Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 02-20-2012, 09:28 PM   #136
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost
I don't see that black Americans are socially conservative except in a few areas.
I would say they are religiously conservative. Premarital sex, abortion and gay marriage are all religious not social questions.
Is racial discrimination a social issue or a religious one? Think carefully before you answer?

Boxcar
Old 02-20-2012, 09:29 PM   #137
johnhannibalsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost

Black Americans recognize that discrimination in hiring and advancement once hired did not improve through some magic improvement in attitude. It improved because government stepped in and made it improve.

Housing for black Americans did not become available in all white suburbs because realtors and landlords suddenly got a conscience. It happened because the government passed laws requiring it.

It is Republican governors and legislatures that are passing voter ID laws which negatively impact minority voters to a much greater degree than white voters. You won't find many black voters agreeing with that.

So I understand here based upon your presentation - contraception, gay marriage, etc. are not socially conservative platforms, but discrimination against blacks is?

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-20-2012, 10:34 PM   #138
bigmack

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhannibalsmith
So I understand here based upon your presentation - contraception, gay marriage, etc. are not socially conservative platforms, but discrimination against blacks is?
This is one of those subjects mosty & hcap prefer to remain naive. "Purposeful fumbling," I cawl it.

You see, where hcap could be looking up the definition of a social conservative just as easily as he finds graphs, (Mainly from MotherJones) he chooses to roll in a whole nuther direction from where PA made his inquiry.

So to, you have mostpostly, would could easily have 15 articles quoting what socially conservative means, but he chooses to 'bushwhack' through the woods, making up his own definition of social conservativism.

Nice little technique of theirs even though they don't know it. Act dumb and drop all resource skills when you have no points of debate.

You'd think someone over at Huff or DemoUnderground would start a thread to give these two their talking points.
bigmack is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-20-2012, 10:51 PM   #139
hcap

My intention on starting this thread was to point that........

1-Obama has a good chance to being re-elected

2- The foolishness of the repugs allowing their party to gravitate TOO far right

Even if we agree young blacks are socially conservative, it is inconsequential, and not the main issue(s) that will decide the black vote.

Obviously
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-20-2012, 10:55 PM   #140
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmack
Nice little technique of theirs even though they don't know it. Act dumb and drop all resource skills when you have no points of debate.

You'd think someone over at Huff or DemoUnderground would start a thread to give these two their talking points.
I'm afraid this is how I see it too. They can't admit their blatant hypocrisy and disrespect of one of their core groups of supporters for their own party...

Do they really not know what social conservatism means? Are they disputing the points raised in the University of Chicago poll? A poll that SPECIFICALLY used the phrase "social conservatism" and SPECIFICALLY chose those subjects to highlight (premarital sex, homosexuality and abortion).

They have no argument. They are hypocrites when they criticize the socially conservative nature of someone like Rick Santorum or Rush Limbaugh. If they weren't hypocrites, they would be criticizing the vast numbers of African-Americans who hold these principles as well.

In fact, they should be calling this core group of Obama supporters and Democratic party supporters dumbasses with low IQs...just like they tagged GOP conservatives...

If they had any balls, that's what they'd do...but they don't dare...
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-20-2012, 10:55 PM   #141
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
It is Republican governors and legislatures that are passing voter ID laws which negatively impact minority voters to a much greater degree than white voters. You won't find many black voters agreeing with that.
What a crock.
How does voter ID negatively affect some people and not others?
You need ID to register in the first place, In your own state, you need TWO forms of ID.

You need ID to buy beer - anyone have a problem providing that?

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...5BbXLQ&cad=rja
Old 02-20-2012, 10:56 PM   #142
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap
My intention on starting this thread was to point that........

1-Obama has a good chance to being re-elected

2- The foolishness of the repugs allowing their party to gravitate TOO far right

Even if we agree young blacks are socially conservative, it is inconsequential, and not the main issue(s) that will decide the black vote.

Obviously
Now you're crying thread drift?
Old 02-20-2012, 11:13 PM   #143
bigmack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
What a crock.
How does voter ID negatively affect some people and not others?
You need ID to register in the first place, In your own state, you need TWO forms of ID.
He'll be mighty hard pressed to bring evidence of this "voter ID laws which negatively impact minority voters to a much greater degree than white voters."

He's already been shown (about 5 times now) that in those states, they'll pick-up anyone that can't afford it and drive them down to a state office to get the appropriate ID, again, FREE O' CHARGE. Probably buy 'em lunch too.

He thinks we're as dumb as Ed Schultz to believe his ridiculous talking point. What the heck am I saying? He GOT it from Dumb Ed!
bigmack is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-20-2012, 11:15 PM   #144
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
He's already been shown (about 5 times now) that in those states, they'll pick-up anyone that can't afford it and drive them down to a state office to get the appropriate ID, again, FREE O' CHARGE. Probably buy 'em lunch too.
Lunch?
Didn't ljb get the vote with cigarettes?
Old 02-20-2012, 11:22 PM   #145
johnhannibalsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Lunch?
Didn't ljb get the vote with cigarettes?
Hell, at $9.25 a pack, either Obama or Romney could get my vote.

Old 02-20-2012, 11:30 PM   #146
boxcar

Quote:
Hell, at $9.25 a pack, either Obama or Romney could get my vote.
What a cheap sellout!

Boxcar
Old 02-20-2012, 11:32 PM   #147
johnhannibalsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
What a cheap sellout!

Boxcar
At least I'll get something worthwhile out of that vote.

Old 02-20-2012, 11:45 PM   #148
mostpost

Quote:
Obviously you understand nothing. Pace Advantage presented the theory that black Americans are social conservatives based on their opinions on three matters-gay rights, premarital sex and abortion. I say there are a lot more criterion to determine social conservatism than those three items and the attitudes of black Americans towards all those factors is what determines how liberal, moderate or conservative they are.

Some results from the full survey:
76% of black youth disagree that the government should fund only abstinence only sex education. Not a conservative position.

93% of black youth believe that sex education should be mandatory in High school. Not a conservative position.

76% of black youth believe that condoms should be available in High School.
Show me many conservatives who think that.
47% of black youth think abortion is always wrong, but 58% believe the government should not make abortion illegal.
61% of black youth feel it is hard for blacks to get ahead because they face so much discrimination. Conservatives keep telling me that discrimination is over in this country.
Old 02-20-2012, 11:49 PM   #149
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
Now you're crying thread drift?
I see NO point remotely relevant other than your assumption that we are hypocrites.

I am not a social conservative. I doubt that you are either(I could be wrong). But other than a certain public display ad nauseum of prudishness which is at times contrary to republican social conservatives private lives. I really don't care if one is or one is not socially conservative. What is particularly irksome is most social conservatives attempt to regulate others private lives. Please spare us that hypocrisy
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-21-2012, 12:00 AM   #150
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap
I see NO point remotely relevant other than your assumption that we are hypocrites.
Well, you are. You go around criticizing social conservatives (and you SPECIFICALLY GO OUT OF YOUR WAY TO CRITICIZE THEIR SOCIAL CONSERVATISM) like Rick Santorum and Rush Limbaugh, claiming the GOP has to move away from these types and more to the center. You applaud studies that claim social conservatives have LOW IQs.

Yet, you welcome African-Americans into your party with open arms, even though they, AS A GROUP, ARE SOCIALLY CONSERVATIVE. There are countless studies and articles written about blacks being socially conservative as a whole. 70% of black voters backed Prop 8 in California that banned gay marriage. This is but one example of their staunch social conservatism as a whole.

Thus, you are hypocrites for not openly criticizing this group, as you do Republicans.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 02-21-2012 at 12:01 AM.