Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 06-27-2016, 12:20 PM   #226
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by horses4courses
The people have spoken.
They are not happy, so pull the plug and go back
to Square 1 where you were over 40 years ago

Their trading conditions will be inferior.
At least for the short run, their economy will be down the toilet.
Not to mention how Scotland and Northern Ireland will be affected.

You make your bed, you get to lie in it.
How about the 800 years before that when the Magna Carta was signed? Great Britain did quite well for themselves before joining the EU. Yet they expect us to believe that because of Brexit one of the great countries of the world will now crumble. Britain is now expected to crumble because the Brits voted against all those despicable, arrogant, slovenly Belguim politicians who dictate how they live?

Britain does not manufacture automobiles. They import almost all their cars from Germany. I believe Britain is their No. 1 world customer for cars. Yet the elites and the globalists wants us to believe that there will now be zero trade between these two countries as of right now. Does anyone truly think Germany will refuse to trade and sell cars to Britain, their No. 1 buyer? I doubt it.

Just plain silly stuff coming from the media, the naive and the one-world apparatchiks.

You also mention the possibly of Scotland and Ireland leaving the UK now. OK, while Britain probably wants them to stay, how could they stop them from leaving? They can't of course. But when Scotland had their own referendum about leaving the UK, the Scots argument was to leave because they didn't want their own sovereignty dictated by London politicians. Yet they now want to leave the UK and join the EU?

When it comes to Ireland, hfc, I will defer to you. But aren't the Irish citizens also angry about globalization, unfettered immigration, and the loss of jobs that are replaced by lesser skilled and lesser paid 'Polish plumbers'?

Just plain silly stuff coming from the media, the naive and the one-world apparatchiks.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-27-2016, 02:06 PM   #227
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by horses4courses
The people have spoken.
They are not happy, so pull the plug and go back
to Square 1 where you were over 40 years ago.

Their trading conditions will be inferior.
At least for the short run, their economy will be down the toilet.
Not to mention how Scotland and Northern Ireland will be affected.

You make your bed, you get to lie in it.
I must admit, watching the liberal butt hurt over this is entertaining as hell. Between people like you who can only see one side of issues, and NPR, you guys are showing a lot of childishness. The people have voted. Let them live their lives. They DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU, they'll be just fine. ...Trust me on that one.
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-27-2016, 02:10 PM   #228
johnhannibalsmith

Come on now, we must spread democracy.

Just don't let the morons use it because they are too dumb to know what's good for them.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-27-2016, 02:23 PM   #229
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
How soon before BREXIT is deemed a racist event? Or has it already been, and if so, how massive the din?
NPR has certainly painted it that way as best they can. "The older, white, less educated" tag has been the mantra there since friday morning.

Two interesting interviews I heard. An older white guy said in a factual tone 'We are not a multi lingual nation, it just doesn't work for us. Being told by another group of nations that we have to take X number of immigrants, feed them, house them, etc, isn't what everyone here signs up for'.

another interview, a younger Brit in his 20s, was disappointed in the vote. Yet when the NPR interviewer tried to take it down a generational divide, the young guy said "Don't really think this is a generational matter, myself. Remember, the older generation you're mentioning was largely in favor of the idea of joining the EU. It just didn't work out in their opinion"
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-27-2016, 02:24 PM   #230
letswastemoney

What's most disturbing are all the posts and articles shaming old people, as if their vote counts less than anyone.

Why not just take their away their right to vote then? Make voting legal for only people 24 and younger. Maybe that will make them happy.
letswastemoney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-27-2016, 02:33 PM   #231
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by letswastemoney
What's most disturbing are all the posts and articles shaming old people, as if their vote counts less than anyone.

Why not just take their away their right to vote then? Make voting legal for only people 24 and younger. Maybe that will make them happy.
You know, you hit on an important point. Since when is age and wisdom a negative? Well, I found out last Thursday that if you are of a certain older age, your time on this Earth is less than for a 20 something, so deference should be given to the younger crowd on issues like this. Now when I was raised, deference was usually given to those with the greater experience and insight. Silly me.

I bet Germany circa early 1930's sounded a lot like this. History repeats and repeats.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-27-2016, 02:37 PM   #232
Valuist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6
You know, you hit on an important point. Since when is age and wisdom a negative? Well, I found out last Thursday that if you are of a certain older age, your time on this Earth is less than for a 20 something, so deference should be given to the younger crowd on issues like this. Now when I was raised, deference was usually given to those with the greater experience and insight. Silly me.

I bet Germany circa early 1930's sounded a lot like this. History repeats and repeats.
If there's anything we've seen, and we've seen this here, younger voters tend to be uninformed voters. Once again, this was the case.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-27-2016, 02:41 PM   #233
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valuist
If there's anything we've seen, and we've seen this here, younger voters tend to be uninformed voters. Once again, this was the case.
uninformed or brainwashed? Teachers and professors tend to be liberal and the "education" starts there at a very young age. Not sure it can be stopped. Maybe slowed.
Old 06-27-2016, 02:54 PM   #234
Rookies
Canadian since 51

Why did all the old, angry, white, Brit garden putterers come out for Brexit?

Yes, Minister... has the answer!

https://youtu.be/37iHSwA1SwE
Rookies is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-27-2016, 03:03 PM   #235
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookies
you sound more shrill by the post. Wonder why?

PS: No need to call Brits white. They mostly are. Quite redundant and speak volumes about where you mentally come from and your need to invoke race at every chance.

Last edited by tucker6; 06-27-2016 at 03:04 PM.
Old 06-27-2016, 03:15 PM   #236
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Let's see Finagler Fawn. Who should we choose to cast the tie breaking vote, on whether I was correct about the intended audience of Trump's imbecilic remarks or you were?

I'm going with the Scots- who have simply unloaded their finest prose:
What in the world made you think it was appropriate to post something like that?

And to think, I was going to chastise him for his "Kookies" comment, but you know, I'm starting to think it fits and it's hilarious.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-27-2016, 03:16 PM   #237
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:

Yes, Minister... has the answer!

https://youtu.be/37iHSwA1SwE
What a racist you are.
And a dimwitted one at that.
Old 06-27-2016, 03:18 PM   #238
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
uninformed or brainwashed? Teachers and professors tend to be liberal and the "education" starts there at a very young age. Not sure it can be stopped. Maybe slowed.
Education?
You mean indoctrination?
Or brainwashing?
Old 06-27-2016, 03:19 PM   #239
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
you sound more shrill by the post. Wonder why?

PS: No need to call Brits white. They mostly are. Quite redundant and speak volumes about where you mentally come from and your need to invoke race at every chance.
I always thought Canadians were the whitest of all.
Snow 360 days a year and all.
Old 06-27-2016, 03:19 PM   #240
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Scotland voted Remain, you weapons-grade plum."
Apparently, not enough of them.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: