Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Contests + Other Interesting Racing Topics > Harness Racing

Old 10-26-2022, 07:50 PM   #1
Bogo

Meadowlands Driver Choices

So with the Meadowlands taking a little break but coming back in November I did a little research on driver choices that I thought was worth sharing. Basically, I calculated about the top 10 drivers and reviewed the results for every horse they chose off to see if it really mattered.
The results I'm showing here are for all drivers combined. If you are interested in individual stats just PM me.
Horses that were chosen off won 5.2% of the time and betting all of them resulted in a return of 52 cents on the dollar. Some drivers were better than others but for the most part the numbers were similar. The most surprising was that horses Dexter Dunn chose off did the best. (7.5 win % and 95 cent return on the dollar). My guess is it has gotten to the point that Dunn's choices are so good that even a lesser driver can win with them.
These results are January- Hambo day and I will keep track of this meet coming up to see if these numbers stay consistent. Hope this helps anyone wanting to know if the driver choices really matter.
Bogo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply