Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2010, 10:46 PM   #31
Hanover1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foolish Pleasure
It is no secret that the faster an object moves the greater the physical forces on the object.

Breed slower horses they will be more durable. Exactly, breeding horses to run two miles is the same as breeding slower horses-that animal is not hitting the same top speed as one bred for 1mile.

If the Euros breed for longevity why don't we see these older handicap horses in the big world stake races?

Do you think Discreet Cat was well handled?

and putting Shireffs in the same sentence as Saint Carl is blasphemy.
I don't know enough about Discreet Cats situation to give a fair opinion on that one, but the Euros certainly win the fair share on the plastics after the flight over, against several who started against them on home tracks......
Old 08-29-2010, 03:20 AM   #32
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanover1
Many of wich you possibly cannot understand.
Oh is this an ever-tiring line of bullshit...
Old 08-29-2010, 11:00 AM   #33
Foolish Pleasure
Veteran

Come on PA this is rocket surgery, brain science here.

Quote:
I don't know enough about Discreet Cats situation to give a fair opinion on that one, but the Euros certainly win the fair share on the plastics after the flight over, against several who started against them on home tracks......
Right like Ravens Pass the 3yo.

Did you miss this question?
If the Euros breed for longevity why don't we see these older handicap horses in the big world stake races?

During the Dubai Carnival why aren't the fields filled with Euro 8yos and up?
Afterall they are breeding for longevity and their patience is the nuts-
so where are the results to go along with these ideas?

Not in races I am watching that is for damn sure.

Meanwhile The Tin Man was winning G1's here recently at age 8,

have any 8yos winning any Euro G1's recently?

How did Sea of Stars fare in the Breeder's Cup? 3yo over hyped Euro that couldn't even last until the Breeders Cup.

and I will help with Discreet Cat-no other horse was more mismanaged in the last 40yrs.

Last edited by Foolish Pleasure; 08-29-2010 at 11:10 AM.
Old 08-29-2010, 12:28 PM   #34
tucker6

Quote:
A typical 3 am response from an objective moderator......stow it jerk.
Why do people insist that moderators and admins be objective?? What would ever cause you to believe they should be objective since the admin has likely used his own coin for the site he's posting at?? You come off as a jerk for saying that to the guy that built a site you post at. Talk about ungrateful. What's the name of your racing site, and are you completely objective on it?? Yeah, I didn't think so.
Old 08-29-2010, 01:49 PM   #35
Hanover1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6
Why do people insist that moderators and admins be objective?? What would ever cause you to believe they should be objective since the admin has likely used his own coin for the site he's posting at?? You come off as a jerk for saying that to the guy that built a site you post at. Talk about ungrateful. What's the name of your racing site, and are you completely objective on it?? Yeah, I didn't think so.
Check the meaning for the description of moderator before you chime in. A little less Groucho and a lot more Harpo would validate his job as "moderator". Like to see a moderator on a televised event force his opinion on everyone that does not rub him right, and tell them their comments are "bullshit". My suggestion to "stow it" was much kinder than his post, and a little more correct.
Old 08-29-2010, 02:01 PM   #36
tucker6

Quote:
Check the meaning for the description of moderator before you chime in. A little less Groucho and a lot more Harpo would validate his job as "moderator". Like to see a moderator on a televised event force his opinion on everyone that does not rub him right, and tell them their comments are "bullshit". My suggestion to "stow it" was much kinder than his post, and a little more correct.
I've owned sites with forums, and no one ever expected the moderators to be moderate. Quite the contrary. I also believe you've seriously misconstrued the definition of an internet forum moderator with that of a political debate moderator. They are quite different in function. A more apt comparison would be with a news program on Fox or CNN. The moderators there are hardly moderate.

Besides, Mike owns the site, and is not a moderator. He should receive some editorial leeway, even when he barrels into a thread and gets his panties in a bunch. I do see your point to a degree (groucho vs harpo), but it is his perogative to do so.
Old 08-29-2010, 02:17 PM   #37
Hanover1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6
I've owned sites with forums, and no one ever expected the moderators to be moderate. Quite the contrary. I also believe you've seriously misconstrued the definition of an internet forum moderator with that of a political debate moderator. They are quite different in function. A more apt comparison would be with a news program on Fox or CNN. The moderators there are hardly moderate.

Besides, Mike owns the site, and is not a moderator. He should receive some editorial leeway, even when he barrels into a thread and gets his panties in a bunch. I do see your point to a degree (groucho vs harpo), but it is his perogative to do so.
Ownership has inherit rights, I agree. I always held this site in high regard as a public forum to discuss various angles to the game, and I enjoy the back and forth. It loses alot of credibility when an admin arbitrarily decides to declare a horsemans opinion as "bullshit". Perhaps he was having a bad night? No excuse to inject oneself in that manner nonetheless.
Old 08-29-2010, 02:20 PM   #38
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Ownership has inherit rights, I agree. I always held this site in high regard as a public forum to discuss various angles to the game, and I enjoy the back and forth. It loses alot of credibility when an admin arbitrarily decides to declare a horsemans opinion as "bullshit". Perhaps he was having a bad night? No excuse to inject oneself in that manner nonetheless.
Unless you are going to come out and say who you are, this "horseman" title means very little here. Nobody has to reveal their identity of course, but surely you understand how easy it is for someone using nothing but an alias to claim to be anybody.
Old 08-29-2010, 02:23 PM   #39
BluegrassProf

Quote:
A typical 3 am response from an objective moderator......stow it jerk.
Objectivity demands and snappy quips aside, perhaps you missed the friggin' point.

This too may be off-base, but it seems to me he's talking about the "I know and you don't"/"I'm in the know and you're not" sort of internet forum hail mary play - one that a.) rarely works, b.) tends to make the poster look like he/she is trying way too hard, and c.) dramatically underestimates the experience of members of this forum - something to which I can strongly attest.

Didn't strike me as all that scathing...perhaps if you didn't let your argument devolve to the level of "I'm hot sh*t and you don't know nufin'!", everything'd be fine and dandy. Just a thought.

Last edited by BluegrassProf; 08-29-2010 at 02:24 PM.
Old 08-29-2010, 02:25 PM   #40
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Horseman lose a lot of credibility when they insist on insulting the gamblers that support them. Maybe you've been having a bad couple days?
Old 08-29-2010, 04:19 PM   #41
Hanover1

After careful review of the full content of this thread, we have arrived here. Way off topic and in attack mode. I have tried in the past to contribute in objective manners from my perspective, but the common theme of just another gambling internet forum with the same posters who live to bet horses daily is ever present. Horseman point of view is ridiculed and picked apart. Distrust and resentment abounds between both sides, and given that, this is my last post. Granted my days of glory are behind me, but my accomplishments speak for themself. There are a few on the forum that know who I am, and we all seem to get along well, and I wish them luck, and will see a few of you in Harrisburg soon, I am sure.
You guys can have it. Better forums to discuss horseracing without ridicule are out there.
Eat your bettin' money, but don't bet your eatin' money.
Attn PA: Keep up the good work
Old 08-29-2010, 04:20 PM   #42
Dahoss9698
Veteran

See ya!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: