Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Advance Deposit Wagering (ADW)

Old 03-01-2020, 08:42 PM   #496
djm1959

i see nothing new on the twinspires site....no drop down options for classic or that,,, only thing i can do with preferences is remember username-- i only see the new stuff in beta and a weblink needed to get it on my pc...

hmmmm

https://www.twinspires.com/bet/beta/...arness/1/basic
djm1959 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-01-2020, 09:05 PM   #497
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by djm1959 View Post
i see nothing new on the twinspires site....no drop down options for classic or that,,, only thing i can do with preferences is remember username-- i only see the new stuff in beta and a weblink needed to get it on my pc...

hmmmm

https://www.twinspires.com/bet/beta/...arness/1/basic
I guess only old timers will get this option....sorry dude

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (148.2 KB, 22 views)
mikesal57 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-02-2020, 07:53 AM   #498
Parson

I am not sure what interface you are trying to use, but when I log in, there is a icon on the upper right in a blue circle. if you click that, it will bring a drop down. from there select site prefrences and then click classic, express/pro or tv. it works just fine for me. But I use Twinspires for tracks I cannot bet with AMwager.
Parson is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-02-2020, 01:04 PM   #499
djm1959

well i been using twinspires since 2005 at least... maybe cause i dont bet much?? the features arent there?
djm1959 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-02-2020, 01:15 PM   #500
trifecta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parson View Post
I am not sure what interface you are trying to use, but when I log in, there is a icon on the upper right in a blue circle. if you click that, it will bring a drop down. from there select site prefrences and then click classic, express/pro or tv. it works just fine for me. But I use Twinspires for tracks I cannot bet with AMwager.
I still have the old preferences as well. Don't know why some do and some don't. I've been with Twinspires since the YouBet days. Maybe that's why?
trifecta is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-02-2020, 03:05 PM   #501
JohnGalt1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesal57 View Post
Click the "camera" icon...not the TV

you should get the HD stream

This goes to show that they CAN implement the HD into "OLD TECHNOLOGY" !!!
I did that and it brought the new HD format like you suggested. It didn't freeze once. I'll miss the old flash format because I liked the program on the side.
JohnGalt1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-02-2020, 04:48 PM   #502
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spicemaster View Post
"While playing CharlesTown last night, I chanced upon a $7 winner...but only received $6.80 for my efforts from Twinspires...even though their interface listed the mutuel return at $7. Is this a regular occurrence which I hadn't noticed before?"

Do you live in IL per chance? They have a surcharge (albeit less than the OTBs) on all bets.
I own a home in Las Vegas too...but I use my Illinois address in order to bet through the ADW outlets. I hadn't noticed the surcharge. I just looked it up now...on the bets that I've made today. Do you want to know how fvcked up Illinois is? The surcharge that they apply is 20-cents...no matter what the wager or the payoff is. If the exacta pays $100, Twinspires gives me 99.80...and if the horse pays $6 to win they give me $5.80. The win surcharge in this particular case is 16.5 times what the the exotic surcharge is. Unbelievable!
Old 03-02-2020, 05:08 PM   #503
thaskalos

Spicemaster...since you are nice enough to assist us here, could I please ask you another question?

When I make a bet using the Twinspires' Express-Pro interface, and my wager isn't accepted because the race has already gone off...I used to receive a message in red letters, telling me that my bet has been refused. Now I receive a message in black letters, telling me "Thanks for your wager. Please wait...". And this message never leaves...making it impossible for me to place another bet unless I go back and reset my track selections all over again. Why has this change been implemented?
Old 03-02-2020, 05:20 PM   #504
trifecta

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Spicemaster...since you are nice enough to assist us here, could I please ask you another question?

When I make a bet using the Twinspires' Express-Pro interface, and my wager isn't accepted because the race has already gone off...I used to receive a message in red letters, telling me that my bet has been refused. Now I receive a message in black letters, telling me "Thanks for your wager. Please wait...". And this message never leaves...making it impossible for me to place another bet unless I go back and reset my track selections all over again. Why has this change been implemented?
The same thing happens to me. Also happens if I mistakenly put in a bet, such as an exacta, for an amount less than the minimum amount required for that bet.

I have to refresh the screen and start over. Very time consuming and frustrating.
trifecta is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-02-2020, 05:54 PM   #505
Spicemaster

thaskalos and trifecta

"When I make a bet using the Twinspires' Express-Pro interface, and my wager isn't accepted because the race has already gone off...I used to receive a message in red letters, telling me that my bet has been refused. Now I receive a message in black letters, telling me "Thanks for your wager. Please wait...". And this message never leaves...making it impossible for me to place another bet unless I go back and reset my track selections all over again. Why has this change been implemented?"

It is a defect, should not operate that way, and scheduled to be fixed. I wish I had more news, but I have no idea when that will be corrected...
Spicemaster is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-02-2020, 06:40 PM   #506
mikesal57
Veteran

get the note pad out....

unless everyone jumped ship....

Attached Images
File Type: jpg download.jpg (10.4 KB, 11 views)
Old 03-03-2020, 04:51 PM   #507
CheckMark

My friends TwinSpires account looks like this...

Screen Shot 2020-03-03 at 4.50.35 PM.png

Is this different from everyone else's or am I just plain dumb? Just wanted to help with this issue and to clarify. Sorry.
Old 03-03-2020, 05:55 PM   #508
Mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheckMark View Post
My friends TwinSpires account looks like this...

Attachment 26636

Is this different from everyone else's or am I just plain dumb? Just wanted to help with this issue and to clarify. Sorry.
that page is only part of the problem, one of the bigger issues is with the classic page, most likely your not qualified to view
Mechanic is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-05-2020, 01:23 AM   #509
Parkview_Pirate

the train wreck continues....

So, TS has graciously extended access to the old Classic interface, only to see more problems - as in "file not found" when trying to place a wager via Chrome (you know, only the world's most popular browser). The new Classic is quite dysfunctional.

I give up.

Spicemaster, you're on the Titanic of ADWs. The iceberg is dead, ahead. Emphasis on dead. So many chances, so many failures. What a train wreck. In a real competitive market, TS would be so gone, so out of business.

If they want my future handle, which honestly I don't believe they do, then Twinspires would need to fire their Development Manager, their IT manager, their Chief of Operations, and - their CEO. We'd have to search high and low and never come close to find such a clown car of incompetence, in the horse racing or any other industry.

TS defines logic, but they reflect the latest trend in business - the customer (aka, the sucker), is always wrong, and comes last.

Sad.
Parkview_Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-05-2020, 01:38 AM   #510
mikesal57
Veteran

Poor Spicemaster.....

Caught in the middle

Attached Images
File Type: jpg download.jpg (7.6 KB, 6 views)