Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 08-23-2017, 04:19 PM   #16
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess Hawsen Arown View Post
...or someone who gets a kick out of watching the wackadoodles go off the deep end when presented with a mirror to hold up in front of themselves.

After all, most of us are here for the laughs.

Has there only been 20?
I'm glad you are here for the laughs, because you have certainly never made a substantive contribution.
Old 08-23-2017, 11:15 PM   #17
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Liberal thinkers
1. oxymoron
2. a lisp

????????
Old 08-24-2017, 08:59 AM   #18
Jess Hawsen Arown

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
I'm glad you are here for the laughs, because you have certainly never made a substantive contribution.
An arrow right through my heart. Ouch.
Jess Hawsen Arown is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-24-2017, 09:21 AM   #19
Jess Hawsen Arown

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
From you link: (with my brilliant, devastating comments in BOLD)
Dr. Rossiter says the liberal agenda preys on weakness and feelings of inferiority in the population by;
Let's start here. I am a liberal and I have no feelings of inferiority. On the other hand, I never felt superior either. Until I found this board.

Creating and reinforcing perceptions of victimization.
It is actually the conservatives who do this by telling minorities that liberals do not think that those minorities can fend for themselves.

What liberals are trying to do is give minorities the chance to improve their lives. They do not fully have that chance now. Most inner city schools are inferior to suburban schools. Despite what Rossiter and many of you think, liberals do expect minorities and anyone to produce once we get the opportunity. The fact is the only reason opportunities have increase is because of civil rights laws.

Satisfying infantile claims to entitlement, indulgence and compensation.
Who decides what is infantile? It seems this is just a word used by Rossiter to insult liberals.

I'm receiving Social Security, that is not an entitlement except in the sense that I paid into in for forty plus years and am now entitled to reap the benefits. Same for Medicare. Same for my pension.

Yes, I have my indulgences. I pay for them.

When I was working, my compensation was decided through honest negotiation between my representatives and representatives of management.

Let me say that everything I have said above applies to the vast majority of liberals I know or have known. When I worked at the Post Office, I had no time to post on Pace Advantage. One of our members here post constantly during working hours. I won't name him, but it begins with T and ends with m.

Augmenting primitive feelings of envy
What do I have to be envious of? Who do I have to be envious of? The narrow minded people who can't deal with people being gay? The ill informed people who voted for Trump? The naïve people who believe Obama is Kenyan. The sycophants who think business owners should be able to pay whatever they like? No, I have no one to be envious of. I don't care how much money someone else makes If someone else has a different job than me and works less and gets paid more; that is just the way it is.

Rejecting the sovereignty of the individual, subordinating him to the will of the government.
What the &*^% does that even mean. There is no such thing as the absolute sovereignty of the individual. Yes, you can live where you want, but you can't build any kind of house there. True, you can establish and run a business, but you can't pollute a stream with your waste water. You can become a doctor, but you can't reuse scalpels or needles or abuse your patients. You can become a teacher or a boy scout leader or operate a day care center, but you can't act inappropriately towards your charges.

If he doesn't think it is necessary to subordinate the individual to the will of the government in some cases, then Dr. Rossiter is a fool. But then, we already knew that, didn't we?
Yet you have a need to defend yourself even though this was not a personal attack since nobody knows who you are.

But we thank you for admitting that you feel superior to everyone here. The true definition of a liberal. Your answers pretty much helps explain Dr. Rossiter's professional analysis. I know for a fact that I am not superior to you or anyone else here. I have skills that most here are weak. I have weaknesses where most here excel. The previous two sentences are true of every adult on this planet.

Glad to see that you understand that social security, medicare and your pension are not entitlements. If anyone says otherwise, I will be happy to join you in helping them with their ignorance on the subject.

I also enjoyed your "When I was working, my compensation was decided through honest negotiation between my representatives and representatives of management." because it is part of a theory of mine on another issue - equal pay for women. I believe in the 21st century, we all believe that your pay should not be affected by your gender.

However, we cannot ignore the differences that exist between the genders. One of them is women's lack of aggressiveness. Of course this does not apply to all women (politicians, athletes and business executives are just some of the obvious exceptions to the generality) and women being short-changed in the workplace is also NOT across the board. I believe the single most mitigating factor in women not receiving equal pay is their lack of aggressiveness in salary negotiations. Women who are aggressive in negotiations are properly compensated.
Old 08-29-2017, 01:59 PM   #20
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess Hawsen Arown View Post
However, we cannot ignore the differences that exist between the genders. One of them is women's lack of aggressiveness. Of course this does not apply to all women (politicians, athletes and business executives are just some of the obvious exceptions to the generality) and women being short-changed in the workplace is also NOT across the board. I believe the single most mitigating factor in women not receiving equal pay is their lack of aggressiveness in salary negotiations. Women who are aggressive in negotiations are properly compensated.
I find your words here troubling, and I also don't believe them in terms of aggressiveness.

There are PLENTY of passive men out there not making what they should be making because they TOO are too hesitant or scared to go after what they want. They, like a lot of people, are afraid of being fired for making a stink about their salary (maybe not immediately, but when it comes time to let someone go, they'll remember who was bitching the most about salaries).

In any event, I don't put much if any stock into what you write above.

I'm not saying there are no differences between genders, but a lack of aggressiveness on the part of women is not why there is still a major gender gap in pay.

And in fact, your whole theory smacks of the very thing women have been fighting against and what has kept the gap in place in the first place.
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-29-2017, 04:51 PM   #21
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
I find your words here troubling, and I also don't believe them in terms of aggressiveness.

There are PLENTY of passive men out there not making what they should be making because they TOO are too hesitant or scared to go after what they want. They, like a lot of people, are afraid of being fired for making a stink about their salary (maybe not immediately, but when it comes time to let someone go, they'll remember who was bitching the most about salaries).

I'm not saying there are no differences between genders, but a lack of aggressiveness on the part of women is not why there is still a major gender gap in pay.

And in fact, your whole theory smacks of the very thing women have been fighting against and what has kept the gap in place in the first place.
Isn't he describing the whole Sheryl Sandberg thing and her "Lean In" book? I'll admit I haven't read the book, but I thought the other poster's premise was part of her theory about how to self-empower women. Of course maybe she's dead wrong, too.
Saratoga_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-29-2017, 06:57 PM   #22
Jess Hawsen Arown

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post

All I can add is that it is my experience that drew me to those opinions. Of course there are men who would accept the first offer they receive, just as there are women who would tell you to shove it if the offer was less than adequate.

But in the majority, I find my assessments to be correct.