Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 07-29-2005, 10:45 PM   #1
how cliche
How Cliche

Del Mar Contest July 30

Past Performances...
http://www.delmarracing.com/frame.ph...ris/050730.pdf
how cliche is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-30-2005, 11:13 AM   #2
chrisg

I'm playing Thatswhatimean. She's been competitive in stakes competition & the mile looks like her best distance right now.

I know most folks don't subscribe to the theory of using a GI as a prep, but I think that may be the case here...they worked her 2 days before that race & 7 days after...today she cuts back 2 furlongs & has the ability to be close.

Good luck
chrisg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-30-2005, 11:28 AM   #3
Tor Ekman

I like Isla Cozzene/1-1A entry with a win/place wager.
Tor Ekman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-30-2005, 11:34 AM   #4
how cliche
How Cliche

My pick is Salsa Brava(Ire).

Although I'm not a big fan of J. Sahadi, this filly has some upside. She's a 3 times G2 placed filly over in England as a 2YO, twice carrying 123 lbs, once facing 17 foes. She totes 117 lbs today. She was favored in her last where she ran 4th facing males. Her timeform ratings make her competitive in this field. A lot of times these young gals grow up between their 2yo and 3yo seasons. Her work tab shows signs that she has. The July 6, 7f drill in 1:24 & 1 is a pretty good indication of that. She got aquinted with her surroundings working the course last Sunday too. Of course with Sahahdi, a runner never looks perfect. There's 9 day gaps between workouts for her last two coming in. Still I think with a natural progression & some improvement from her 2yo season to this, her 3yo debut, she should give us a good run for the money.

Salsa Brava to win.
Old 07-30-2005, 12:54 PM   #5
chrisg

Quote:
Originally Posted by how cliche
My pick is Salsa Brava(Ire).

Although I'm not a big fan of J. Sahadi, this filly has some upside. She's a 3 times G2 placed filly over in England as a 2YO, twice carrying 123 lbs, once facing 17 foes. She totes 117 lbs today. She was favored in her last where she ran 4th facing males. Her timeform ratings make her competitive in this field. A lot of times these young gals grow up between their 2yo and 3yo seasons. Her work tab shows signs that she has. The July 6, 7f drill in 1:24 & 1 is a pretty good indication of that. She got aquinted with her surroundings working the course last Sunday too. Of course with Sahahdi, a runner never looks perfect. There's 9 day gaps between workouts for her last two coming in. Still I think with a natural progression & some improvement from her 2yo season to this, her 3yo debut, she should give us a good run for the money.

Salsa Brava to win.
Hey good luck, HC. I like your choice. That 7-6-04 race jumped out @ me. I decided to wait-and-see how her debut goes here; that could cost me
Old 07-30-2005, 02:01 PM   #6
creatureman

i also like salsa bravo with his overseas performances and his sires can get the distance
Old 07-30-2005, 09:09 PM   #7
how cliche
How Cliche

RESULTS

10-Shining Energy----------$19.00 $9.40 $7.80
7-Memorette----------------------$4.00 $5.40
8-Royal Copenhagen (Fr)-----------$5.20 $5.40
Old 07-30-2005, 09:09 PM   #8
chrisg

My choice lost. She may not have won anyway, but I would have liked to have seen her have the chance to put in a run; she had nowhere to go until it was too late.