Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2017, 02:18 PM   #4081
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Ammunition for what?
Get out your M-W and look up "metaphor."
Old 10-10-2017, 02:41 PM   #4082
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Are you still working on how, when and where Jesus failed the two tests for true prophet of God?
You said I only got half of it. I'm still waiting for you to say what the other half is?

And you never answered my question about whether war or self-defense is a violation of the "thou shalt not kill" commandment. Did I sin by not declaring myself a conscientious objector? Did I sin by voluntarily joining the Army?

I mentioned before on this forum that I've been mugged. Suppose I had been armed. If I had fought back and killed one of my attackers would that have been a sin? Or, like the Amish, am I supposed to let them kill me.

I await your answer about the other half.
Old 10-10-2017, 02:43 PM   #4083
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
In your case, it's no fallacy. You're the real deal Equivocator.
Once again you have taken this discussion down to the level of a quarrel. Is that what you want?
Old 10-10-2017, 07:12 PM   #4084
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
Once again you have taken this discussion down to the level of a quarrel. Is that what you want?
Then behave yourself and quit equivocating. This isn't the first time I have called you out on your tactics. Try being honest. You may like the change.
Old 10-10-2017, 07:15 PM   #4085
boxcar

Quote:
Get out your M-W and look up "metaphor."
Why would the metaphorical sense alter my need when dealing with dead people?
Old 10-10-2017, 07:21 PM   #4086
boxcar

Quote:
You said I only got half of it. I'm still waiting for you to say what the other half is?
What part of my 4064 didn't you get?

Quote:
And you never answered my question about whether war or self-defense is a violation of the "thou shalt not kill" commandment. Did I sin by not declaring myself a conscientious objector? Did I sin by voluntarily joining the Army?

I mentioned before on this forum that I've been mugged. Suppose I had been armed. If I had fought back and killed one of my attackers would that have been a sin? Or, like the Amish, am I supposed to let them kill me.
I haven't see any questions about war or self-defense, nor am I interested in going down one of your rabbit trails. You have a really tough time staying focused on just one topic at a time, and you want to start another one?

Quote:
I await your answer about the other half.
Again, what part of my 4064 was beyond your grasp?
Old 10-10-2017, 08:43 PM   #4087
thaskalos

I remember a few years ago...when Dave Schwartz started a fund-raiser here so we could raise some money for Patrick the Truckdriver, when he encountered some emergency medical issues. In a similar vein...I think the time has now come for us to raise a little MORE money...so we could get a private hotel room for Boxcar and Actor. Only THEN will they be able to bring a satisfactory end to this fascinating debate that they've pursued here. Of course, the rest of us won't be privy to the conclusion that they'll reach...but that's a small price for us to pay...IMO.

Last edited by thaskalos; 10-10-2017 at 08:44 PM.
Old 10-10-2017, 10:11 PM   #4088
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
You have a really tough time staying focused on just one topic at a time, and you want to start another one?
If you want to stay one one topic then I'll oblige. Name your poison.
Old 10-10-2017, 11:36 PM   #4089
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Why would the metaphorical sense alter my need when dealing with dead people?
To me Thas's use of the word "ammunition" seemed to be a metaphor. I could be wrong. Make of it what you will.
Old 10-10-2017, 11:45 PM   #4090
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
I haven't see any questions about war or self-defense, ...
Quote:
Apart from capital punishment lawfully administered through the judicial process, taking any person's life for any reason is not man's prerogative. Man's duty is to obey the 6th commandment.
Quote:
War? Self defense?
Old 10-10-2017, 11:54 PM   #4091
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
I remember a few years ago...when Dave Schwartz started a fund-raiser here so we could raise some money for Patrick the Truckdriver, when he encountered some emergency medical issues. In a similar vein...I think the time has now come for us to raise a little MORE money...so we could get a private hotel room for Boxcar and Actor. Only THEN will they be able to bring a satisfactory end to this fascinating debate that they've pursued here. Of course, the rest of us won't be privy to the conclusion that they'll reach...but that's a small price for us to pay...IMO.
Watch the part from 1:25 to 2:20 ...

Old 10-11-2017, 01:27 AM   #4092
CincyHorseplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
God and soul are both realities that IMO are disconnected at least by literature. I guess these two are the synthesis. As disgusting as that may be!
Old 10-11-2017, 01:33 AM   #4093
dnlgfnk

Quote:
Watch the part from 1:25 to 2:20 ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_rT...TwpPyClD0U0Cy1
And yet, read Twain regarding Joan of Arc.
Old 10-11-2017, 01:41 AM   #4094
dnlgfnk

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyHorseplayer View Post
God and soul are both realities that IMO are disconnected at least by literature. I guess these two are the synthesis. As disgusting as that may be!
Spiritual determinism meets material determinism, both drawing from 16th century ideas that got separated from the whole.
Old 10-11-2017, 02:26 AM   #4095
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnlgfnk View Post
And yet, read Twain regarding Joan of Arc.
I have read Twain's Personal Recollections of Joan of Arc. Have you found something earth shaking in that?