Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 05-20-2020, 04:13 PM   #4966
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
I would like an apology for you claiming I was a "deceiver", but you are too brainless to realize and admit you only deceived yourself.
Shirley U. Jest! You're a pathological liar, not having an honest bone in your body. You make Obama, Slick Willy, Auntie Nancy and Shiff-faced together look like saints next to you!
Old 05-20-2020, 04:57 PM   #4967
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Shirley U. Jest! You're a pathological liar, not having an honest bone in your body. You make Obama, Slick Willy, Auntie Nancy and Shiff-faced together look like saints next to you!
You could not understand what I clearly wrote. And called me a "deceiver" through your own ignorance of yourself, rational thinking, and knowledge of the simple sciences.

Now your making it a far right lunatic weirdo paranoid conspiracy theory.

Now everyone is out to get you. All the other non-Boxcarian religious believers, free thinkers, democrats mainstream repugs, rhinos, never Trumpers and anyone who think you are full of shit.
You are the only religious/political paranoid poster here.

Last edited by hcap; 05-20-2020 at 05:00 PM.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-20-2020, 09:08 PM   #4968
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
You must love the absurdity of infinite regressions.
If infinite regression is absurd then how do you explain Zeno's paradox?
Old 05-20-2020, 10:20 PM   #4969
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Models are based on theories.
It's the other way around. Theories are based on models. A theory is an explanation of an aspect of the natural world that can be repeatedly tested and verified in accordance with the scientific method, using accepted protocols of observation, measurement, and evaluation of results. Established scientific theories have withstood rigorous scrutiny and embody scientific knowledge.
Old 05-20-2020, 10:39 PM   #4970
dnlgfnk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
Why should I?
In attempting to fulfill clicknow's request...

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...postcount=4959

...has increasing entropy in all these models been solved? As of 2015, my favorite materialist physicist said "no". (cf. second last paragraph)...

http://backreaction.blogspot.com/sea...mology+entropy
Old 05-20-2020, 10:44 PM   #4971
dnlgfnk

Quote:
It's the other way around. Theories are based on models. A theory is an explanation of an aspect of the natural world that can be repeatedly tested and verified in accordance with the scientific method, using accepted protocols of observation, measurement, and evaluation of results. Established scientific theories have withstood rigorous scrutiny and embody scientific knowledge.
I have no idea where your "Why should I"? came from in the above. I was replying to this latest of yours.
Old 05-21-2020, 11:32 AM   #4972
boxcar

Quote:
You could not understand what I clearly wrote. And called me a "deceiver" through your own ignorance of yourself, rational thinking, and knowledge of the simple sciences.

Now your making it a far right lunatic weirdo paranoid conspiracy theory.

Now everyone is out to get you. All the other non-Boxcarian religious believers, free thinkers, democrats mainstream repugs, rhinos, never Trumpers and anyone who think you are full of shit.
You are the only religious/political paranoid poster here.

Get help. You're a very sick person.
Old 05-21-2020, 11:33 AM   #4973
boxcar

Quote:
If infinite regression is absurd then how do you explain Zeno's paradox?
It's absurd when talking about the origin of the universe.
Old 05-21-2020, 11:56 AM   #4974
hcap

Quote:
Get help. You're a very sick person.
Do you know what psychological projection is? You should. You do it all the time when threatened by anyone pointing out your deep personality flaws..

Psychological projection is a defense mechanism people subconsciously employ in order to cope with difficult feelings or emotions. Psychological projection involves projecting undesirable feelings or emotions onto someone else, rather than admitting to or dealing with the unwanted feelings.

Got it? Mr. Deceiver?
Old 05-21-2020, 12:46 PM   #4975
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
It's absurd when talking about the origin of the universe.
Special pleading!
Old 05-21-2020, 03:56 PM   #4976
boxcar

Quote:
Do you know what psychological projection is? You should. You do it all the time when threatened by anyone pointing out your deep personality flaws..

Psychological projection is a defense mechanism people subconsciously employ in order to cope with difficult feelings or emotions. Psychological projection involves projecting undesirable feelings or emotions onto someone else, rather than admitting to or dealing with the unwanted feelings.

Got it? Mr. Deceiver?
The Pot calling the kettle black!

You can never admit when you're wrong can you, Mr, Know-it-all? You clearly said earlier that causes are not in their effects; but then turn right around (after I called you out on your duplicity) tacitly admitting that genetic code is in the caterpillar, which can only mean that that code is passed on to the butterfly (the effect!).
Old 05-21-2020, 04:00 PM   #4977
boxcar

Quote:
Special pleading!
No it isn't. More like a special cop out by you and other scientism believers. Once you appeal to infinite regression, you're saying two things: I don't know how the universe came into existence. And you're saying, "The universe is what it is because it is" -- classic circular reasoning.
Old 05-21-2020, 04:16 PM   #4978
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
You can never admit when you're wrong can you, Mr, Know-it-all? You clearly said earlier that causes are not in their effects; but then turn right around (after I called you out on your duplicity) tacitly admitting that genetic code is in the caterpillar, which can only mean that that code is passed on to the butterfly (the effect!).
  • Butterflies are bisexual which means they have two parents. The code from one parent is not sufficient for the butterfly to live.
  • It is extremely rare for DNA to pass from parent to offspring without mutation. Most mutations are benign so the effect goes unnoticed.
  • DNA implies something that is alive. Most objects in the universe are not alive. Neptune and Uranus were both discovered because their gravitational fields perturb the orbits of Saturn and Jupiter. The effect is in a process (orbital mechanics) not in an object.
The whole concept of causes being in effects is just plain silly.
Old 05-21-2020, 04:48 PM   #4979
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Give me something that is factual in the real world.
That you even ask this question indicates several things: first, you do not understand what I posted (most likely from willful ignorance); second, that you seem to think that I made some sort of claim, I did not; third, that you seem to think that the origin and nature of the universe is settled science, it is not; fourth, that you are applying the fallacy of composition to the universe by positing that a cyclic perpetual universe implies some subset of the universe must also have a perpetual cycle; fifth, that you think that quantum mechanics is not part of the "real world."

The early history of the universe is known back to 1.0E(-43) second ABB. That is the limit of quantum uncertainty. It is impossible to know anything before that because (in effect) the knowledge does not exist.

Nonetheless there are five possibilities:
  1. A cyclic model wherein time repeats itself.
  2. An infinite model wherein time extends eternally into both the future and the past.
  3. A finite model wherein time had a beginning and will have an end.
  4. A half infinite model wherein time had a beginning but will never end.
  5. A half infinite model wherein time extends eternally into the past but will come to an end.
As far as I know there is no conclusive evidence supporting any of the five models but I think most cosmologists favor a cyclic model.
Old 05-21-2020, 05:50 PM   #4980
hcap

Quote:
The Pot calling the kettle black!

You are full of shit. And understand bupkis.

That is not at all what it means, Mr. Deceiver.