Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 05-05-2011, 10:54 AM   #46
toussaud

about the time Mo got the GI infection, Repole started pulling stuff out his own butt. Before then, even after he lost the wood, I respected him.

I mean I never was mo's biggest fan, but the horse was a brilliant 2YO, gave the trainer a breeders cup win, his first, his first grade 1 win, is going to go to stud when it's all said and done and make him even more money and make him mo babies that are fast and good, and you repay the horse by running through this dog and pony show? makes me sick to my stomach, seriously. I wish someone with a pen and some cred had the balls to call them out on this crap

Last edited by toussaud; 05-05-2011 at 10:56 AM.
toussaud is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-05-2011, 11:17 AM   #47
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits
Rasta, I hold no hard feelings towards him, my thought is this should be resolved. And not at the last minute. They know, well, the condition their horse is in. He's surrounded 24/7 and has been for many weeks.
Isn't it entirely possible that whatever the problem is might be something that could resolve itself sometime between the draw and the race? If so, then they are acting entirely appropriately IMO.
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-05-2011, 11:24 AM   #48
tubesockshakur

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
Isn't it entirely possible that whatever the problem is might be something that could resolve itself sometime between the draw and the race? If so, then they are acting entirely appropriately IMO.
winner,winner.....sheen dinner.
tubesockshakur is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-05-2011, 11:28 AM   #49
toussaud

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
still don't think that's a chance you take with a horse.. of that caliber. any horse in reality.
Old 05-05-2011, 11:38 AM   #50
Relwob Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by toussaud
still don't think that's a chance you take with a horse.. of that caliber. any horse in reality.

We are all arm chair quarterbacking here but I tend to agree with you....if what they are saying is the truth and if it really is this much of a "game time decision", then you sort of have to wonder......With this much uncertainty this close to the race, why they would run the horse in a race that doesnt seem to fit his target distance and is often a race that yields extremely tough trips for horses?
Relwob Owner is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-05-2011, 12:04 PM   #51
hogan6

This owner just digs the spotlight. The horse is not 100%. The draw sealed his fate. Get him right. He's a toss whether he runs or not.
hogan6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-05-2011, 12:25 PM   #52
sonnyp

im no fan of bluebloods. remember the phipps', the mellons, the vanderbuilts, the galbraiths ?

if it was these "types" and their trainers, do you think this chirade and one like "i want revenge" would take place ?

i posted an article on d.wayne lukas by gary west yesterday. lukas comments a lot of the romance of the derby has been lost to "corporate types" (brought to you by yummi brand).

this is a different class of people in horse racing and sometimes it ain't pretty.
sonnyp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-05-2011, 12:25 PM   #53
senortout

give the guy more credit than this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruddah
It won't be me in for a let down, it will be Repole. If he bets early and he gets odds of i.e. 2-1 and then he creates doubt for other bettors and the odds go up to i.e. 5-2, he has accomplished what he's trying to do. Either way, the horse needs to win. Also, stating he intends to make his horse the favorite scares off some bettors that might of bet him otherwise. He's simply driving up the odds on his bet. Why do you think he says he might wait until Saturday to make the decision?

A bit mouthy on his part. But, we all like better odds when we put our money on the line. Just saying, he has the ability (financially) to lower the odds on his animal and he has the ability to create enough doubt in others who might otherwise might bet him to win.

As for me, I am seriously considering Master of the Hounds. Beautiful breeding. Otherwise, I find this a tough Derby to bet. Good Luck with your choice(s).
Do some of you really think this is all so he can cash a healthier ticket on his animal?....with a purse of such magnitude hanging in the balance, and all the financial perks that a Derby win will produce...c'mon get real.
senortout is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-05-2011, 12:37 PM   #54
depalma113

Uncle Mo is done. Since he's losing appetite and lacks energy, I'll assume he'll be scratched by tonight.
depalma113 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-05-2011, 01:09 PM   #55
toussaud

if he runs and runs up the track, bad,couldn't you make a strong case that this is the same thing he (pletcher) did in the breeders cup?
Old 05-05-2011, 01:12 PM   #56
Grits

One other observation, yesterday, watching the post draw, the camera was up close on Repole and Pletcher when Mo's post was called. Both gentlemen looked totally unaffected and indifferent, no comment by Pletcher--just one quip by Repole to him. No more conversation between them. Body language said, "NEXT". That was about it.

Completely different look when Stay Thirsty's post was drawn. All smiles, giggling like two school boys, exchanging plenty of quiet conversation.

What a game, what a race.
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-05-2011, 01:51 PM   #57
canleakid

By early Friday morning before early betting opens at 9:30 a.m we should know if Mo will show up for the Derby
Old 05-05-2011, 02:08 PM   #58
elysiantraveller

What a joke...

Repole comments on scratch
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-05-2011, 03:09 PM   #59
andymays
Veteran

Repole: 'Committee' to Decide on Mo's Status | BloodHorse.com

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-raci...-on-mos-status
andymays is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-05-2011, 03:10 PM   #60
Radar

Mo aint sho

It is obvious that the horse has lost a lot since 2. Many two year olds fail to progress any further and others mature. I hope Mo runs so that I get a better price on what I favour.....selfish but realistic.
Radar is offline   Reply With Quote Reply