 03:29 PM   #520
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtb View Post
Many are going to .45 these days. That will probably blow both lungs out of a body with one shot.

I am sure glad we have Biden and anti gun doctors telling us the damage so called assault weapons and high caliber bullets do to flesh. I think it was the Las Vegas shooter that had a doctor telling reporters the .223 AR-15 round liquefies multiple organs leaving most people shot with them impossible to save. The only flesh and blood I have ever shot is a rattlesnake, I have shot
various inanimate objects with a collection of guns. I know if someone is after you with a 30-30, do not take cover behind an empty water heater, a car door, or a truck bed. It goes straight through. With a 22LR your chances aren't too bad, the bullets either don't make it through or exits with nonlethal velocity.
Old 05-31-2022, 03:31 PM   #521
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Great point. And I might add for the Toms of the world that there are two kinds of nations in this world: Those that trust their people, and those that don't. The latter are always strongly inclined to impose restrictions upon the freedoms of their people, such as banning gun ownership. On the other hand, the former, and due to our own nation's FF's historical background, we clearly did not trust government in our early beginnings. And that view by the Founders is as valid today as it was hundreds of years ago; for human nature has not changed one scintilla.

It's that old Law of Distrust issue that keeps raising its ugly head. Where there is no trust among a people or among the many people's of the world, there can be no peace.
Stop your blathering bullshit. You have freaking idea what you are talking about - again. In my world.....dream on dude, you have no clue what I am talking about. In my world.....I don't trust nor believe the government, any government, but neither do I favor allowing any mentally unbalanced people have any guns they want. You have no idea what kind of laws I was talking about because like anf good liberal, you blindly respond to key words with no information.

Hint, I have been talking about how to guarrantee our right to own guns while preventing the wrong people from having them. We are done.

Oh, one thing about my world, ut's a hell of a lot older than 6,000 years.

Last edited by Tom; 05-31-2022 at 03:35 PM.
Tom is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-31-2022, 03:57 PM   #522
boxcar

Quote:
Stop your blathering bullshit. You have freaking idea what you are talking about - again. In my world.....dream on dude, you have no clue what I am talking about. In my world.....I don't trust nor believe the government, any government, but neither do I favor allowing any mentally unbalanced people have any guns they want. You have no idea what kind of laws I was talking about because like anf good liberal, you blindly respond to key words with no information.

Hint, I have been talking about how to guarrantee our right to own guns while preventing the wrong people from having them. We are done.

Oh, one thing about my world, ut's a hell of a lot older than 6,000 years.
My goodness, I've rattled the little monkey's cage. Or are you so ouchy because you're in need of flea control meds?

Here's a clue for you: There's no way we can restrict "mentally unbalanced" people via a set of universal, one-size fits-all rules without infringing on people's rights to gun ownership and even on their privacy rights. The only way we can take preventive measures before any gun crime is actually committed is how it was done twice here in Florida just very recently -- via actionable intelligence. In one case, a 10-year old was nabbed, and in another an 18-year old was apprehended and jailed. After all, being a "troubled person" (as one poster framed it) or being "mentally unbalanced" hasn't risen yet to the level of a crime.

Now...as far as your gazillion year old world goes, I know why you would erroneously think that way. The fix is simple: Quit looking in the mirror. You'll also start to feel younger.
Old 05-31-2022, 04:58 PM   #523
Mulerider

Quote:
I wiil go by what the guys who wrote it thought, not someone later on. Prefatory or not, it is clearly 1/2 of the ammendment.
You mean like this?

"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man gainst his own bosom. Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American...[T]he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."

---Tenche Coxe, Pennsylvania delegate to the Constitutional Convention, 1788
Mulerider is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-31-2022, 05:17 PM   #524
Inner Dirt

Mass shooting in South Carolina, no mention of names so that pretty much tells you the ethnicity of the crowd:

Ten people were injured and three law enforcement officials were hurt Monday night after gunfire erupted in downtown Charleston, South Carolina, according to police.
Charleston Mayor John Tecklenburg called the Memorial Day rampage a mass shooting, saying "we’re counting our blessings that no one in this incident was killed."
Shots were fired in the area of 41 South Street around 11:40 p.m. Monday, the site of a vacant lot where a large party was taking place with more than 100 people believed to be in attendance, Charleston Police Chief Luther T. Reynolds said in a news conference Tuesday afternoon.
Four of the 10 people injured were in critical condition in hospitals. It's not clear how many injuries were gunshot wounds.
A 17-year-old was among the injured, the rest were adults, Reynolds said.
Three law enforcement officers were also hurt in the shooting.
An officer with the Charleston Police Department responded to the scene following a noise complaint and was shot at while in a police cruiser, officials said. The officer was not hit but suffered injury from shrapnel, and was hospitalized and released, Reynolds said.
Police said the shooting scene spanned several blocks and gunfire hit several cars.
Two Charleston County Sheriff’s Office deputies were assaulted while trying to control the crowd, resulting in minor injuries, the sheriff's office said.
“One person swung at a deputy, striking the deputy in the face. The deputy was later treated for facial injuries. Another deputy was knocked to the ground by a member of the crowd. The deputy suffered cuts to the head and arm,” Andrew Knapp, a spokesperson for the Charleston County Sheriff’s Office, told NBC affiliate WCBD of Charleston.
Reynolds said there were more than 100 evidence markers at the shooting scene, and more than half are shell casings.
“There’s a lot of weapons that were fired. Handguns, long guns, 223 rounds. If anybody doesn’t know what a 223 round will do, it’ll blow your leg right off, it’ll blow your head right off your shoulders. Those are the types of rounds that were fired last night,” Reynolds said.

I thought it was disgusting enough when the president of the USA spread misinformation about guns, now a police chief is doing it? I hope his dumb ass is quickly fired for lying to the media.
Old 05-31-2022, 05:55 PM   #525
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
You mean like this?

"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man gainst his own bosom. Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American...[T]he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."

---Tenche Coxe, Pennsylvania delegate to the Constitutional Convention, 1788
He's my favorite founfing father.