Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 4.20 average.
Old 08-14-2015, 06:10 PM   #691
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPickle
Price doesn't matter. The horse was 27-1 and out of gas. If he had gas he keeps the hole closed. He's 27-1 to because he can't keep up with these horse.

Love how you complain when the stewards get it totally right. Franco had no horse. He was race riding Lezcano. Lezcano rode him back.

You saw good race riding. Franco tired to pin him and Lezcano muscled him. You saw good stewarding. They saw what I wrote.
I agree that the right call with real stewards was no change, but this is Saratoga the home of the phantom DQ and the posterior clown stewards, so I was just shocked there was no change as there's usually a change, warranted or not.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-14-2015, 06:13 PM   #692
SuperPickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
I agree that the right call with real stewards was no change, but this is Saratoga the home of the phantom DQ and the posterior clown stewards, so I was just shocked there was no change as there's usually a change, warranted or not.
Here's the other part of it Vic has brought up. Contact always look worse on the turn than a straight way because horses are off balance.

What you saw was nothing. They didn't even light the inquiry light.
SuperPickle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-14-2015, 06:49 PM   #693
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Here's the other part of it Vic has brought up. Contact always look worse on the turn than a straight way because horses are off balance.

What you saw was nothing. They didn't even light the inquiry light.
Them not lighting the light isnt exactly a ringing endorsement of correctness.

There was no room and the guy made some, it is what it is.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-14-2015, 10:55 PM   #694
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

I know, I know, I know....

What am I doing betting Emerald will be the question...

I bet $200 to win on the 1 in race 3. He wires at 12/1. I walk away humbly celebrating, come back to a jockey's objection.

I saw the quote unquote incident live but said to myself they'll never take a horse down for that.

5 minutes after the race, jockey's objection. No inquiry.

Watch my pin head come off, talk to the stewards. 2 minutes jumps back on horse with ecstatic high 5's, takes his picture, celebrates with the whole crowd (of 10 people lol).

2 minutes later, he comes down.

I don't know what's more infuriating. Being taken down for such a ticky tack foul OR the series of watching the pinhead get back on the horse, take a picture, hug the world as if the race is official and then be taken down 2 minutes later for a bullcrap DQ.

Before you ask, it's Longacres Weekend and I wanted to see how the track is playing. Found a horse I had on my horse to watch list (if he's loose) and he was today. I bet $200 and they snatch $2600 from my hands. I thought it was worth breaking the boycott, boy did they teach me.......
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-14-2015, 11:48 PM   #695
SuperPickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME
I know, I know, I know....

What am I doing betting Emerald will be the question...

I bet $200 to win on the 1 in race 3. He wires at 12/1. I walk away humbly celebrating, come back to a jockey's objection.

I saw the quote unquote incident live but said to myself they'll never take a horse down for that.

5 minutes after the race, jockey's objection. No inquiry.

Watch my pin head come off, talk to the stewards. 2 minutes jumps back on horse with ecstatic high 5's, takes his picture, celebrates with the whole crowd (of 10 people lol).

2 minutes later, he comes down.

I don't know what's more infuriating. Being taken down for such a ticky tack foul OR the series of watching the pinhead get back on the horse, take a picture, hug the world as if the race is official and then be taken down 2 minutes later for a bullcrap DQ.

Before you ask, it's Longacres Weekend and I wanted to see how the track is playing. Found a horse I had on my horse to watch list (if he's loose) and he was today. I bet $200 and they snatch $2600 from my hands. I thought it was worth breaking the boycott, boy did they teach me.......

Yeah I don't know how I feel about that one. It's relatively light contact into the stretch. The other side of the coin is the margin is a neck and the fouled horse ran a closing second.

I would have left it but I get the DQ.

I doubt they flip it if the fouled horse isn't a closing second by a neck.

The 50/50 calls are the toughest. In Louisiana this stays. At Saratoga or Del Mar it's a DQ.
SuperPickle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-14-2015, 11:51 PM   #696
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Yeah I don't know how I feel about that one. It's relatively light contact into the stretch. The other side of the coin is the margin is a neck and the fouled horse ran a closing second.

I would have left it but I get the DQ.

I doubt they flip it if the fouled horse isn't a closing second by a neck.

The 50/50 calls are the toughest. In Louisiana this stays. At Saratoga or Del Mar it's a DQ.
This only hurts as 2 weeks ago I wrote to the Washington State Racing Commission about a blatant foul (6 strides of a horse knocking out 2 horses) and they left him up. In that same race, the 1/2 chalk was "ridden" to lose. Disgusting race.

This was one of my few plays there since and to be DQ'd like that......it's as if they knew where the $200 win bet on the price horse came from and said HERE.....
Old 08-15-2015, 12:33 AM   #697
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

And OF COURSE, my pick 5 ticket of 1/1356/1478/8/3589 came in....

$7,000 PLUS for .50

DQ'd out of that as well....

Last edited by EMD4ME; 08-15-2015 at 12:40 AM.
Old 08-15-2015, 05:28 PM   #698
thespaah

Ruh roh.....
SAR 8th......8/15...
Paco Lopez on the is claiming foul on the second place runner . The Stewards are also taking a look....
The does come out and impede the causing the rider to take up and lose a placing...However, the was going by and the had no chance of finishing ahead of the
Hold all tickies
thespaah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-15-2015, 05:32 PM   #699
thespaah

Well well well. They pulled down the and placed it 5th.....BTW the was the betting favorite.....
thespaah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-15-2015, 11:38 PM   #700
Rookies
Canadian since 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespaah
Well well well. They pulled down the and placed it 5th.....BTW the was the betting favorite.....
That's ok. I really didn't need that $3Ex of Kieran on top @8-1.
Rookies is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-19-2015, 02:16 PM   #701
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Rudy claiming foul in race 3 today...How ironic and smart. His horse was not impeded BUT the winner drifted wide at the 1/16, similar to why he was taken down himself opening week.

If they don't take the winner down, helps with their appeal and descrimination accusation.

If they take him down, they get a stakes share.

They didn't take her down.....More ammo for him.
Old 08-19-2015, 02:17 PM   #702
Kash$
Veteran

Quote:
Rudy claiming foul in race 3 today...How ironic and smart. His horse was not impeded BUT the winner drifted wide at the 1/16, similar to why he was taken down himself opening week.

If they don't take the winner down, helps with their appeal and descrimination accusation.

Amazing...official
Kash$ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-19-2015, 02:40 PM   #703
moneyandland

Quote:

HUGE difference between the two races.

Opening week, Rudy's horse ducks out 5 paths and corrects back 7 paths while possibly impeding the 3rd place finishers chances of 2nd...

Todays Race Rudys horse is lugging in at the moment he comes to the winner who happens to drift 1/2 a path and then proceeds to draw away by 3 lengths... 1.) Rudy's horse was shifting in as much as the winner was moving out. 2.) Clearly had no effect on the race outcome
moneyandland is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-19-2015, 02:51 PM   #704
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneyandland
HUGE difference between the two races.

Opening week, Rudy's horse ducks out 5 paths and corrects back 7 paths while possibly impeding the 3rd place finishers chances of 2nd...

Todays Race Rudys horse is lugging in at the moment he comes to the winner who happens to drift 1/2 a path and then proceeds to draw away by 3 lengths... 1.) Rudy's horse was shifting in as much as the winner was moving out. 2.) Clearly had no effect on the race outcome

I'm not saying they're the same situation, don't get me wrong. Just saying Rudy was smart to make that a trainer's objection for a somewhat similar case.

That's all. Like the move by Rudy. Wonder if his atty advised that.
Old 08-24-2015, 03:33 PM   #705
NY BRED
GARY

WANTED:WARTIME STEWARD JUDGE

POSITION LOCATION: SARATOGA

(ONE OF THE) CASE(S) IN POINT : TODAY'S THRD RACE AT THE SPA.

ANYONE CARE TO DEBATE iRAD DID NOT APPEAR TO JAB JOEL
JOEL ROSARIO WITH HIS ELBOWAND CAUSE# 6 TO CHECK?

THAT SAID, EXPLAIN HOW THE #5 GETS DQ'D?

NY BRED is offline   Reply With Quote Reply