Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 08-11-2017, 10:44 AM   #1
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

R3 Saratoga 5.5F Turf Clm $50Kn3l 8/11/17

Time to get into the claiming ranks and look to make a score.

First Goal: Obviously you have to look past the last one with the new connections to make a play. This one will need to be out and among the pace to have any chance. Arroyo isn't having a very good meet and Sciacca has yet to saddle a winner. This one is always bet, and certainly not without a shot. 12/1 ML seems a bit high.

Lone Trader: Last two in this kind of company have been pretty damn solid. If you like deep closers in short turf sprints, then this is your guy. Ortiz is back for a 3rd time and will look to improve upon 2nd and 3rd place finishes in his last two on this one. Serious contender.

Kristofferson: Not even sure how to handicap this one other than leaving off every ticket and having him beat me. 6/1 ML seems a bit anxious as he takes to turf for the 2nd time in his career. I'll let the Hastings Park veteran beat me.

Blue Belt: Should be cooking on the front end, and has been in the picture in 6 of 7 career races. Jose on board, and Rivelli is looking for his first win of the meet while being competitive in nearly all of his 5 previous entries. A must use in almost any wager including horizontals.

Final Encore: Absolutely spanked last out contending against a couple of others in here. Looks to be in a bit deep here, and will obviously need to improve.

Alaskan Prince: Just beat last out, and has the class and form to show he is as ready as anybody to win this one. Manuel hasn't had the greatest meet, but is warming up. Weaver is always dangerous. Very likely favorite. This isn't Applebee's, thus a 2 for 20 lifetime record is certainly cause for pause.

Jewel Heist: Class is a bit suspect here, and is a win or nothing type sort. Why the move to turf? Would be a shocker on the top end.

Holding Aces: MTO.

SUMMARY: Looks to be a pretty formful race, but if we know anything at Saratoga, "formful" isn't a requirement. should be humming early, and I'm looking for something just off of those two. Should sit the the right trip.

Last edited by Lemon Drop Husker; 08-11-2017 at 10:57 AM.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-11-2017, 11:10 AM   #2
KidCapper

I like the in this spot. Has races where he has shown speed and races where he has come from off. That versatility will help in this group. 10-1 on the ML is juicy enough for me to take a stab at. I'll bet this one across the board.
KidCapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-11-2017, 11:23 AM   #3
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidCapper View Post
I like the in this spot. Has races where he has shown speed and races where he has come from off. That versatility will help in this group. 10-1 on the ML is juicy enough for me to take a stab at. I'll bet this one across the board.
You should get a good price for a horse that will finish DFL.
Old 08-11-2017, 02:00 PM   #4
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

No value here unless the creeps to 4-1

PASS
Old 08-11-2017, 02:15 PM   #5
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Double your money Friday.