Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 04-15-2020, 05:36 PM   #4471
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Not one word of fulfillment in the NT of any of the prophecies pertaining the Diaspora of 70 A.D.
Moving the goal posts! You did not use the word "fulfillment" in your post.

Quote:
Likewise, we have all these Greek writers of the NT, ...
FTFY!

Quote:
... yet not one them writes so much as a word about the Diaspora, prophecies being fulfilled -- and this was no small historical event!
No small historical event indeed. Probably common knowledge at the time. It's obvious that if the "fulfillment" is mentioned then it's clearly not prophecy but back fitting.
Old 04-15-2020, 05:40 PM   #4472
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
Have you read the book?
Yes.
Old 04-15-2020, 05:42 PM   #4473
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
But you're a good sycophant.
Ad hominem!

I am not a mushroom.

Last edited by Actor; 04-15-2020 at 05:44 PM.
Actor is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-15-2020, 06:17 PM   #4474
hcap

Quote:
I have explained it. But like all evil men, you cannot understand divine justice.
So I am evil?

Did anyone ever refer to you as a pompous ass?
Old 04-15-2020, 06:22 PM   #4475
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
Yes.
You know who my question was directed to. I realize you have.

Not boxcar. I wonder why?
Old 04-15-2020, 07:04 PM   #4476
boxcar

Quote:
Moving the goal posts! You did not use the word "fulfillment" in your post.
But I did use the term "fulfilled" a couple of times! What part of this term, didn't you get?

Quote:
FTFY!
Prove it.

Quote:
No small historical event indeed. Probably common knowledge at the time. It's obvious that if the "fulfillment" is mentioned then it's clearly not prophecy but back fitting.
Not at all. Pay attention: The NT writers often pointed to fulfilled messianc prophecies of the OT, and made a point of reminding their readers of these fulfillments.

Not only this, but OT writers often spoke to the fulfilled prophecies of the Assyrian and Babylonian invasions, reminding Israel that God makes good on his promises of retribution to his disobedient covenant people. Yet, both of these captivities together pale in comparison to what took place in 70 A.D.

Therefore, the absence of any mention of fulfilled Diaspora prophecies by the NT writers makes it highly likely that ALL the books of the NT were written before 70 A.D.
Old 04-15-2020, 07:06 PM   #4477
boxcar

Quote:
So I am evil?
That is a rhetorical question, right"

Quote:
I consider the source, which means I give it no further thought after a few seconds.
Old 04-15-2020, 10:56 PM   #4478
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
But I did use the term "fulfilled" a couple of times!
But not in the subject post. You're still moving the goal posts.

Quote:
Prove it.
Do your own research. It's accepted by most scholars. What is certain is that the entire NT was written in Greek.

Quote:
Pay attention: The NT writers often pointed to fulfilled messianc prophecies of the OT, and made a point of reminding their readers of these fulfillments.
So the whole thing is back fitted.

Quote:
Not only this, but OT writers often spoke to the fulfilled prophecies of the Assyrian and Babylonian invasions, reminding Israel that God makes good on his promises of retribution to his disobedient covenant people. Yet, both of these captivities together pale in comparison to what took place in 70 A.D.
By what standard? Just S.O.P. for the Romans, e.g., the second servile war, a.k.a. the Spartacus war. Not a unique event.

Quote:
Therefore, the absence of any mention of fulfilled Diaspora prophecies by the NT writers makes it highly likely that ALL the books of the NT were written before 70 A.D.
How about 500 B.C.E. That's according to the Epistle of Barnabas. For a more modern author there's The Jesus Puzzle by Earl Dohety.
Old 04-15-2020, 11:00 PM   #4479
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
You know who my question was directed to. I realize you have.
Sorry. I thought it was addressed to me since my quote was directly above.

Quote:
Not boxcar. I wonder why?
boxcar never reads anything that might potentially change his mind. Or that requires him to think.
Old 04-15-2020, 11:04 PM   #4480
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
boxcar never reads anything that might potentially change his mind.
YOU will change your mind before Boxcar ever does...Irrefutable FACT....

Don't even bother replying, just accept it.
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-16-2020, 02:56 AM   #4481
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pompus _Ass
have explained it. But like all evil men, you cannot understand divine justice.
So I am evil?
How come if your god deals out cruel justice to biblical figures only if they deserve it liker the Amalekites, why do non biblical ordinary innocent bystanders get clobbered as well? I am sure some are first born. Maybe your Yahweh is just staying in shape ready to carry out the next tribal massacre.

Did these children's fathers attack the Israelite's also?

"I think of a little child in east Africa with a worm burrowing through his eyeball. The worm cannot live in any other way, except by burrowing through eyeballs. I find that hard to reconcile with the notion of a divine and benevolent creator."

....David Attenborough

Last edited by hcap; 04-16-2020 at 02:59 AM.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-16-2020, 03:19 AM   #4482
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
YOU will change your mind before Boxcar ever does...Irrefutable FACT....

Don't even bother replying, just accept it.
Boxcar is in desperate need of a good deprogrammer. You might want to check if that professional has any time for a confirmed paranoid conspiracy theorist.
Old 04-16-2020, 11:45 AM   #4483
boxcar

Quote:
But not in the subject post. You're still moving the goal posts.
You're lying again. I used the term "fulfilled" twice in the "subject post".

Quote:
Do your own research. It's accepted by most scholars. What is certain is that the entire NT was written in Greek.
The burden of proof is on you. You made the claim about Greek authorship. Also, Greek was virtually the universal language throughout most of the Roman empire.

Quote:
So the whole thing is back fitted.
Your supposition. Prove it.

Quote:
By what standard? Just S.O.P. for the Romans, e.g., the second servile war, a.k.a. the Spartacus war. Not a unique event.
By this standard:

Matt 24:21-22
21 for then there will be a great tribulation , such as has not occurred since the beginning of the world until now, nor ever shall be. 22 "And unless those days had been cut short, no life would have been saved; but for the sake of the elect those days shall be cut short.
NASB

And if you're wondering what kinds of tribulation God would bring upon covenant-breaking, messiah-rejecting Israel, you could feast your eyes on Deut 28:15-68. And all this took place within a few square miles at most of 1st century Jerusalem. God's wrath was poured out on Israel in a very small, condensed area, which greatly intensified the tribulation (distress). This is how Jesus could say that it would be "great tribulation" -- unparalleled in human history -- and never to be repeated.

So...yeah...you have dated all the gospels after 70 A.D., yet not one word about the destruction of Jerusalem and temple, in spite of all the prophecies about this. Not one NT lamentation over the holy city and temple being destroyed. Very many scholars date Revelation very late -- at least 95 A.D. -- yet, John didn't utter a word either about the destruction of Jerusalem and the temple coming to past. Why didn't John write about "what is now" or "what you have seen" if the temple and Jerusalem had already been destroyed?

Rev 1:19
19 "Write, therefore, what you have seen, what is now and what will take place later.
NIV

Past - Present - Future -- Yet not a peep out of John about the greatest tragedy that has ever befallen the Jews and their Holy Land.

How about 500 B.C.E. That's according to the Epistle of Barnabas. For a more modern author there's The Jesus Puzzle by Earl Dohety.[/QUOTE]
Old 04-16-2020, 12:00 PM   #4484
boxcar

Quote:
How come if your god deals out cruel justice to biblical figures only if they deserve it liker the Amalekites, why do non biblical ordinary innocent bystanders get clobbered as well? I am sure some are first born. Maybe your Yahweh is just staying in shape ready to carry out the next tribal massacre.

Did these children's fathers attack the Israelite's also?

"I think of a little child in east Africa with a worm burrowing through his eyeball. The worm cannot live in any other way, except by burrowing through eyeballs. I find that hard to reconcile with the notion of a divine and benevolent creator."

....David Attenborough
What part of "the wages of sin is death", don't you get? Contrast this text in the context of this present evil world with the restored heavens and earth which will occur at Jesus' return, in which only the righteous will dwell:

Rev 21:1-4
21:1 Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. 2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. 4 He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."
NIV

Did you notice the last phrase in this passage? "The old order of things" will pass away because the current CURSE that is upon this present, fallen, broken world will be no more!

Rev 22:3a
3 No longer will there be any curse...
NIV
Old 04-16-2020, 01:40 PM   #4485
hcap

Quote:
What part of "the wages of sin is death", don't you get? Contrast this text in the context of this present evil world with the restored heavens and earth which will occur at Jesus' return, in which only the righteous will dwell:
Why is you can not post a coherent reply without dozens of irrelevant biblical passages, and without insulting anyone who disagrees with you? What don't you get about being human?

Are you purposely practicing your pomposity?

Not only must you explain your Yahweh murdering suckling infants and farm animals in the bible, but why your Yahweh outside the bible, created an insect which buries itself in a child's eye causing unimaginable pain, suffering and death.

How come bunky? Why would Omnipotent, Omniscient, Omnipresent and last but not least Omnibenevolent god(all-loving),.... want to create such misery?

Could it be original sin was not quite enough of a burden?

Last edited by hcap; 04-16-2020 at 01:42 PM.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply