Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 08-29-2020, 07:40 PM   #1
classhandicapper

Honor A.P.

Honor A.P. had his final major work

https://www.xbtv.com/video/workout/h...ust-29th-2020/
Old 08-31-2020, 06:50 AM   #2
clicknow

I don't get much out of workouts unless they are *really bad*.

This horse is such a looker, can he ever look bad, doing anything?

There's some things trainers do that I don't understand though. I woudn't mind chatting it out with others. For instance, the only race Tiz did bad in was at Churchill......so where does trainer have him working? At Saratoga.

I don't get these kinds of moves. We know he moves well over the surface at SAR. The Derby is at CDX.

And why is Biancone training over turf? Okay horse had a small injury, it's kinder. I understand interval training, and different surfaces, from knowing marathon runner humans.......train over sand, then on asphalt or light trails..........likie the Japan horses will do uphills on mulch-like stuff then dirt on the straight.. But turf, turf, turf and turf.......I don't get it, for a dirt race?

I just like to think about how I would train my horse and I like watching what everybody does, like Asmussen has the last workouts before a race timed IMPECCABLY, that is something he is so good at, always at exactly right amount of time before a big race. Guy knows how to schedule works, no doubt about it.

Last edited by clicknow; 08-31-2020 at 06:57 AM.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-31-2020, 10:16 AM   #3
classhandicapper

Quote:
There's some things trainers do that I don't understand though. I woudn't mind chatting it out with others. For instance, the only race Tiz did bad in was at Churchill......so where does trainer have him working? At Saratoga.
I'm going to guess he believes the horse's subpar race at CD had more to do with being trapped inside on a sloppy track than handling the surface at CD in general. I have mixed feelings about that race. He was in an uncomfortable spot, but when he finally got free and made his run he got outkicked by another horse. If I owned him, Id just be hoping it didn't rain.
Old 08-31-2020, 02:35 PM   #4
taxicab

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
I have mixed feelings about that race.
Very strong race.
A lot of wins down the road exited that race.
It's paid off nicely to play out of the KJC.
taxicab is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-01-2020, 03:37 PM   #5
dballard125

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
I'm going to guess he believes the horse's subpar race at CD had more to do with being trapped inside on a sloppy track than handling the surface at CD in general. I have mixed feelings about that race. He was in an uncomfortable spot, but when he finally got free and made his run he got outkicked by another horse. If I owned him, Id just be hoping it didn't rain.
Forecast is 82 and mostly sunny Saturday. Should be a beautiful day here in Louisville.
dballard125 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-02-2020, 06:17 PM   #6
deathandgravity

Question?
Does anyone know if Mike Smith have the option to ride both Honor A.P. & Authentic and opted for Honor A.P.?

Cheers
deathandgravity is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-02-2020, 08:34 PM   #7
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathandgravity View Post
Question?
Does anyone know if Mike Smith have the option to ride both Honor A.P. & Authentic and opted for Honor A.P.?

Cheers
he did, and stuck with Honor AP.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-03-2020, 12:57 PM   #8
dilanesp

I'm kind of surprised that there hasn't been more publicity surrounding one aspect of this.

Smith is 55. He has the chance to break one of horse racing's more iconic records: Shoemaker was 54 when he won the Derby on Ferdinand.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-03-2020, 01:29 PM   #9
f2tornado

I like Smith but still wondering what the heck he was thinking in the SB stakes. Almost looked like they were just testing the horse and didn't care about the finish. He's my #2 but I have reservations. Horse doesn't seem to have that extra gear; just keeps moving along. Potentially needs a cleaner trip than others but should get it from the outside.
f2tornado is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-03-2020, 06:42 PM   #10
taxicab

Quote:
Originally Posted by f2tornado View Post
I like Smith but still wondering what the heck he was thinking in the SB stakes. Almost looked like they were just testing the horse and didn't care about the finish. He's my #2 but I have reservations. Horse doesn't seem to have that extra gear; just keeps moving along. Potentially needs a cleaner trip than others but should get it from the outside.
Big strong horses give him trouble these days.
taxicab is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-03-2020, 10:22 PM   #11
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxicab View Post
Big strong horses give him trouble these days.
Is Honor AP one of those horses?
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-05-2020, 07:54 PM   #12
porchy44

Honor A.P. got squeezed at the start. Found himself in no mans land, outside and towards the back (last). He did run a credible 4th.
porchy44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-05-2020, 08:25 PM   #13
f2tornado

Quote:
Originally Posted by porchy44 View Post
Honor A.P. got squeezed at the start. Found himself in no mans land, outside and towards the back (last). He did run a credible 4th.
Every damn time I make a refundable win wager (if horse comes in second or third) the damn thing comes in fourth. It almost never fails. A better break and he's probably in the money.
f2tornado is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-06-2020, 09:51 AM   #14
pandy

Quote:
I thought Honor A. P. ran a very good race. Before the race, Mike Smith said that he was concerned about the start because Honor A. P. had gone sideways in his prior start and Smith said that if he did that again, he wouldn't be able to leave for position, which is what happened and he was next to last.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-06-2020, 10:21 AM   #15
Secondbest

Quote:
Very credible
Secondbest is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: