Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2018, 10:17 AM   #7081
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
How are doing on your read of The Origin of Species?
Life is too short to spend on reading trash.

Quote:
Prove it.
Prove what? And why should I cite scripture passages since you say the bible proves nothing?
Old 07-15-2018, 10:53 AM   #7082
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
I ask the question...even though I know full-well what the reply will be. I must be a glutton for punishment.
Not as much as boxcar's "true believers" who accept boxcar's Noah and the Ark.

If you believe in the biblical account of Noah and the Ark, you can not logically believe in an all knowing, all-doing, and all loving God

1-God could have done a do-over without destroying 99.999999% of the human race by simply waving a "celestial hand" and saying "let there be a much simpler do-over"

2-God should have known he screwed up when he created Adam and Eve to avoid a bunch of do-overs in the first place. Noah,and then sending Jesus as the second do-over

3-How could God love mankind, his so-called "children" knowing he would put them through the barbaric do-over of the Flood?

"O what tangled webs we weave, when we literally biblically believe"

Last edited by hcap; 07-15-2018 at 11:07 AM.
Old 07-15-2018, 12:52 PM   #7083
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
Not as much as boxcar's "true believers" who accept boxcar's Noah and the Ark.

If you believe in the biblical account of Noah and the Ark, you can not logically believe in an all knowing, all-doing, and all loving God

1-God could have done a do-over without destroying 99.999999% of the human race by simply waving a "celestial hand" and saying "let there be a much simpler do-over"

2-God should have known he screwed up when he created Adam and Eve to avoid a bunch of do-overs in the first place. Noah,and then sending Jesus as the second do-over

3-How could God love mankind, his so-called "children" knowing he would put them through the barbaric do-over of the Flood?

Let's start in reverse -- #3. The "children" of God is not all mankind. Not a biblical concept. Purely wishful thinking.

#2: God did not screw up. He gave man free will. Adam and Eve screwed up by making the wrong choice. In order for God to love anyone, he must do that freely. Ditto for man made his image. In order for any human being to reciprocate that love, it must be done freely. Love is not love unless it is freely given and freely received.

#1: God did a do-over, just not the way you personally like it. God's destruction of all human life, save for eight people was perfectly just since evil had permeated all the earth's population. All men's thoughts and intentions were evil continually and the earth was filled with violence. God kept his word to Adam. The penalty for sin is death, so the Flood was the means of inflicting the penalty.

Meanwhile...go hug your 'puter. Maybe it'll hug you back.
Old 07-15-2018, 03:42 PM   #7084
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Let's start in reverse -- #3. The "children" of God is not all mankind. Not a biblical concept. Purely wishful thinking.

#2: God did not screw up. He gave man free will. Adam and Eve screwed up by making the wrong choice. In order for God to love anyone, he must do that freely. Ditto for man made his image. In order for any human being to reciprocate that love, it must be done freely. Love is not love unless it is freely given and freely received.

#1: God did a do-over, just not the way you personally like it. God's destruction of all human life, save for eight people was perfectly just since evil had permeated all the earth's population. All men's thoughts and intentions were evil continually and the earth was filled with violence. God kept his word to Adam. The penalty for sin is death, so the Flood was the means of inflicting the penalty.

Meanwhile...go hug your 'puter. Maybe it'll hug you back.
Yes...God did the do-over, and killed off all the sinners...sparing only Noah's family. Doesn't this mean that we are all descendants of Noah...and not a part of those sinners on whom God vented out his wrath? Why do you keep telling us that we are still paying for the sins of Adam and Eve...when the truth is that we are all related to Noah's family, whom God has already forgiven and spared from that cataclysmic catastrophe?
Old 07-15-2018, 04:51 PM   #7085
boxcar

Quote:
Yes...God did the do-over, and killed off all the sinners...sparing only Noah's family. Doesn't this mean that we are all descendants of Noah...and not a part of those sinners on whom God vented out his wrath? Why do you keep telling us that we are still paying for the sins of Adam and Eve...when the truth is that we are all related to Noah's family, whom God has already forgiven and spared from that cataclysmic catastrophe?
Adam was the first man created. As such he was the federal head of the human race.

Also, Noah still inherited Adam's sinful nature, as all of us do. Read what happened after the Flood.
Old 07-15-2018, 04:58 PM   #7086
hcap

Quote:
I was going to point that out as well. But maybe god held me back avoiding both of us embarrassing boxcar way too much. Or maybe the beer I had with lunch held back my hand?

The convoluted rationalizations the literal minded are forced into to make any sense literally of scripture, are very difficult to follow logically. Explaining to them the fragile house of cards they tend to build and get lost in, is a futile exercise in deprogramming.

I guess boxcar likes all the "do-overs" in the bible. It gives him the opportunity to engage in telling us "but wait, you are forgetting....blah, blah, blah", an ad infinitum number of times. And convinces him god must be merciful to give his children so many chances

Old 07-15-2018, 06:42 PM   #7087
Greyfox

Quote:
Yes...God did the do-over, and killed off all the sinners...sparing only Noah's family. Doesn't this mean that we are all descendants of Noah...
See the second sgn down.
https://twitter.com/i/moments/101852...y&refsrc=email

Last edited by Greyfox; 07-15-2018 at 06:43 PM.
Old 07-15-2018, 06:50 PM   #7088
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
I was going to point that out as well. But maybe god held me back avoiding both of us embarrassing boxcar way too much. Or maybe the beer I had with lunch held back my hand?

The convoluted rationalizations the literal minded are forced into to make any sense literally of scripture, are very difficult to follow logically. Explaining to them the fragile house of cards they tend to build and get lost in, is a futile exercise in deprogramming.

I guess boxcar likes all the "do-overs" in the bible. It gives him the opportunity to engage in telling us "but wait, you are forgetting....blah, blah, blah", an ad infinitum number of times. And convinces him god must be merciful to give his children so many chances

No tangled webs or "convoluted rationalizations". There really is a reason why the bible calls Jesus the Last Adam -- and not the Last Noah. You could start with the analogy in Rom 5:12ff. I know how you love really good analogies.

On the other hand, can Jesus literally be the last Adam? I personally, have known or do know currently a few Adams -- and they were all born well after Christ.
Old 07-15-2018, 07:51 PM   #7089
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
Adam was the first man created. As such he was the federal head of the human race.

Also, Noah still inherited Adam's sinful nature, as all of us do. Read what happened after the Flood.
You mean God wasn't a very good judge of character? That what came out of the flood was no better than what needed to be killed by the flood? Sounds very flawed to me.

In the beginning, He couldn't create two unflawed humans, and when HIS mistake was clear, he kills everything and leaves eight other flawed humans. He couldn't have worked for me very long. I only hired people who create the unflawed.
Old 07-15-2018, 10:34 PM   #7090
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing View Post
You mean God wasn't a very good judge of character? That what came out of the flood was no better than what needed to be killed by the flood? Sounds very flawed to me.

In the beginning, He couldn't create two unflawed humans, and when HIS mistake was clear, he kills everything and leaves eight other flawed humans. He couldn't have worked for me very long. I only hired people who create the unflawed.
Yeah...God doesn't seem to be too strong in the prognostication department. First...he created Adam and Eve in his own image, and promised them the world...only to be betrayed by their disobedience. Then...he destroyed the entire world, sparing only Noah's family...but the entire cataclysmic catastrophe went for naught...because Noah's family could do no better than to populate the world with the same sort of "sinners" as there were here before. And...to top it all off...God sent his only son to "rescue the lost sheep of Israel"...only to watch the Israeli sheep reject his son as the "Messiah".

Quite the slump...if you ask me.

Last edited by thaskalos; 07-15-2018 at 10:41 PM.
Old 07-16-2018, 05:50 AM   #7091
hcap

Quote:

Your so-called "federal head of the human race" is another "yes, but.......you are forgetting.." rationalization, invented well after the OT by Christians back fitting their absurd original sin theory.

I would have thought the "Noah" story, concocted by Jews would have mentioned his "federal heaship" as well as Adam's "federal headship" in the OT originally. No such theory until biblical Christianity devised it.

So in addition to god not being logically believable in the biblical account of Noah and the Ark, as to an all knowing, all-doing, and all loving God, god seems very forgetful. Not remembering what he inspired men to believe first in the OT, then losing track in the NT and adding another yes, but......Federal headship silliness.

Is there also a federal judgeship or federal sheepheardership?

Or must we wait for the new, new testament to find out?

Last edited by hcap; 07-16-2018 at 06:00 AM.
Old 07-16-2018, 06:04 AM   #7092
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
Yeah...God doesn't seem to be too strong in the prognostication department. First...he created Adam and Eve in his own image, and promised them the world...only to be betrayed by their disobedience.
Maybe god is just better creating smart sneaky serpents?
Old 07-16-2018, 06:27 AM   #7093
Nutz and Boltz
Mad as hell !

...And ,since it is hard to believe that the world could ever be more"wicked" than it is today, why hasn't God stepped on us like a bunch of ants and started all over again?

Last edited by Nutz and Boltz; 07-16-2018 at 06:29 AM.
Old 07-16-2018, 10:58 AM   #7094
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutz and Boltz View Post
...And ,since it is hard to believe that the world could ever be more"wicked" than it is today, why hasn't God stepped on us like a bunch of ants and started all over again?
Shh! Keep it down. Maybe god missed it watching Jerry Springer and reruns of the Apprentice?

And hopefully Homer won't be too loud

Old 07-16-2018, 12:11 PM   #7095
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing View Post

Everything God created was "very good". Adam and Eve were "unflawed" beings with free will. They chose to believe the Serpent rather than God, hence they disobeyed the one command they had from God, and they cast the entire human race into ruin.

Should God have created Adam and Eve without the capacity of free choice? Should he created robots, instead?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: