Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 03-18-2017, 05:33 PM   #1
Andy Asaro

Ortiz makes Zero effort to get lead and loses with massive show wagers.

Did everything he could to not get the lead with Terra Promessa. There is no explanation for what just happened other than it was intentional IMO. There should be an investigation into that one. I don't buy it for a minute. That was my reaction live.

7 $26.20 $9.40 $19.60
6 . $5.60 $12.40
3 . . $45.40

Last edited by Andy Asaro; 03-18-2017 at 05:46 PM.
Andy Asaro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-18-2017, 07:04 PM   #2
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Asaro View Post
Did everything he could to not get the lead with Terra Promessa. There is no explanation for what just happened other than it was intentional IMO. There should be an investigation into that one. I don't buy it for a minute. That was my reaction live.

7 $26.20 $9.40 $19.60
6 . $5.60 $12.40
3 . . $45.40

A lot of cash money to be made there in the show pool....More than a winner's share of the pot, nevermind the jockey's share of the pot...

No one will ever care, look or even ask a question BUT even if one did, the answer will be: I decided to rate her, she just didn't fire.

Anyone with 3 brain cells can see and know what he did out there.

For shits and giggles, I want everyone to just freeze the replay right under the wire the first time. His poor horse's nose was facing the ground!!!!

Into the clubhouse turn, the poor horses nose was making a sharp left hand turn (while being choked to death).

In other words, usual Ortiz bullshit. Doesn't matter if it's Jose or Irad.

Who can forget Jose's 4 horse field, off the BOARD job at AQU last year on Constellation? She only won a GRADE 1 next time out ..........
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-18-2017, 07:05 PM   #3
Andy Asaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME View Post
A lot of cash money to be made there in the show pool....More than a winner's share of the pot, nevermind the jockey's share of the pot...

No one will ever care, look or even ask a question BUT even if one did, the answer will be: I decided to rate her, she just didn't fire.

Anyone with 3 brain cells can see and know what he did out there.

For shits and giggles, I want everyone to just freeze the replay right under the wire the first time. His poor horse's nose was facing the ground!!!!

Into the clubhouse turn, the poor horses nose was making a sharp left hand turn (while being choked to death).

In other words, usual Ortiz bullshit. Doesn't matter if it's Jose or Irad.

Who can forget Jose's 4 horse field, off the BOARD job at AQU last year?
Gotta bombard Oaklawn with phone calls.

Just watched it again. No way was it on the up and up.

Last edited by Andy Asaro; 03-18-2017 at 07:08 PM.
Old 03-18-2017, 07:08 PM   #4
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Gotta bombard Oaklawn with phone calls.
Are you kidding? I'm SO happy Jose and Irad were out of town today and other days.

Racing at AQU's inner has been near 100% honest.

They can stay there forever as far as I'm concerned.

I see a major common denominator. Jose and Irad have done some amazingly terrible work on MONSTER ASSMUSSEN chalks.

They don't seem to care to screw with his horses.
Old 03-18-2017, 07:30 PM   #5
Andy Asaro

Quote from Ortiz “She just didn’t show up,”

http://www.drf.com/news/streamline-s...truggles-fifth

Old 03-18-2017, 07:42 PM   #6
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Quote from Ortiz “She just didn’t show up,”

http://www.drf.com/news/streamline-s...truggles-fifth

TOLD YOU!
Old 03-18-2017, 07:43 PM   #7
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

I love how the article says:

Ortiz didn't blame the loss on the trip

Of course HE DIDN'T, he was the orchestrator of the loss, VIA THE TRIP!!!!

I sometimes swear I'm watching and reading WWE
Old 03-18-2017, 07:50 PM   #8
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
I love how the article says:

Ortiz didn't blame the loss on the trip

Of course HE DIDN'T, he was the orchestrator of the loss, VIA THE TRIP!!!!

I sometimes swear I'm watching and reading WWE
WWE has more fans by a huge margin
Old 03-18-2017, 08:00 PM   #9
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
WWE has more fans by a huge margin
If Asmussen is interviewed and he said I asked him to lead, IMHO, a jock pulling that shit, should be banned for life, with no opportunity for reinstatement.

If Asmussen wanted him to choke down and rate, he should come out and say that.

This one, like many others, looks so brutal to swallow as a fan of the integrity of this game.

If Asmussen left the riding to Irad, then he gets what he deserves. An off the board run. Irad is generally a passive rider but wink wink, when he has a true speed, he somehow finds ways to not lead....
Old 03-18-2017, 08:09 PM   #10
Andy Asaro

Can't attach the PP's for some reason. Should have cleared easily at 1-5

Last edited by Andy Asaro; 03-18-2017 at 08:11 PM.
Old 03-18-2017, 08:16 PM   #11
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Yeah, I guess I'll stick my neck, out.

It wasn't that bad.

She didn't get the lead, nor was she really expected to do so. From there, she was boxed in into the clubhouse turn and then throughout the entire backside.

She got a little bit of room to run, and the hole closed. From there, she didn't have anything.

If you can read a PP, and watch previous races, you'd know she was far from being a 1/5 favorite in that field. Hell, she had been beaten by the nobody Miss Mo Kelly just 3 back as dead chalk. The was 36-1 today.

She didn't get an easy lead on the and today. Easy to see the getting to the front and compromising her. Surely a local jock in JK Court was in cahoots with Irad, right?
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-18-2017, 08:20 PM   #12
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker View Post
Yeah, I guess I'll stick my neck, out.

It wasn't that bad.

She didn't get the lead, nor was she really expected to do so. From there, she was boxed in into the clubhouse turn and then throughout the entire backside.

She got a little bit of room to run, and the hole closed. From there, she didn't have anything.

If you can read a PP, and watch previous races, you'd know she was far from being a 1/5 favorite in that field. Hell, she had been beaten by the nobody Miss Mo Kelly just 3 back as dead chalk. The was 36-1 today.

She didn't get an easy lead on the and today. Easy to see the getting to the front and compromising her. Surely a local jock in JK Court was in cahoots with Irad, right?
When a horse's head is torn down so low that her eyes can see her breasts, we have a problem.

When TFUS has the horse leading by a few lengths, the horse could've lead by 3 if he didn't choke her out and she sat a choked down to death buried 3rd inside, we have a problem.

When any non novice can see a jock just sucking the life out of a horse, we have a problem.

When we have a jock's knees almost locked in a straight position as he's choking the life out of his horse, we have a problem.

What happened from the 5/8 on was TOTALLY IRRELEVANT. That horse spent so much energy fighting for air for over 3/8, she had no shot to hit the board.

I know you want to play smart but my friend, I think you would agree, she was given no shot to win by the rider.

I agree, 1/5, no way, ESPECIALLY with that jock aboard.
Old 03-18-2017, 08:28 PM   #13
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
When a horse's head is torn down so low that her eyes can see her breasts, we have a problem.

When TFUS has the horse leading by a few lengths, the horse could've lead by 3 if he didn't choke her out and she sat a choked down to death buried 3rd inside, we have a problem.

When any non novice can see a jock just sucking the life out of a horse, we have a problem.

When we have a jock's knees almost locked in a straight position as he's choking the life out of his horse, we have a problem.

What happened from the 5/8 on was TOTALLY IRRELEVANT. That horse spent so much energy fighting for air for over 3/8, she had no shot to hit the board.

I know you want to play smart but my friend, I think you would agree, she was given no shot to win by the rider.

I agree, 1/5, no way, ESPECIALLY with that jock aboard.
So, in your eyes, you expect a full and easy break, an easy get to the lead, and a walk from there.

Well, yes, that is how 1/5's usually happen.

I don't see a horrid break. I don't see the drawing back till the clubhouse turn. Now, the could have argued the cost her a placing, but what was the point when the didn't hit the board?

Court is a respected rider at Oaklawn. He could see as well as anybody that if he didn't get the lead on the , his horse had no chance. He went out and got it, while shutting off the .

For a guy that loves "race riding" in the stretch, how can you not like race riding in the early parts of a race? You can't have one without the other.
Old 03-18-2017, 08:36 PM   #14
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker View Post
So, in your eyes, you expect a full and easy break, an easy get to the lead, and a walk from there.

Well, yes, that is how 1/5's usually happen.

I don't see a horrid break. I don't see the drawing back till the clubhouse turn. Now, the could have argued the cost her a placing, but what was the point when the didn't hit the board?

Court is a respected rider at Oaklawn. He could see as well as anybody that if he didn't get the lead on the , his horse had no chance. He went out and got it, while shutting off the .

For a guy that loves "race riding" in the stretch, how can you not like race riding in the early parts of a race? You can't have one without the other.
Then my friend, I suggest you rewatch the replay.

Horse broke well and 1st. 5 seconds into the race, IRAD starts pulling the reigns hard. Watch the horse's head (and mouth) 5 seconds into the race. Her mouth is almost wide open and her nose is directly facing the ground.

All this before the items you saw on the Clubhouse Turn.

If you can't see a jock, who took a lone speed from FIRST to a brutally choked and buried third, then I don't know what to tell you.

I do love race riding at all parts of a race. Glad you brought that up. Iherd's #1 herding tactic is to herd a field right out of the gate. He had ZERO interest in MAINTAINING HIS lead (his horse broke great and first) and ZERO interest in being his usual self (Herding and intimidating after the start).

Chee, I wonder why I have dozens of thousands of reasons why.

BTW, I didn't even know this race was running. I didn't even look at another track besides AQU today. I only know about it as my friend was screaming during the race for the 2 to run out (he bet to show on the 3 and 7).

What the heck does court or anyone else have to do with Irad's actions. Obviously the money was made betting against the 2 to show. No other jock mattered but the rider of the 2

Last edited by EMD4ME; 03-18-2017 at 08:38 PM.
Old 03-18-2017, 08:45 PM   #15
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Then my friend, I suggest you rewatch the replay.

Horse broke well and 1st. 5 seconds into the race, IRAD starts pulling the reigns hard. Watch the horse's head (and mouth) 5 seconds into the race. Her mouth is almost wide open and her nose is directly facing the ground.

All this before the items you saw on the Clubhouse Turn.

If you can't see a jock, who took a lone speed from FIRST to a brutally choked and buried third, then I don't know what to tell you.

I do love race riding at all parts of a race. Glad you brought that up. Iherd's #1 herding tactic is to herd a field right out of the gate. He had ZERO interest in MAINTAINING HIS lead (his horse broke great and first) and ZERO interest in being his usual self (Herding and intimidating after the start).

Chee, I wonder why I have dozens of thousands of reasons why.

BTW, I didn't even know this race was running. I didn't even look at another track besides AQU today. I only know about it as my friend was screaming during the race for the 2 to run out (he bet to show on the 3 and 7).

What the heck does court or anyone else have to do with Irad's actions. Obviously the money was made betting against the 2 to show. No other jock mattered but the rider of the 2
Come on.

Watching the replay now. had the lead out of the break for maybe 50 yards. was sent, and then compromised her like I said. How you can't see that is beyond me.

Only time she was "choked" was when the got in front and came in on her. I don't know how anybody can see anything different.

https://www.americasbestracing.net/races/2017-azeri-s