Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2018, 04:14 PM   #8161
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing View Post
God is laughing at anyone ignorant of ancient Jewish customs and law?
Another dishonest skeptic. Why did you omit the rest of the sentence?

Quote:
We should put that one on the top of the PA home page.
Or maybe you could just file it under "HalvBaked's Petty Posts".

Quote:
You've got to admit God has a pretty sophisticated sense of humor.
You're living proof of that. I bet you provide him with a chuckle a minute.
Old 09-05-2018, 04:22 PM   #8162
Light
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
The operative term in my last post to you was "legal". Now go back are CAREFULLY read Mat 27:3-10 to see if there's any term in that passage that correlates with "legal".

The second thing you want to ask yourself is this: Did the chief priests want to take their money back?

The third thing you want ask your ego is this: Did the chief priests keep the "blood money"?

The fourth thing you want to ask is this: If they didn't keep the money, why?

The fifth thing to ask is this: If they didn't keep the money, what did they do with it?

What is wrong with you skeptics (yes, you are one, too, Mr. Light)!? If you can't intelligently handle a short passage consisting of only 8 verses, what makes you think for a moment that you have any inkling whatsoever of what the bible's story and gospel message are!?
But what does that have to do with refuting my statement that you responded to ?
Old 09-05-2018, 05:10 PM   #8163
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
But what does that have to do with refuting my statement that you responded to ?
Only everything.

Now...think through and answer my questions and then if you have determined that the chief priests were in a legal dilemma and could not keep the money, then what could they have done to extricate themselves from this legal problem?
Old 09-05-2018, 07:26 PM   #8164
Light
Veteran

I have no idea what you are talking about. You are trying to refute what I said but you are not saying what specifically I said is wrong because you obviously can't.
Old 09-05-2018, 08:43 PM   #8165
boxcar

Quote:
I have no idea what you are talking about. You are trying to refute what I said but you are not saying what specifically I said is wrong because you obviously can't.
I haven't refuted anything! I'm trying to get you to THINK for once in your life. You rely so much on your freakin' feelings and personal experiences that you have forgotten how to THINK! You have become so visceral, you can't even process the strong clues from my questions!

Answer my questions and we'll go from there.
Old 09-05-2018, 09:11 PM   #8166
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
Another dishonest skeptic. Why did you omit the rest of the sentence?

Or maybe you could just file it under "HalvBaked's Petty Posts".

You're living proof of that. I bet you provide him with a chuckle a minute.

I figure as your responses become meaner, God will realize you are not the sort of Christian who deserves a place in the hereafter. You've certainly proven that to the people here.

I'll re-ask the question since you obviously missed the question mark. Do you actually believe God laughs at anyone ignorant of ancient Jewish customs and law? It was a serious question. I want to know if you believe God laughs at the ignorant, or maybe the clumsy. In other words you half-wit, do you think God is spiteful and petty?

Before you continue with your "Christian" cruelty, remember, what goes around, comes around.
Old 09-05-2018, 09:24 PM   #8167
Light
Veteran

Quote:
I haven't refuted anything! I'm trying to get you to THINK for once in your life. You rely so much on your freakin' feelings and personal experiences that you have forgotten how to THINK! You have become so visceral, you can't even process the strong clues from my questions!

Answer my questions and we'll go from there.
I don't need lessons on how to think. Do you realize how stupid you sound?
Old 09-05-2018, 10:32 PM   #8168
Light
Veteran

BTW, God doesn't "think", he knows.

If you need to "think" it means you don't know. So why would I want lessons in "thinking". It would mean I am being taught how to "not know".

Thinking is a lower form of intelligence and you certainly are proof of that.

This is why I say, you need to achieve "God consciousness". That is the highest form of intelligence and thinking is non existent there because thinking is too slow a "vibration" compared to knowing.
Old 09-06-2018, 09:18 AM   #8169
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing View Post
I figure as your responses become meaner, God will realize you are not the sort of Christian who deserves a place in the hereafter. You've certainly proven that to the people here.

I'll re-ask the question since you obviously missed the question mark. Do you actually believe God laughs at anyone ignorant of ancient Jewish customs and law? It was a serious question. I want to know if you believe God laughs at the ignorant, or maybe the clumsy. In other words you half-wit, do you think God is spiteful and petty?

Before you continue with your "Christian" cruelty, remember, what goes around, comes around.
He laughs at the willfully ignorant.

Ps 2:4
4 He who sits in the heavens laughs,
The Lord scoffs at them.

NASB

And never forget, Mr. HalvBaked, that just as a one-eyed man is king in the land of blind, likewise a half-wit is king in the land of nit-wits, most especially that brand of nit-wit who always thinks he's the smartest guy in any room into which he walks.
Old 09-06-2018, 09:30 AM   #8170
boxcar

Quote:
I don't need lessons on how to think. Do you realize how stupid you sound?
So, since you have finally discovered the solution to the Judas problem in Matthew 27, why don't you enlighten us with your knowledge? Whatever you do, please, do not keep us in the Dark, Mr. Light.
Old 09-06-2018, 09:36 AM   #8171
boxcar

Quote:
BTW, God doesn't "think", he knows.

If you need to "think" it means you don't know. So why would I want lessons in "thinking". It would mean I am being taught how to "not know".

Thinking is a lower form of intelligence and you certainly are proof of that.

This is why I say, you need to achieve "God consciousness". That is the highest form of intelligence and thinking is non existent there because thinking is too slow a "vibration" compared to knowing.
Wow! When are you going to write your brilliant treatise on the Wonders and Benefits to Ignorance? After all Ignorance is antithetical to Knowledge; but we finite, fallible creatures are very much unlike the infinite, infallible Creator.

But thanks for confirming what I have long suspected about you: The machinery in your attic has stopped working long ago.
Old 09-06-2018, 12:32 PM   #8172
thaskalos

There are Christian Fundamentalist websites out there which exist solely for the purpose of providing silly explanations for every possible bible contradiction that can ever be uncovered by an "unbeliever". Boxcar frequents these sites, and thus finds ways to refute every logical argument that can ever be presented to him...regardless of how "obvious" the bible contradiction there may seem.

For instance:

It clearly states in the bible that no one has ever seen God (John 1:18), (John 4:12). "No one has seen my face and lived", God declares in Exodus 33:20. But Exodus 24:10 tells us that MANY people had seen God...and that Moses had even spoken to God "face-to-face"(Exodus 33:11), (Deut. 34:10). An obvious bible contradiction...RIGHT? "Not so", say the fundamentalist sites that Boxcar visits...which then go to bizarre lengths in order to argue what the terms "seeing God", and "face-to-face" really mean.

So, you see...it is quite pointless to argue with Boxcar about anything...because he will counter with an even more pointless reply of his own, via the pointless fundamentalist websites that he holds in his arsenal.

Last edited by thaskalos; 09-06-2018 at 01:06 PM.
Old 09-06-2018, 01:06 PM   #8173
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
There are Christian Fundamentalist websites out there which exist solely for the purpose of providing silly explanations for every possible bible contradiction that can ever be uncovered by an "unbeliever". Boxcar frequents these sites, and thus finds ways to refute every logical argument that can ever be presented to him...regardless of how "obvious" the bible contradiction there may seem.

For instance:

It clearly states in the bible that no one has ever seen God (John 1:18). "No one has seen my face and lived", God declares in Exodus 33:20. But Exodus 24:10 tells us that MANY people had seen God...and that Moses had even spoken to God "face-to-face"(Deut. 34:10). An obvious bible contradiction...RIGHT? "Not so", say the fundamentalist sites that Boxcar visits...which then go to bizarre lengths in order to argue what the terms "seeing God", and "face-to-face" really mean.

So, you see...it is quite pointless to argue with Boxcar about anything...because he will counter with an even more pointless reply of his own, via the pointless fundamentalist websites that he holds in his arsenal.
I bet I don't have half the number of "fundamentalist" websites in my "arsenal" that you guys have skeptics' sites in yours.

This "contradiction" of yours is easily resolved if you understood what Jn 1:1-5 is teaching. And you also understand what Jesus taught in Jn 6:46; 14:9. But I know you'd never be able to plumb the depths of these passages and the ones you cited. So, allow me:

No one has ever seen God (the Father) in his essence, save for the Son; therefore all who have seen God in the OT have seen the preincarnate Son who never manifested himself in all God's glory; for if he had no one would have lived to tell the story.
Old 09-06-2018, 01:14 PM   #8174
thaskalos

Quote:
I bet I don't have half the number of "fundamentalist" websites in my "arsenal" that you guys have skeptics' sites in yours.

This "contradiction" of yours is easily resolved if you understood what Jn 1:1-5 is teaching. And you also understand what Jesus taught in Jn 6:46; 14:9. But I know you'd never be able to plumb the depths of these passages and the ones you cited. So, allow me:

No one has ever seen God (the Father) in his essence, save for the Son; therefore all who have seen God in the OT have seen the preincarnate Son who never manifested himself in all God's glory; for if he had no one would have lived to tell the story.
As I said...a quite pointless reply. Moses supposedly talked to God "face-to-face, as friends do"...but he never saw God "in his essence".

Why didn't John add the words "in his essence" to his own commentary at John 1:18 and John 4:12? Because he wanted to leave you with something to do thousands of years LATER?
Old 09-06-2018, 01:30 PM   #8175
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
He laughs at the willfully ignorant.
He must be laughing at you all the time.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: