Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 06-25-2016, 10:28 AM   #106
Rookies
Canadian since 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan
Kookies, I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain this further to you.
Let's see Finagler Fawn. Who should we choose to cast the tie breaking vote, on whether I was correct about the intended audience of Trump's imbecilic remarks or you were?

I'm going with the Scots- who have simply unloaded their finest prose:

EDITED TO REMOVE EXTREMELY FOUL LANGUAGE THAT WOULD HAVE NEVER BEEN ALLOWED ON NYPD BLUE

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 06-27-2016 at 03:16 PM.
Rookies is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-25-2016, 10:33 AM   #107
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Classy people.
I now see why you're attracted to them.
I always thought it was the kilts.
Old 06-25-2016, 10:36 AM   #108
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Classy people.
I now see why you're attracted to them.
I always thought it was the kilts.
The Scots are great people. Not to be confused with Canadians like Kookies.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-25-2016, 10:40 AM   #109
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Stinks
I'm reading this thread and the only point that sticks out as valid as to why Leave won is that immigrants who grab benefits while making no effort to assimilate makes most UK residents nauseous. Congrats to Clocker for that.

The rest is from Mars.
There were a load of good reasons to leave (immigration among them).

I'm a libertarian. As such, I'm for states rights. I want as little power inside the federal government as possible. I want decisions that could impact my safety, job, savings, quality of life etc... to be made at the state level. That way, if someone comes to power in my state that I disagree with strongly on important things, I can always leave and go somewhere that suits me better or that I think is being managed better. I am willing to live with the fact that some states might not share all my values. I actually find that attractive as long as people can leave when things get bad. Unlike leftists and globalists, I don't want to ram my values down other peoples' throats because we are not all alike and sometimes I my be wrong. IMO, that's a better arrangement than living under a bunch of dimwitted bureaucrats in Washington doing dumb ass things from which there is no escape.

If I was European I would feel exactly the same way.

If I was a Brit, I wouldn't want a bunch of Germans having influence over my life or vice versa.

If I lived in the north, I wouldn't want to bear the cost for a bunch of dumb ass Greeks, Italians (I am Italian descent), Spaniards, or Portuguese that refuse to live within their means.

I wouldn't want jobs in my country moving to the cheaper labor countries because it's not so easy to move to another place where the language and culture is different.

I would want an independent well managed currency instead being under the thumb of the ECB.

Sure, the level of immigration, whether it is having an impact on incomes and jobs, whether there are safety concerns, how it's impacting quality of life, etc... matter too. And I'm sure it had a significant impact on voting.

But saying this is all about xenophobia or immigration (which is what the globalist left is saying) is utter nonsense. That's the same left wing bullshit that happens in the US every time anyone disagrees with them. They scream "hate", "xenophobia", "homophobia" etc... to attack the character of those that disagree with them. Sometimes, it's none of those things. We just think the left is wrong or stupid.

As far as war potential goes, all these countries will continue to do business with Great Britain. They'll just negotiate deals that will benefit Brits instead of Germans or someone else.

The faster the European union and Euro fall apart, IMO, the better for people that love freedom.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 06-25-2016 at 10:54 AM.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-25-2016, 10:45 AM   #110
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookies
Let's see Finagler Fawn. Who should we choose to cast the tie breaking vote, on whether I was correct about the intended audience of Trump's imbecilic remarks or you were?
Trump was in Scotland, which is a part of the UK, and made comments about what people in the UK decided to do. So you interpret that the way you like, and beat the dead horse until it no longer even looks like horse meat.

Trump has made a lot of serious gaffs over the past month, but this is the one you find most deserving of your obsession? You are really reaching for the bottom of the barrel. I suppose if Trump was in Quebec and said something about being here in Canada, you would throw a fit about that too. Surely that would be a hate crime up there.
Old 06-25-2016, 10:51 AM   #111
johnhannibalsmith

You have the larcenous lying witch defecating a new example of being the worst sort of what Rookies seems to hate about Trump on a daily basis. But for whatever reason, he never seems to find time to ridicule her while it's 24/7 Drumpf in any thread where the door is slightly ajar. I truly have a hard time comprehending, when I read his posts on Trump, how it is that the lovely Ms. Clinton never finds her way into his radar. Oh must be because Trump says crazy scary things while she merely lives them and blows utter bullshit balloons from her lips.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-25-2016, 11:04 AM   #112
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhannibalsmith
You have the larcenous lying witch defecating a new example of being the worst sort of what Rookies seems to hate about Trump on a daily basis. But for whatever reason, he never seems to find time to ridicule her while it's 24/7 Drumpf in any thread where the door is slightly ajar. I truly have a hard time comprehending, when I read his posts on Trump, how it is that the lovely Ms. Clinton never finds her way into his radar.
It's called professional courtesy. Same as the reason sharks don't bite lawyers.
Old 06-25-2016, 11:16 AM   #113
Overlay

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/...Y7D?li=BBnb7Kz

A petition in Britain for a re-vote has already collected 1.2 million signatures.
Overlay is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-25-2016, 11:24 AM   #114
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlay

A petition in Britain for a re-vote has already collected 1.2 million signatures.
Sore losers.

They lost so now they say the rules weren't fair. Where have we heard that before?
Old 06-25-2016, 11:29 AM   #115
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlay

The sort of thing that can lead to civil wars. Respect the decision, good or bad. If you don't like it, leave. Haven't we heard the left here say that millions of times over the last 8 years. If you don't like who we voted in, leave.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-25-2016, 11:31 AM   #116
johnhannibalsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker
It's called professional courtesy. Same as the reason sharks don't bite lawyers.
Hell, I just figure she's as easy a target as he is and would give him a whole new means to re-write the same speech yet again without looking totally transfixed by the guy. I can certainly understand disliking Trump for his reasons, but she's such a great target herself for most of the same lines that we read over and over that you'd think that she'd be a godsend for him.

One other complaint: Buffoon, imbecile, moron, idiot... the guy is a lot of things but he may have just run the most brilliant campaigns in recent history or history in general. He has turned his name into an institution that spans almost any product an Asian (thanks again Bigmack) can possibly craft. The guy is a whole lot of things, and some clearly negative ones especially as a candidate, but dumb? Yeah, that's just not the way to lead every post trying to build credibility. Even those of us that are not going to vote for him have a hard time buying the "what an idiot!" yelps.

Sorry for contributing to the thread being way off the topic but since the Trump thread apparently got too large and was a threat to the Religious thread, it seems to have moved here.

Old 06-25-2016, 11:43 AM   #117
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhannibalsmith

was a threat to the Religious thread
A threat in size or content?

For a lot of people, politics is religious dogma.
Old 06-25-2016, 11:45 AM   #118
ebcorde
Veteran

This is what happens when you listen to Right wingers

65% of voters under 35 wanted to stay. Well, Good thing thing there's a British Commonwealth. Australia, New Zealand and Canada will gladly take in the young educated Brits wishing to leave. Instead of paying for those old English people's pensions.

Scotland ,N. Ireland might leave too. make one wonder AGAIN why we're in Iraq. Scotland - England cant get along, yet we're going to spend trillions to force Sunnis and Shia to get along, no?
ebcorde is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-25-2016, 12:15 PM   #119
horses4courses

What now?

Interesting Irish perspective in the aftermath of Brexit.

http://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/fi...D5956000003331

Quote:
Did you ever see a slightly drunk man trying that trick with the tablecloth? He thinks he can whip the cloth off the table with a fast, clean snap, but leave all the crockery perfectly intact. He gives a sharp tug and stands back with a triumphant flourish as the plates and glasses come flying to the ground and shatter all around him. That’s what Brexit is like. Those who have driven it have successfully pulled the cloth off the table – the underlying fabric of modern Britain has been whipped away with a shocking suddenness.
Quote:
Prime minister-in-waiting Boris Johnson is merely the winner of a Winston Churchill impersonation contest. He has a streak of Churchill’s brilliant opportunism and reckless charm, but he does not have behind him the national consensus that an existential struggle created behind Churchill and he is, in everything but girth, a lightweight.
Quote:
It is not even clear that the Brexit coalition can itself hold together in any meaningful way. It is, after all, a weird conjunction. Brexit is not so much a peasants’ revolt as a deeply strange peasants’ – and – landlords’ revolt. It is a Downton Abbey fantasy of toffs and servants all mucking in together. But when the toffs, as the slogan goes, “take back control”, the underlings will quickly discover that a fantasy is exactly what it is. The disaffected working- class voter in Sunderland, rightly angry about being economically marginalised and politically disenfranchised, will wait in vain for the magical billions that are supposedly going to be repatriated from Brussels to drop from the clear blue skies of a free England.
horses4courses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-25-2016, 12:18 PM   #120
johnhannibalsmith

Hope and Change