Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Contests + Other Interesting Racing Topics > Harness Racing

Old 02-17-2018, 09:23 AM   #1
Teach

Meadowlands "Survivor": Sat., February 17

Race One:

6 SHARTIN N makes her Meadowlands debut. This NZ bred ships in from DD where she’s been nothing short of sensational. I ’m not sure how the track is playing tonight as snow is in the forecast, but if all goes well this Tintin in America-bred should notch her 4th consecutive win (if she doesn’t win, we all “get voted off the island’) after shipping in from “Down Under”. Don’t expect much at the mutuels as this lass will likely go off as the prohibitive favorite. Tim Tetrick, “The Bionic Man,” returns to “The Big M”. Jim King, Jr., trains. Others: Just about everyone else in this field should be gasping for air. A few are coming off layoff qualifiers. Your guess is as good as mine. Here goes: 4 Shutthefrontdoor; 2 OK Heavenly; 1 Monica Gallagher.

Race Two:

6 BROADWAY PROMISE has been heading in the right direction. This Scott DiDomenico-trainee has hit the board in both her 2018 starts in this very company. This Broadway Hall-bred should leave. If she can find a tuck, it would put her in a good position to pounce in the stretch. Brett Miller reprises the drive. Others: 4 Derf Hanover; 2 Noble Prize; 7 Majestic Sunset.

Race Three:

6 YO APOLLO CREED. “Yo Adrian…” This is one of those “trepidation" picks. This American Ideal-bred has had some “cornering” issues. If he can overcome those, he should prevail. Yet, the operative word is: “If”. Frankly, I just don’t see anybody else. Marcus Miller is in the bike. Robert Siegelman trains. Others: 3 Long Beach; 2 Annihilation; 1 Life Happened.

Race Four:

3 JOJO JOVE is my tepid, lukewarm pick. By Jove, that was some win last week. My choice is predicated on the fact that this Mike Watson-trainee can handle the wet-going. If this Village Jove-bred can reprise last week’s effort, he becomes “a player”. A Nap is off, but the “Mighty Mite,” Jim Marohn, Jr., is in the bike. This is a step up; yet in his current sharp form... If you’re looking elsewhere… Others: 9 Six Gun; 5 Baggage Claim; 4 May I Cruise West.

Race Five:

10 GIVEN UP TERROR. Admittedly an off-the-wall, throwing darts at the dart-board, blindfolded. It’s a gambler’s throw…you get the picture. But before you say: “Tu sei pazzo!” (You’re crazy!), hear me out. I believe the track is going to be sloppy. That can change everything. It’s “The World Turned Upside Down” (what the British band played at the surrender of Cornwallis to Washington after the Battle of Yorktown). This Western Terror-bred can come from “off the tailgate”. Le Frelon Vert, Monsieur Yannick Gingras, Sorel, Quebec, Canada is an excellent driver. If the front-speed ties up and this 7-year old can work out "the trip;" it’ll be “telephone numbers”. Others: 4 Wick N, 6 Chip Walther; 8 Iwillmakeyousaywow.

Race Six:

2 DRUNKIN DESIRE A draws inside. That makes a big difference. This gives his driver, Billy “You Da” Mann, all kinds of options. He could try the “wheel route” whereby he sits up close and then wheels outside for the stretch run. A s always, he must work out the trip. This Aussie-bred’s trainer is the most capable Al Annunziata. Others: 6
P H Kenny; 8 Durant; 9 Kings Barns.

Race Seven:

7 ROCKIN RON. Will he, or won’t he? Send him, that is? That is the question. As suggested by the ace-handicapper and Meadowlands morning-line oddsmaker, Ron Brower, this may be "a tune-up". There’s “bigger fish to fry” down the road. Yet, you never know. I don’t consider this group to be an overly testing one. Not for this speedster. I don’t think it would take a lot of exertion to prevail here. It’s you’re call. Gee, I’d hate to leave this guy off my ticket. O h, one final point: If it’s a wet racetrack, all the better. Yannick Gingras for trainer Ron Burke. Others: 6 Christen Me N; 5 Western Joe; 4 Bettor’s Edge.

Race Eight:

9 AWESOMENESS gets class relief. Yet, he does have to overcome his outside post. This Mach Three-bred can fly. He’s been in the money on five out of six occasions on a wet track. He has the services of Jim Marohn, Jr. The very capable Brett Pelling trains. If this guy can pick up some “live cover” on a second-tier trip, he could tip out in the stretch and coming blazing home. If that suggested scenario plays, out, this Camluck-bred could end up in the winner’s circle. Others: 8 Hug The Wind N; 6 StarzNHeaven; 5 Sovereign Banner N.

Race Nine:

7 ELRAMA N was as game as he could be in his last. He fought tooth-and-nail right to the end. Anything resembling that stellar effort and he should grace the winner’s circle. “The Captain,” Corey Callahan, is in the sulky for trainer Mike Russo. Others: 8 Cowboy Terrier; 5 Century Churchill; 6 Alta Leroy N.

Race Ten:

6 HILLBILLY HANOVER needed that last one, his first pari-mutuel start of the year. This Dragon Again-bred has a degree of back-class. He may need another “tightener,” yet again… Again, I always look for value, or at least perceived value. If this guy’s reasonably ready, he could surprise…at a price. Tim Tetrick handles the lines for trainer Jack Franklin. Others: 1 Big Top Hanover; 7 Southwind General; 10 All Week.

"Walt, make a 'mental bet' and lose your mind." R.N.S.

"The important thing is what I think of myself."
"David and Lisa" (1962)

Teach is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-17-2018, 07:26 PM   #2
BaconLover
Formerly “Cyber”

P5 256/12347/4/456/567

Good luck!
BaconLover is offline   Reply With Quote Reply