Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2017, 04:56 PM   #3751
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Show Me the Wire View Post
In deference to your assertion, especially how it relates to post 3738. As I repeatedly tell you there is no difference. If someone discover's something they are a discoverer.

For the language usage impaired. Discoverer is a noun, a common noun. Discovered is a verb, the action done. Since Calvin discovered (an action) he is properly referred to as a discoverer when I refer to him with a common noun.

You are not Humpty Dumpty, when you use a word to declare, "it means just what I choose it to mean—neither more nor less."

Seriously did you attend primary school? You really don't understand common nouns, pronouns, verbs, sentence structure?
Well...since you say there is no difference, you're saying there is no difference between a definite article and an indefinite one. I think all dictionaries would disagree with you.

Again, originally you put words in my mouth by claiming I said Calvin was THE discoverer of the true gospel, when of course, I would never do such a dumb thing, since I, too, discovered the true gospel after Christ revealed the Father to me and the Holy Spirit revealed Christ to me.
Old 08-23-2017, 05:06 PM   #3752
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Come on boxcar, I know you are chomping at the bit. Just say you do not believe Christ dwells, inside individuals (a person) alongside the holy Spirit . Just say it and spare all of us your ludicrous posts.
A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies.
George Washington
Old 08-23-2017, 05:10 PM   #3753
boxcar

Quote:
I wonder how come boxcar, with all of his preaching on the Kingdom of God, failed to discuss the actual definition of the Kingdom of God contained in the N.T.?

17 For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking but of righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. Romans 14:17
I have discussed it -- a long time ago with Light. I first mentioned it in our little debate over Lk 17:21 in my 12461 date 5/15/14 on the old Religious thread.. As usual, you're a dollar late and very many days short.
Old 08-23-2017, 05:28 PM   #3754
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Well...since you say there is no difference, you're saying there is no difference between a definite article and an indefinite one. I think all dictionaries would disagree with you.

Again, originally you put words in my mouth by claiming I said Calvin was THE discoverer of the true gospel, when of course, I would never do such a dumb thing, since I, too, discovered the true gospel after Christ revealed the Father to me and the Holy Spirit revealed Christ to me.
You love false narratives.

Quote:
Quote: boxcar:
All he did was discover the true gospel and systematize the Doctrines of Grace.
You used no modifiers (qualifiers or adjectives) in your above-stated claim. You wrote what you wrote, maybe not what you meant, but that is not my problem.

The way you wrote your claim Calvin is the discoverer of the true Gospel. Nobody is putting words in your mouth. Again we are not in Humpty Dumpty land, you wrote what you wrote intentionally or unintentionally completely omitting modifiers. My guess it was intentional, until you figured out the boxcar, boxed himself into a corner and then you tried to lie saying you used modifiers.
A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies.
George Washington
Old 08-23-2017, 05:33 PM   #3755
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
I have discussed it -- a long time ago with Light. I first mentioned it in our little debate over Lk 17:21 in my 12461 date 5/15/14 on the old Religious thread.. As usual, you're a dollar late and very many days short.

But not in your recent posts. 2014, what month and year is it now? You have discussed the Kingdom of God many times since and you haven't referenced it since May 2014.

Your posts are not important enough for us to keep track of what you said in 2014. Buffoonery at its best.

Who sent you boxcar? Tell us who sent you, so we could see if you are specially raised up by God in His providence to preach the Gospel.
George Washington
Old 08-23-2017, 05:54 PM   #3756
boxcar

Quote:
But not in your recent posts. 2014, what month and year is it now? You have discussed the Kingdom of God many times since and you haven't referenced it since May 2014.

Your posts are not important enough for us to keep track of what you said in 2014. Buffoonery at its best.

Who sent you boxcar? Tell us who sent you, so we could see if you are specially raised up by God in His providence to preach the Gospel.
You truly are illiterate. Why would you infer that I haven't mentioned or discussed the Romans passage multiple times since I FIRST broached that passage with Light in May of 2014? What part of "first" didn't you understand in my post?

And what is the excuse for your "buffoonery" when you said or asked why I never discussed the Romans text. That's pretty presumptuous of you.
Old 08-23-2017, 05:57 PM   #3757
boxcar

Quote:
You love false narratives.

You used no modifiers (qualifiers or adjectives) in your above-stated claim. You wrote what you wrote, maybe not what you meant, but that is not my problem.

The way you wrote your claim Calvin is the discoverer of the true Gospel. Nobody is putting words in your mouth. Again we are not in Humpty Dumpty land, you wrote what you wrote intentionally or unintentionally completely omitting modifiers. My guess it was intentional, until you figured out the boxcar, boxed himself into a corner and then you tried to lie saying you used modifiers.
The term "discovered" I used is a verb. There's nothing in the verb form of the word "discoverer" to even remotely hint that Calvin was THE discoverer.
Old 08-23-2017, 05:59 PM   #3758
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
So, by your own definition, then, repeated truths (which by definition are not new and cannot be new as truly new news) that are included in the canon of scripture are not divinely inspired.

Also, where in scripture is your personal definition of "divine inspiration"? Where does it say in the bible that in order for revelation to be divinely inspired, it must be new?

Also, when someone understands something for the first time, it is new to that person. What do you think Jesus meant when he said:

Luke 10:22
22 "All things have been handed over to Me by My Father, and no one knows who the Son is except the Father, and who the Father is except the Son, and anyone to whom the Son wills to reveal Him."?
NASB

Isn't Jesus to this day still revealing his Father to his elect? Shirley, you don't believe Jesus had divine inspiration in mind in the above passage when he used the term "reveal", do you?

By the way, I have only ever attributed divine inspiration to the source, which is the Triune God. Quit lying about me.
Oh I missed this gem of a posts.

Let's see repeated truths cannot be included in the canon of Scripture and are not Divinely inspired. Nope. The reason they are repeated truths is because they are in Scripture, because these truths are Divinely inspired. The Apostles received Divine inspiration, new truths, and included these truths in Scripture so they can be repeated as truths down through the ages.

How can you claim to be a knowledgeable not understanding how Scriptural truths came about and how these truths are passed down by being repeated?

You continually demonstrate your lack of understanding. Keep digging.
George Washington
Old 08-23-2017, 06:04 PM   #3759
boxcar

Quote:
Oh I missed this gem of a posts.

Let's see repeated truths cannot be included in the canon of Scripture and are not Divinely inspired. Nope. The reason they are repeated truths is because they are in Scripture, because these truths are Divinely inspired. The Apostles received Divine inspiration, new truths, and included these truths in Scripture so they can be repeated as truths down through the ages.

How can you claim to be a knowledgeable not understanding how Scriptural truths came about and how these truths are passed down by being repeated?

You continually demonstrate your lack of understanding. Keep digging.
Yeah, but repeated truths aren't new. So according to YOUR definition of "divine inspiration" only new truths are divinely inspired. You painted yourself in that corner, I didn't.
Old 08-23-2017, 06:06 PM   #3760
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
The term "discovered" I used is a verb. There's nothing in the verb form of the word "discoverer" to even remotely hint that Calvin was THE discoverer.
There is nothing in your claim stating to the contrary that Calvin was not the discoverer. You wrote what you wrote.
You did not use a qualifier to modify your verb,as you falsely claimed in later posts. Discoverer is a common noun.

Quote:
dis·cov·er·er
disˈkəvərər/Submit
noun
the first person to find or explore a place.
synonyms: originator, inventor, creator, deviser, designer; More
the first per
You wrote what you wrote, live with it.
George Washington
Old 08-23-2017, 06:09 PM   #3761
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:

How do you jump to discussing articles, when I clearly referenced verbs and nouns. There is no difference as I am referring to the same person. Calvin doing an action and Calvin's identity, the discoverer?

Keep on digging. What we (mankind per boxcar) have here is a failure to communicate.
George Washington

Last edited by Show Me the Wire; 08-23-2017 at 06:16 PM.
Old 08-23-2017, 07:17 PM   #3762
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

boxcar you are the gift that just keeps on giving.

Quote:
You keep a copy of your posts, recording the date and the content.
You knew the content contained no modifiers:

Quote:
Quote: boxcar:
All he did was discover the true gospel and systematize the Doctrines of Grace.
Therefore, when you claimed you used modifiers in your above quote about Calvin discovering the true Gospel, you lied.

You intentionally misrepresented the content of your post to accuse me of falsehoods. You intentionally gave false testimony about me. You lied and this is not the first time you have been caught in an outright lie on this board.

boxcar is derailed.
George Washington

Last edited by Show Me the Wire; 08-23-2017 at 07:21 PM.
Old 08-23-2017, 08:18 PM   #3763
boxcar

Quote:
There is nothing in your claim stating to the contrary that Calvin was not the discoverer. You wrote what you wrote.
You did not use a qualifier to modify your verb,as you falsely claimed in later posts. Discoverer is a common noun.

You wrote what you wrote, live with it.
Verbs can only be modified by adverbs. Tell us wanna-be-genius, what adverb should I have used to signify that Calvin was only a discoverer?

P.S. Neither is there anything in my claim that Calvin was THE discoverer.
Old 08-23-2017, 08:24 PM   #3764
boxcar

Quote:
boxcar you are the gift that just keeps on giving.

You keep a copy of your posts, recording the date and the content.
You knew the content contained no modifiers:

Therefore, when you claimed you used modifiers in your above quote about Calvin discovering the true Gospel, you lied.

You intentionally misrepresented the content of your post to accuse me of falsehoods. You intentionally gave false testimony about me. You lied and this is not the first time you have been caught in an outright lie on this board.

boxcar is derailed.
What adverb modifier should I have used to signify that Calvin was only a discoverer? Don't forget: The term "discover" is a verb and verbs can only be modified with adverbs. So, get busy and tell me what adverb should I have used?

And I never claimed I used any modifier; for none were necessary. Once again, you lie.

SMTW is check-mated because he once again has painted himself right into a corner with no way out.
Old 08-23-2017, 08:28 PM   #3765
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Verbs can only be modified by adverbs. Tell us wanna-be-genius, what adverb should I have used to signify that Calvin was only a discoverer?

P.S. Neither is there anything in my claim that Calvin was THE discoverer.
Did you use an adverb? No. Did you use a phrase to qualify the verb? No. You made an unconditional claim and then you lied about using a modifier. If you don't know what adverb or qualifying phrase to use that is your problem, not mine. If you don't understand how to convey your thoughts in writing don't post. problem solved.

You stilled lied about using any type of modifier.
George Washington

Last edited by Show Me the Wire; 08-23-2017 at 08:32 PM.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: