Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 11-10-2020, 09:49 AM   #1
JerryBoyle
Veteran

Dead people are voting!

Or are they?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/08/tech/...ing/index.html

This one is kind of sad, actually. Think I remember seeing a tweet about this person voting.

Quote:
In fact, CNN previously reported on a 20-year-old cancer patient in Wisconsin who voted early but sadly died before election day. Her vote was thrown out under Wisconsin law.
JerryBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-10-2020, 10:14 AM   #2
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryBoyle View Post
Or are they?

This one is kind of sad, actually. Think I remember seeing a tweet about this person voting.
THE HONEST MEDIA STRIKES AGAIN! (lulz)
Old 11-10-2020, 10:15 AM   #3
JerryBoyle
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
THE HONEST MEDIA STRIKES AGAIN! (lulz)
Feel free to read and refute. It should be easy.
Old 11-10-2020, 10:16 AM   #4
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Feel free to read and refute. It should be easy.
I read it. You don't like my reply?

They couldn't even tell me who created the list they were "fact-checking."

So eager to fact check something like this...imagine if they had put that kind of effort into the Joe Biden/Hunter Biden international shakedown operation...LMAO

Imagine.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 11-10-2020 at 10:18 AM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-10-2020, 10:25 AM   #5
JerryBoyle
Veteran

Quote:
I read it. You don't like my reply?

They couldn't even tell me who created the list they were "fact-checking."

So eager to fact check something like this...imagine if they had put that kind of effort into the Joe Biden/Hunter Biden international shakedown operation...LMAO

Imagine.
Let's stay on point here, we're discussing dead people voting. Does the original tweeter (lul) of the list matter, or does it matter that it's circulating in Republican circles as proof (hence needed to be fact checked)? I'm curious what your concerns are with the article...seriously.
Old 11-10-2020, 10:44 AM   #6
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Let's stay on point here, we're discussing dead people voting. Does the original tweeter (lul) of the list matter, or does it matter that it's circulating in Republican circles as proof (hence needed to be fact checked)? I'm curious what your concerns are with the article...seriously.
My concerns? I have zero concerns.

I could have written this article...and the seriousness with which you would have taken my article (laughable) is just about the same way you should take this article...if you are indeed the man of integrity and fairness that you claim to be...

I mean...I understand the point of your recent exercises. Flood the board like the righties do...with meaningless stuff...like this article you based this thread on.

I never took you for a time-waster (especially of your own time).

Oh well. I guess I'm wrong again.
Old 11-10-2020, 11:13 AM   #7
JerryBoyle
Veteran

Quote:
My concerns? I have zero concerns.

I could have written this article...and the seriousness with which you would have taken my article (laughable) is just about the same way you should take this article...if you are indeed the man of integrity and fairness that you claim to be...

I mean...I understand the point of your recent exercises. Flood the board like the righties do...with meaningless stuff...like this article you based this thread on.

I never took you for a time-waster (especially of your own time).

Oh well. I guess I'm wrong again.
How is it meaningless, though? There's a premise floating around that there's a problem w dead people voting. The article takes a few cases that are getting massive attention on Twitter (millions of retweets) and elsewhere (mentioned by L Graham), and attempts to either refute them or show how they were mistakes that were corrected.

Is it meaningless to you because you don't believe dead people are actually voting? Or is it meangingless to you because you disagree with the way the article refutes the claims of dead people voting?
Old 11-10-2020, 11:16 AM   #8
JerryBoyle
Veteran

And just to be clear, I have no illusions about changing anyone's mind here. That'll never happen. So I recognize that literally every post here is a waste of my time. But, frustration gets the better of me.
Old 11-10-2020, 01:04 PM   #9
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
How is it meaningless, though? There's a premise floating around that there's a problem w dead people voting. The article takes a few cases that are getting massive attention on Twitter (millions of retweets) and elsewhere (mentioned by L Graham), and attempts to either refute them or show how they were mistakes that were corrected.

Is it meaningless to you because you don't believe dead people are actually voting? Or is it meangingless to you because you disagree with the way the article refutes the claims of dead people voting?
Unless this is the exact list Trump's lawyers are using as ONE SMALL PIECE evidence, it's a waste of time.

You act as if dead voting is the only evidence out there.

Dead voters is a stupid argument. There are ALWAYS dead voters every election. Duh.
Old 11-10-2020, 01:14 PM   #10
JerryBoyle
Veteran

Quote:
Unless this is the exact list Trump's lawyers are using as ONE SMALL PIECE evidence, it's a waste of time.

You act as if dead voting is the only evidence out there.

Dead voters is a stupid argument. There are ALWAYS dead voters every election. Duh.
But the article is making the case that what you said isn't accurate, no?

And as for the topic being meaningful, would you agree that dead people voting matters (as it relates to fraudulent elections) to a sizable part of the voting population saying that there's widespread fraud? If you do agree, then an article that attempts to prove that dead people DO NOT vote seems useful to me.
Old 11-10-2020, 01:21 PM   #11
MONEY

Quote:
Or are they?

It's insane that the departed can't to vote.
They drive, take out loans, receive government benifits, work and pay taxes.
Since they are capable of doing all of the above, it only makes sense to let them keep on voting.
Old 11-10-2020, 01:22 PM   #12
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Or are they?

Quote:
In fact, CNN previously reported on a 20-year-old cancer patient in Wisconsin who voted early but sadly died before election day. Her vote was thrown out under Wisconsin law.
Do election officials in Wisconsin track down all voters to see if they are still alive.

And if there is a secret ballot how the heck can you possibly trace a vote back to who cast it?
Old 11-10-2020, 01:25 PM   #13
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
But the article is making the case that what you said isn't accurate, no?

And as for the topic being meaningful, would you agree that dead people voting matters (as it relates to fraudulent elections) to a sizable part of the voting population saying that there's widespread fraud? If you do agree, then an article that attempts to prove that dead people DO NOT vote seems useful to me.
There are stories every single election of dead people voting.

Let's go back to 2013...over two dozen elections...they claim the number is small...but that's not the point of this little mini-argument right now. Your mini-argument just now specifically stated the article is attempting to prove DEAD PEOPLE DO NOT VOTE...of course they vote...happens probably every single election in mid to large size districts. This is not the only story out there:

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...wsday/1958314/

Stop with the nonsense...please.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 11-10-2020 at 01:26 PM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-10-2020, 01:31 PM   #14
JerryBoyle
Veteran

Quote:
There are stories every single election of dead people voting.

Let's go back to 2013...over two dozen elections...they claim the number is small...but that's not the point of this little mini-argument right now. Your mini-argument just now specifically stated the article is attempting to prove DEAD PEOPLE DO NOT VOTE...of course they vote...happens probably every single election in mid to large size districts. This is not the only story out there:

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...wsday/1958314/

Stop with the nonsense...please.
No, it's not my point.

Given that you've questioned whether talking about dead people voting is even meaningful, I really have 2 points or questions.

1. Is it meaningful to discuss? My argument is that it is meaningful, because you see a large population of voters claiming fraud due to dead people voting. Presumably, because it's being talked about so much, they think it's a BIG problem in terms of number of votes.

2. Is it a big problem? IMO, the article did a convincing job of communicating why it's not nearly as big a problem as that large population seems to think. Do you disagree? Even if there are occasional examples of dead people voting, is it on such a large scale that it impacts the election? I'd also ask, is it organized? That is, are you or that large population laying blame at some group of people for organizing it?
Old 11-10-2020, 01:37 PM   #15
Elkchester Road

This election cycle has proven that if voting really mattered we wouldn't be allowed to do it.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: