Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2019, 01:01 PM   #10051
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
In the Newtonian sense motion is change in position divided by change in time. Thus to say that time moves is circular. Time is the ultimate independent variable.
But Time isn't independent. It relies on Matter in Motion and Space through which Matter can move. Time cannot exist without Matter and Space.
Old 03-10-2019, 01:22 PM   #10052
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
But Time isn't independent. It relies on Matter in Motion and Space through which Matter can move. Time cannot exist without Matter and Space.
Whatever! I don't see what all this time stuff has to do with religion. How about you starting a separate thread on time.
Old 03-10-2019, 02:23 PM   #10053
boxcar

Quote:
Whatever! I don't see what all this time stuff has to do with religion. How about you starting a separate thread on time.
No, I know you can't see it. Just like you can't see, touch, hear, feel or taste Time in this otherwise very physical universe. For that matter, you would not be able to sense Space if it weren't for Matter.

Have a great Sunday.
Old 03-10-2019, 03:44 PM   #10054
hcap

Quote:
We're not discussing any "event in time". We're discussing Time itself. Again, the evidence is self-evident. Allow me one of my great analogies to demonstrate the absurdity of your "arrow of time".

You have the Past flowing through the Present to become the Future. If we were to liken your arrow to a GPS, you would have us believe that where we were is now where we are and were we are will become our destination. So, all we have to do with our GPS is to look to our final destination to see where we are and from where we came. This must be so because you're implying with your arrow of time that the sum total of all our life is the Future, since you have all used, spent, consumed time flowing into the Future. Therefore, all we have to do is look to the Future for the story of our entire life since the Future must contain it all. Certainly, the Past doesn't nor does the Present.
Only if ones predictive abilities and "magical TIME GPS were 100 % reliable. Do you understand statistics? Any idea what correlation or "Predictive analytics" is?

Predictive analytics is the use of data, statistical algorithms and machine learning techniques to identify the likelihood of future outcomes based on historical data. The goal is to go beyond knowing what has happened to providing a best assessment of what will happen in the future.

You claim to be a processional handicapper, earning your living wagering. Are you stating here and now you did not use past performances to come to profitable projections, derive accurate correlations between past CAUSES and past EFFECTS to help you wager successfully?

Were you 100% accurate in all your wagers?

If you did not use past performances, you are you saying for you the future actually arrived before the running of today's race and the future outcome of that race was known before the race ran.
You even use as your tag line a statement of the necessity of multiple causative factors needed to
wager successffulkly
Quote:
There is no such thing as an isolated handicapping factor, for all factors are related to one another to one degree or another, and all especially to the form factor. -- Ray Taulbot
Why do I think you are lying about racing if you think Ray Taulbet did not use PPS?

Last edited by hcap; 03-10-2019 at 03:53 PM.
Old 03-10-2019, 04:04 PM   #10055
hcap

Quote:
He just does this to taunt me for criticizing his 11 part thesis on the universe where he attempted to re-define cosmology, and science including time based on the strict literal interpretation of the Christian TRINITY concept.

Whenever he is losing any argument he pulls it out of past arguments daring me to debate the same old, same old boxcarian nonsense about how everyone in the world including all religious people, have time backwards as compared to his perfectly understood (by him) screwy time direction.
Old 03-10-2019, 07:44 PM   #10056
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
Only if ones predictive abilities and "magical TIME GPS were 100 % reliable. Do you understand statistics? Any idea what correlation or "Predictive analytics" is?

Predictive analytics is the use of data, statistical algorithms and machine learning techniques to identify the likelihood of future outcomes based on historical data. The goal is to go beyond knowing what has happened to providing a best assessment of what will happen in the future.

You claim to be a processional handicapper, earning your living wagering. Are you stating here and now you did not use past performances to come to profitable projections, derive accurate correlations between past CAUSES and past EFFECTS to help you wager successfully?

Were you 100% accurate in all your wagers?

If you did not use past performances, you are you saying for you the future actually arrived before the running of today's race and the future outcome of that race was known before the race ran.
You even use as your tag line a statement of the necessity of multiple causative factors needed to
wager successffulkly

Why do I think you are lying about racing if you think Ray Taulbet did not use PPS?
You're so boring. We've been down this road before. Don't you know that past performances are no guarantee of future performances? This little "factoid" is stated on all stock prospectuses, and applies equally to turf speculation. And the key word here is speculation.
Old 03-10-2019, 09:18 PM   #10057
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
Seriously? A professional handicapper? Tough one to swallow, but I've got nothing that says otherwise.
Old 03-10-2019, 09:23 PM   #10058
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing View Post
Seriously? A professional handicapper? Tough one to swallow, but I've got nothing that says otherwise.
I believe him. If God has gotten interested enough to save Boxcar's soul...who's to say that God's "grace" cannot extend to the racetrack?
Old 03-10-2019, 09:38 PM   #10059
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
I believe him. If God has gotten interested enough to save Boxcar's soul...who's to say that God's "grace" cannot extend to the racetrack?
Another enlightening post.....Cashing tickets at BOXCAR odds.
Old 03-10-2019, 11:33 PM   #10060
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Well, I was taught that God is everywhere. I guess you're right. That has to include the racetrack.
Old 03-11-2019, 12:19 AM   #10061
hcap

Quote:
You're so boring. We've been down this road before. Don't you know that past performances are no guarantee of future performances? This little "factoid" is stated on all stock prospectuses, and applies equally to turf speculation. And the key word here is speculation.
Yes we have been down this road before, but am asking if as a "successful" wagerer, do you deny using past cause and effects correlations learned from a horses previous races, to ascertain the chances of a horse to do well today, as all of us other gamblers do?

Did Ray Taulbot, your instructor, learn from past performances including the racing program, or/and keeping his own records?

Do you even agree the major players in the multi-billion financial markets ever seek and value correlational of of past causation and past outcomes (effects) to project future outcomes? Do you understand advances in science, mathematics and engineering are also based on knowledge handed down from others who have learned from correlations over and over again?

Do any of us learn from experience?
The ordinary life of causes and effects?

The growth of all human culture has in part came about by learning from experience.

"Predictive analytics is the use of data, statistical algorithms and machine learning techniques to identify the likelihood of future outcomes based on historical data. The goal is to go beyond knowing what has happened to providing a best assessment of what will happen in the future."

Last edited by hcap; 03-11-2019 at 12:27 AM.
Old 03-11-2019, 12:25 AM   #10062
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing View Post
I am just repeating what he has always told us. Question is if he did not use past performances, or past records of some sort, what did he use?
Old 03-11-2019, 12:31 AM   #10063
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
I am just repeating what he has always told us. Question is if he did not use past performances, or past records of some sort, what did he use?

Last edited by ReplayRandall; 03-11-2019 at 12:32 AM.
Old 03-11-2019, 12:40 AM   #10064
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post

Any calculator or "system or "trainer move" requires info about previous efforts, unless you use only today's info, like post position, weight, or maybe astrology.

Last edited by hcap; 03-11-2019 at 12:45 AM.
Old 03-11-2019, 12:46 AM   #10065
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Any calculator or "system or "trainer move" requires info about previous efforts, unless you use only today's info, like post position, weight, or maybe astrology.
It was meant to be humorous....I obviously failed, my bad.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: