Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 06-18-2018, 02:57 PM   #226
highnote

Can anybody cite the law that says children must be separated from their parents at the U.S. border?
highnote is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-18-2018, 02:57 PM   #227
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by highnote View Post
I didn't say it was ok to commit crimes to give your child a better life. I said there are worse crimes than entering a country illegally to give your child a better life.

If a person is a meth addict and endangers the life of their child then for the safety of the child the parent and child may have to be separated.

I agree with Laura Bush that separating kids from their mothers in the case of immigration is cruel and immoral. She said it is eerily reminiscent of Japanese internment camps during WWII. To me it is eerily reminiscent of the tragic scene in "Sophie's Choice".
Of course there are degrees of crimes, but entering a country illegally is not a victim less crime and it does harm to a country. For an example someone trying to give their child a better life enters the country illegally and brings with him an infectious disease, which other people contract and then die. This scenario is a reality and it is only one of the negative possible consequences.

That is why countries have laws and it is no inconsequential crime to illegally enter a country to give your child a better life.
Show Me the Wire is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-18-2018, 03:00 PM   #228
biggestal99

Quote:
Easier said than done.

You're saying everyone who came to America from 1620 onward looking for a better life should have stayed in Europe and changed their own country instead of coming to the land of opportunity?
The true america first people were the natives who were slaughtered by the europeans with deadly diseases and massacres, Between 2.1 million and 18 Million were in the United states pre european (experts differ....no one really knows) but by 1890 there were only 250,000 left.

Pretty startling and stark.

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-18-2018, 03:08 PM   #229
highnote

Who would be so cold-hearted as to separate this two year old child from her mother? Who would grab that child and carry her away as her mother is lead away in another direction? Could you do that?

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bj-Us3Fn...ource=ig_embed

I agree with Barbara Bush it is cruel and immoral. Just because there is a law doesn't mean the law is moral. There have been many bad laws written. How many people spent time in jail for marijuana possession or even possession of alcohol during Prohibition. Those were not good laws. I have not seen any law that says a child must be separated from the parent at the border.

Last edited by highnote; 06-18-2018 at 03:13 PM.
Old 06-18-2018, 03:13 PM   #230
mrhorseplayer

Quote:
Who would be so cold-hearted as to separate this two year old child from her mother? Who would grab that child and carry her away as her mother is lead away in another direction? Could you do that?

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bj-Us3Fn...ource=ig_embed

I agree with Barbara Bush it is cruel and immoral. Just because there is a law doesn't mean the law is moral. There have been many bad laws written. How many people spent time in jail for marijuana possession or even possession of alcohol during Prohibition. Those were not good laws. I have not seen any law that says a child must be separated from the parent at the border.

there is a law that says do not enter this country illegally. I dont see how the mother could be so cold as to put her child in jepordy knowing the consiquences.

again those who possessed mj or alcohol during prohibiton broke the law and knew the consiquences before doing so.

good or bad law is a matter of opinion
mrhorseplayer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-18-2018, 03:34 PM   #231
upthecreek

HRC-Your child doesn't get to stay

upthecreek is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-18-2018, 03:40 PM   #232
highnote

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestal99 View Post
The true america first people were the natives who were slaughtered by the europeans with deadly diseases and massacres, Between 2.1 million and 18 Million were in the United states pre european (experts differ....no one really knows) but by 1890 there were only 250,000 left.

Pretty startling and stark.

Allan
The South Americans and Mexicans coming to the United States are probably have more "American" blood in them than most people living in the U.S. today.

These so called "illegal immigrants" had ancestors that came here many years ago from Asian countries -- long before any European set foot on the eastern shore of the country.

The U.S./Mexican border wasn't even made official until a treaty was signed in1970. It is now the most crossed border in the world according to Wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexico..._States_border

By treaty, parts of the border change as necessary!

Thomas Jefferson negotiated the purchase of much of the western lands from France. Native Americans surely had some strong disagreements about France or the U.S. claiming ownership to this land.

The U.S. expanded militarily under the guise of Manifest Destiny. The only reason this border exists is because the U.S. government was willing to use the military for a land grab and wipe out any native populations that got in the way.

Basically, what it comes down to is this is a mess that isn't going away. A border wall is not going to stop the flow of immigrants. It may slow them down, but when people are desperate they will continue to take desperate measures. If things get bad enough there will be a war. The winner will get to write the new rules.
Old 06-18-2018, 03:42 PM   #233
highnote

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhorseplayer View Post
there is a law that says do not enter this country illegally. I dont see how the mother could be so cold as to put her child in jepordy knowing the consiquences.

again those who possessed mj or alcohol during prohibiton broke the law and knew the consiquences before doing so.

good or bad law is a matter of opinion
And you are someone who could carry that child away from her mother?
Old 06-18-2018, 04:03 PM   #234
wisconsin

Quote:
Cops do all of the time when arrests are made all across this country, and I'll bet a hundred others.

Why should this be any different?
Old 06-18-2018, 04:19 PM   #235
upthecreek

Liberal Amnesia

upthecreek is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-18-2018, 04:43 PM   #236
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by upthecreek View Post
Trump and Hillary always had their immigration talking points down to a science to make them sound reasonable and respectful of U.S. law.
Old 06-18-2018, 05:47 PM   #237
highnote

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisconsin View Post
Cops do all of the time when arrests are made all across this country, and I'll bet a hundred others.

It is different. These parents are trying to get their child out of danger.
Old 06-18-2018, 05:55 PM   #238
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisconsin View Post

Ding!
Old 06-18-2018, 05:55 PM   #239
jocko699
Resurrectionist

Quote:
It is different. These parents are trying to get their child out of danger.

Danger or a better life for their kids?

Did they think of the potential issues of their surroundings when they procreated?
Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.
jocko699 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-18-2018, 06:03 PM   #240
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Easier said than done.

You're saying everyone who came to America from 1620 onward looking for a better life should have stayed in Europe and changed their own country instead of coming to the land of opportunity?
If you cannot see the difference between the 1600 U.S. and the United States today, you’re a fool. You’re being intellectually dishonest to defend your point.

Quote:
Believe it or not I’ve had to do that. Cops do it every day. In fact they get specialized training in how to do it.

Welcome to the real world......

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: