Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 10-31-2003, 08:43 PM   #1
sq764
EIG

Quantifying bad trips..

I like numbers and fractions and have this crazy idea that everything can be translated into numbers..

While some of that is true, I was curious if anyone, with any degree of accuracy, has been able to adjust speed figs and/or race times for troubled trips.

I understand that this is not an exact science, and depending on whether you saw the race or not, the pp's could be a bit off.. I was just curious if anyone had any process in place that worked well..
sq764 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-31-2003, 09:16 PM   #2
Whirlaway

The "sheets" guys add ground loss on the turns to their numbers, but how are you going to quantify something like Ten Most Wanted getting knocked off stride in the Classic and never getting his rythm back? Or Storming Home clipping heels with Sulimani in the Turf, effectively ending the race for both. Numbers won't cut it.
Whirlaway is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-01-2003, 11:43 PM   #3
creatureman

Funny cide in the classic

yea and what about funny cide he veered badly. that pretty much finished him .
Old 11-02-2003, 01:55 PM   #4
Valuist

A guy I know takes it one step further than T-Graph or the Sheets. He also adds track bias and pace into the mix. He'll define the bias by path. For instance, a slight outside day may be a 3 path track and horses who race along the rail or 5 wide get 2 lengths added. Then he adds (or subtracts) for pace, whether or not a horse was helped or hindered by it. He had a program to do all the calculations. I tried quanitfying the bias by adding it to regular numbers by hand and it was very laborious. As long as you know a horse was helped or hindered by a bias or pace, is there really a need to quantify it?
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-02-2003, 08:51 PM   #5
creatureman

I dont think there is a need to that far either. I use the kiss method Kiss. keep it simple stupid..