Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 1.80 average.
Old 03-05-2017, 11:26 PM   #256
incoming

President Trump has everyone playing his game.....c'mon in to my lair.
Old 03-05-2017, 11:36 PM   #257
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
You guys sound just like you did during the campaign...."no chance THAT is going to happen...." And we all know how that turned out...
Oh come on. Give me a complicated piece of legislation that was passed in half a month? You misinterpreted the skepticism. It wasn't that the Republicans aren't going to introduce their version of the ACA - that is a foregone conclusion. It was two things. First, they are not going to repeal and then start working on a new health care bill. Second, we know that because a number of the popular provisions of the ACA are going to continue into the future. For goodness sake, the leaks on the secret draft have suggested they aren't even going to repeal the mandate. So whether or not you think it sounds like October, I would still say we aren't going to see a repeal in two weeks and we aren't going to see something for presidential signature for a few months, unless they don't hold hearings - good strategic move, that.

You disagree?
Old 03-06-2017, 10:10 AM   #258
fast4522

Reconciliation
Congressional Budget Act of 1974, and it essentially expedites Senate consideration of bills pertaining to the budget—sidestepping the legendary power of the Senate filibuster and constraining debate to 20 hours.

This is how it was passed without a single vote from the right. The exact same way it will be repealed.
Old 03-06-2017, 10:12 AM   #259
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing View Post
Oh come on. Give me a complicated piece of legislation that was passed in half a month? You misinterpreted the skepticism. It wasn't that the Republicans aren't going to introduce their version of the ACA - that is a foregone conclusion. It was two things. First, they are not going to repeal and then start working on a new health care bill. Second, we know that because a number of the popular provisions of the ACA are going to continue into the future. For goodness sake, the leaks on the secret draft have suggested they aren't even going to repeal the mandate. So whether or not you think it sounds like October, I would still say we aren't going to see a repeal in two weeks and we aren't going to see something for presidential signature for a few months, unless they don't hold hearings - good strategic move, that.

You disagree?
Depends on how many weeks "just weeks away" actually is...
Old 03-06-2017, 10:30 AM   #260
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Depends on how many weeks "just weeks away" actually is...
Logically less than 8 since that would move us into the "months" category.
Old 03-06-2017, 11:22 AM   #261
jk3521
Registered Loser

Candidate Trump faking being Presidential..

President Trump acting Presidential...

I'd say that he's got it down pat, teleprompters and all.

Last edited by jk3521; 03-06-2017 at 11:28 AM.
Old 03-06-2017, 06:41 PM   #262
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing View Post
Logically less than 8 since that would move us into the "months" category.
Initial got released today, but who knows when it can get through Congress since the dimwits are trying to slow everything to a crawl.
Old 03-06-2017, 07:21 PM   #263
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by barn32 View Post
What dream world do you live in?
Here is exactly where you and many of your ilk fail big time.

Donald J. Trump is a centrist who loves the United States of America, you guys do not. And is exactly why that you do not have the votes in the Congress to do anything.
Old 03-06-2017, 09:27 PM   #264
fast4522

My my, when you speak the truth about our President being a centrist and that he loves our country it is either the truth or it is not.
And when I say that a voting block has zero power in the Congress it is either truth or it is not. No one is ever going to trade you his hand for yours, that is the point of contention. That is why the Congress is moving forward with the Trump agenda, to not would mean in our time we would be like Venezuela and all of its problems.

The one thing that is 100% real and true is we here on this BBS have zero effect on the outcome and what comes to be, get a grip and grow up.

Last edited by fast4522; 03-06-2017 at 09:30 PM.
Old 03-06-2017, 10:05 PM   #265
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
My my, when you speak the truth about our President being a centrist and that he loves our country it is either the truth or it is not.
And when I say that a voting block has zero power in the Congress it is either truth or it is not. No one is ever going to trade you his hand for yours, that is the point of contention. That is why the Congress is moving forward with the Trump agenda, to not would mean in our time we would be like Venezuela and all of its problems.

The one thing that is 100% real and true is we here on this BBS have zero effect on the outcome and what comes to be, get a grip and grow up.
Venezuela?
Anybody who compares the United States to a third world country has never spent one minute in a third world country.(Resorts and cruise ship terminals don't count)
Exaggerating problems is the best way to never solving them.Because when people perceive that scare tactics are being used, they simply tune out the prophets of doom.

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)
Old 03-06-2017, 10:57 PM   #266
NJ Stinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post

That's not what you said in post 263. If it was, Barn32 wouldn't have pulled a Donny Boy.
Old 03-06-2017, 11:43 PM   #267
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Stinks View Post
That's not what you said in post 263. If it was, Barn32 wouldn't have pulled a Donny Boy.

Do tell, the you and your elk part Mr Smarty Pants?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenHunter_001.jpg (54.4 KB, 6 views)
Old 03-25-2017, 03:16 PM   #268
FantasticDan
gelding

Old 03-25-2017, 03:39 PM   #269
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Gee, the little puke must have taken his meds during the filming.
Nice he can use his illness for personal gain when it serves his pathetic liberal agenda.
Old 03-25-2017, 04:25 PM   #270
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Gee, the little puke must have taken his meds during the filming. Nice he can use his illness for personal gain when it serves his pathetic liberal agenda.
Yikes, that's quite the combo of spiteful incoherence
Closed Thread