Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 05-25-2022, 05:06 PM   #91
Inner Dirt

It was said by some official the evil assault rifle shot .223 rounds, those are the same diameter as a 22LR people use to shoot small varmints, the .223 round does have a lot more powder, in a small confined space that makes little difference if you are shooting at an exposed person.

Any firearm that accepts a magazine can hold as many rounds as someone
is willing to produce and market a magazine for. They make 50 round drums for 9mm pistols these days. In spite of this the left spreads misinformation about guns like wild fire. How many people know that more people are bludgeoned to death yearly than killed by all rifles and shotguns combined.

With these mass school shootings guns aren't the issue and you aren't getting rid of them anyway. You have to look at the causes and become proactive instead of reactive. What have all these after the fact investigations helped, they haven't.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-25-2022, 05:40 PM   #92
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Why? Because he showed a lot more compassion for the children and teachers who were killed then your stupid-ass dementia-riddled President?
He showed zero compassion. He used the president’s speech to push his discredited agenda about Biden’s dementia.
Old 05-25-2022, 05:41 PM   #93
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Wrong, as usual

Quote:
"People Killer"

Oh my...how dramatic. As if the guns for all those activities you listed above aren't also "People Killers"

I love you guys. Just give up stuff willingly because there are a few people in this world who can't handle them.

The vast, vast majority of the owners of "People Killers" don't go around shooting up elementary schools or anyplace else full of people.

OK. Ban that gun he used yesterday.

Then what? Another miserable human being comes along with a less powerful gun and only kills 10 kids instead of 20?

Then what? Ban that too?
Some guns are designed for hunting (non human) animals. Yes, they can be used to kill people but that's not what they were intended for.
An assault rifle on the other hand....well, what's that made for?

Are you in favor of legalizing ownership of fully automatic weapons?
Anyone can walk around with an uzi under their sport coat?

Last edited by PhantomOnTour; 05-25-2022 at 05:42 PM.
PhantomOnTour is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-25-2022, 05:55 PM   #94
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

This is a societal problem. Not a gun problem.

Instruments of death from rocks to hammers to knitting needles to knives to bats to bombs to guns to nuclear weapons....take your pick...

Banning one type of deadly instrument does nothing to change the societal rot we've been experiencing the last 30-50 years.
Old 05-25-2022, 06:15 PM   #95
Inner Dirt

Quote:

Instruments of death from rocks to hammers to knitting needles to knives to bats to bombs to guns to nuclear weapons....take your pick...

Banning one type of deadly instrument does nothing to change the societal rot we've been experiencing the last 30-50 years.

I think the biggest part of the problem is medicating every other kid and the trend toward raising kids who are helpless hatchlings. The more the school system, and the mainstream media leans, the more mass shootings and young people committing suicide we have. Is there a connection? The way some of these liberal parents think boggle the mind. I have seen a good many of help way too much with a kid's homework to the point mom should have got the diploma. I have known 20 year olds whose mom still cleaned up after them.

When these fragile people are met with a situation mommy can't bail them out of, they crack, and some lash out violently.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-25-2022, 06:26 PM   #96
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
You can't really ban a AR15.

Mechanically its not any different than any other semiautomatic in the market today. A couple of manufacturers probably still make some recoil operated semis (Browning?) but you can't really legislate away simple mechanics.

Bullet goes down the barrel. Towards the end of the barrel there is a hole with a tube attached. The expanding gas in the barrel travels back down the tube pushing the action back to cycle another round.

When people talk about banning AR15s they're really just talking a "look" and then you get non-sensical laws like what California has.

Gun control needs to focus on education, registration, waiting periods, and background checks.
And add stop the nonsense of no bail.
And, how many millions of $$$ were given to schools to inprove ventilation in schools that were never used? Make all schools account for every penny and then use it to make schools safer. No excuses. Schools are soft targets.Make them hard. Gun control is not going to stop mass shootings anytime soon. Too many guns out there. But dipshit Biden has no clue. Nor do any democrats.
Old 05-25-2022, 06:29 PM   #97
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Oh no it was the evil assault rifle's fault. You need to just STFU and stop talking about subjects you know nothing about. Please explain how an assault rifle with a standard magazine would have magical killing power over lets say a .22 caliber rifle with a 100 round drum attached to it. Please give all the details as it pertains to a mass shooting inside school buildings. All you do is parrot uneducated liberal talking points, while insulting others intelligence.
Maybe Mosty can post links to stories that tell us that prosecutors have put put guns on trial and courts have found them guilty of murder.

He's another meathead with no connection to reality.

Last edited by boxcar; 05-25-2022 at 06:32 PM.
boxcar is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-25-2022, 06:31 PM   #98
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:

So, are you in favor of legalizing ownership of fully automatic weapons?
Old 05-25-2022, 06:42 PM   #99
myohmyjustify

Quote:
I think the biggest part of the problem is medicating every other kid and the trend toward raising kids who are helpless hatchlings. The more the school system, and the mainstream media leans, the more mass shootings and young people committing suicide we have. Is there a connection? The way some of these liberal parents think boggle the mind. I have seen a good many of help way too much with a kid's homework to the point mom should have got the diploma. I have known 20 year olds whose mom still cleaned up after them.

When these fragile people are met with a situation mommy can't bail them out of, they crack, and some lash out violently.
This, and more. Way more.

Nibble on the below article. PA Mike mentioned about it in one of the earlier posts in this thread. No one added to it, to no surprise. Then the above thanks to Inner Dirt. Debating the merits of assault rifles, policing schools, yada yada yada ... is an exercise in futility.

This all began plus-30 years ago when every young boy who twitches, get a dose of ritilin and other drugs, creating a generation of (today's) killers.

We shouldn't be suing Remington and the gun makers, we should sue Pfizer, Merck, etc., etc. This is a great article. Says it all, to me anyway.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...300618265.html
myohmyjustify is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-25-2022, 06:42 PM   #100
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomOnTour View Post
So, are you in favor of legalizing ownership of fully automatic weapons?
Half the population already thinks we have legal fully automatic weapons...like that scary AR-15...so what does it matter?

I'm a nobody.

I'm the guy that ely shits on 100%

So what do you care what I think?

I'm the biggest dope here

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 05-25-2022 at 06:43 PM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-25-2022, 06:47 PM   #101
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

I just like to point out we don't think enough about the first responders and the medical examiners/morgue personnel who have to witness the horror story that was the aftermath of yesterday's slaughter of children.

I don't know how they go on with their jobs after witnessing that kind of thing and having to clear that scene.
Old 05-25-2022, 06:50 PM   #102
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
Half the population already thinks we have legal fully automatic weapons...like that scary AR-15...so what does it matter?

I'm a nobody.

I'm the guy that ely shits on 100%

So what do you care what I think?

I'm the biggest dope here

It's really a simple yes or no question.
Why so much difficulty answering it?

Old 05-25-2022, 06:50 PM   #103
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
And add stop the nonsense of no bail.
And, how many millions of $$$ were given to schools to inprove ventilation in schools that were never used? Make all schools account for every penny and then use it to make schools safer. No excuses. Schools are soft targets.Make them hard. Gun control is not going to stop mass shootings anytime soon. Too many guns out there. But dipshit Biden has no clue. Nor do any democrats.
Look man....

Both sides have issues but only one repeatedly stonewalls even the barest of precautions.

Universal background checks can't even get passed...

I disagree with what every liberal/democrat/whatever has mostly said in this thread but I get their frustration when even the simplest most common sense stuff can't even get to a vote.
Old 05-25-2022, 06:52 PM   #104
elysiantraveller

Quote:
It was said by some official the evil assault rifle shot .223 rounds, those are the same diameter as a 22LR people use to shoot small varmints, the .223 round does have a lot more powder, in a small confined space that makes little difference if you are shooting at an exposed person.
There is a lot more to it than this...

I agree the .223/5.56 is not some wunderwaffen round and that's its relatively mild but comparing it to .22LR in any situation is a pretty big stretch.
Old 05-25-2022, 06:54 PM   #105
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomOnTour View Post
It's really a simple yes or no question.
Why so much difficulty answering it?

'cause i'm a big fat dummy