Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 05-25-2022, 01:46 PM   #76
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomOnTour View Post
You wanna hunt? Fine
You wanna target shoot with your pistol? Fine
You wanna have a gun for home protection? Fine
You wanna own a people killer like that AR-15? GFY
"People Killer"

Oh my...how dramatic. As if the guns for all those activities you listed above aren't also "People Killers"

I love you guys. Just give up stuff willingly because there are a few people in this world who can't handle them.

The vast, vast majority of the owners of "People Killers" don't go around shooting up elementary schools or anyplace else full of people.

OK. Ban that gun he used yesterday.

Then what? Another miserable human being comes along with a less powerful gun and only kills 10 kids instead of 20?

Then what? Ban that too?
Old 05-25-2022, 01:47 PM   #77
Elkchester Road

Quote:
Oh my, I've offended the gun bitches by using the wrong terminology for that thing that holds the bullets. Stop the presses!

Settle down Exy.
The facts are that the guy in Norway didn't have a bomb, and he didn't plow through a crowd in his car...he had a bow and arrow.
The dude in Texas had a semi-automatic rifle capable of firing a bullet as fast as he could repeatedly squeeze the trigger.

The analogy was beyond weak.
Why do you think the guy in Norway didn't have the same weapon as the kid in Texas....hmmmm?

You gonna answer the question I asked earlier or not...if the guy in Norway had a semi-automatic rifle do you think he would have killed more or less than five people?
Let me ask you a question. How do you anti-gun people plan to enforce any restrictions to gun ownership on Criminals with Illegal Guns? The answer that you either have...or don't have, to this question is exactly why you or anybody in Government is wasting their time getting red-faced about this issue.

Thankfully, there are enough guns out there people like you will stay in check.
Old 05-25-2022, 01:50 PM   #78
OntheRail

Quote:
This is your rebuttal?

What an idiot.
Imagine if he had a semi-automatic rifle capable of holding (at least) a 30 round clip? Do you think he would have killed more or less than five people?

Just take a guess...

The point is it's not the object it's the person misusing it to harm others.

And imagine if any of those law abiding citizens in Norway had a defensive weapon say a handgun. Robbin Hood would not of been able to shoot at people like fish in a barrel for fifteen minutes. And he had 60 plus arrows to fill his quiver with... plus knives. He knew there was no threat to him from the get go... just like the sick fuck in Texas knew the elementary school was a gun free zone.

But let me say it again... it's not the tool in hand that is the issue. It's the tool with the hands. Hell if someone is so inclined they could kill you with a pencil or beat you to death with your keyboard. So as knee jerkers like to say 'if it saved one life we must do it"... so toss your keyboard and burn your pencils the life you save maybe your own

A little more truth for you... this is a direct result of liberal policies. Soft on crime... weak on mental illness, drug and alcohol abuse.

Last edited by OntheRail; 05-25-2022 at 01:55 PM.
OntheRail is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-25-2022, 01:51 PM   #79
Elkchester Road

Quote:
Cigarettes and alcohol mainly kill the user, and there are increasing bans on cigarette use in public areas (such as bars).

As far as I know, and please correct me if I'm wrong, reckless driving and driving while drunk are already illegal, no?
I'm not trying to ban all guns (not even close), but I am all for banning these semi-automatic style rifles than can kill an entire classroom full of kids in under 30 seconds.
What's the justification for owning a weapon like that? So you can hold off the government when they eventually come for you? So you can fend off the Russians or the Chinese when they inevitably invade us?

In Texas, you need to be 21 to buy a handgun but at age 18 you can legally purchase the type of rifle that was used in the school shooting.
WTF kinda logic is that?
Those guns are made to do one thing...kill a lot of people in a short amount of time, and that's exactly what they do. Yeah, let's have people walking around with those strapped to their shoulder.
Ridiculous.

You wanna hunt? Fine
Talk to YOUR "Leaders" about this. It ain't like they haven't had a chance to enact Policies to deal with this. Never mind...these are the same "Leaders" who are notoriously soft of Criminals who commit crimes with these very dreaded weapons.
Old 05-25-2022, 01:53 PM   #80
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by OntheRail View Post
The point is it's not the object it's the person misusing it to harm others.

And imagine if any of those law abiding citizens in Norway had a defensive weapon say a handgun. Robbin Hood would not of been able to shoot at people like fish in s barrel for fifteen minutes. And he had 60 plus arrows to fill his quiver with... plus knives. He knew there was no threat to him from the get go... just like the sick fuck in Texas knew the elementary school was a gun free zone.

But let me say it again... it's not the tool in hand that is the issue. It's the tool with the hands. Hell if someone it so inclined the could kill you with a pencil or beat you to death with your keyboard. So as knee jerkers like to say 'if it saved one life we must do it"... so toss your keyboard and burn your pencils the life you save maybe your own

A little more truth for you... this is a direct result of liberal policies. Soft on crime... weak on mental illness, drug and alcohol abuse.
All of what you said just sailed way over POT's head. Far too deep for him. Logic hardly ever resonates with a liberal.
Old 05-25-2022, 01:54 PM   #81
xtb

Quote:
Cigarettes and alcohol mainly kill the user, and there are increasing bans on cigarette use in public areas (such as bars).

As far as I know, and please correct me if I'm wrong, reckless driving and driving while drunk are already illegal, no?
I'm not trying to ban all guns (not even close), but I am all for banning these semi-automatic style rifles than can kill an entire classroom full of kids in under 30 seconds.
What's the justification for owning a weapon like that? So you can hold off the government when they eventually come for you? So you can fend off the Russians or the Chinese when they inevitably invade us?

In Texas, you need to be 21 to buy a handgun but at age 18 you can legally purchase the type of rifle that was used in the school shooting.
WTF kinda logic is that?
Those guns are made to do one thing...kill a lot of people in a short amount of time, and that's exactly what they do. Yeah, let's have people walking around with those strapped to their shoulder.
Ridiculous.

You wanna hunt? Fine
You need to simmer down.
xtb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-25-2022, 02:07 PM   #82
elysiantraveller

You can't really ban a AR15.

Mechanically its not any different than any other semiautomatic in the market today. A couple of manufacturers probably still make some recoil operated semis (Browning?) but you can't really legislate away simple mechanics.

Bullet goes down the barrel. Towards the end of the barrel there is a hole with a tube attached. The expanding gas in the barrel travels back down the tube pushing the action back to cycle another round.

When people talk about banning AR15s they're really just talking a "look" and then you get non-sensical laws like what California has.

Gun control needs to focus on education, registration, waiting periods, and background checks.

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 05-25-2022 at 02:16 PM.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-25-2022, 02:53 PM   #83
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
He had a fucking assault rifle. How much time does it take to kill 20 people with an assault rifle. And he was wearing body armor.

Oh no it was the evil assault rifle's fault. You need to just STFU and stop talking about subjects you know nothing about. Please explain how an assault rifle with a standard magazine would have magical killing power over lets say a .22 caliber rifle with a 100 round drum attached to it. Please give all the details as it pertains to a mass shooting inside school buildings. All you do is parrot uneducated liberal talking points, while insulting others intelligence.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-25-2022, 02:58 PM   #84
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karakorum Kabbage View Post

Screw Steve Kerr, he is a cookie cutter modern liberal. I was waiting for his dumb ass to start blaming the guns, it took him longer than I thought.
Old 05-25-2022, 03:05 PM   #85
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Question...the Lt Gov talks about how there's been these past school shootings in Texas...how they've done stuff to try and prevent it from happening again and obviously they have to do more...

How did this shooter just waltz into the school?

Here where I live, you can't get into a school when classes are running during the day...doors are all locked and you have to be buzzed in...do they not have that kind of security in Texas where the Lt. Gov just said they've had past shootings which they've learned from and tried to prevent in the future?

And how does law enforcement, which sounds like it was in "hot pursuit" of this guy...who crashes his car outside the school...how do they let him get into that building carrying a rifle and wearing tactical gear without doing everything they can to stop him? ie. shooting him...I just can't wrap my head around how so many things that could have stopped this guy failed to do so...

I believe all this anti law enforcement, pro criminal agenda that 1/2 the public has in their heads may have something to do with it. Unfortunately even a cop shooting an armed perp is guilty until proven innocent these days. That has to be in the back of a cop's mind these days.
Old 05-25-2022, 03:14 PM   #86
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
I believe all this anti law enforcement, pro criminal agenda that 1/2 the public has in their heads may have something to do with it. Unfortunately even a cop shooting an armed perp is guilty until proven innocent these days. That has to be in the back of a cop's mind these days.
Turns out the maniac crashing his car is what triggered the police response...so....fog of war and all that...they weren't actually chasing him before he crashed his car (I don't think)
Old 05-25-2022, 03:15 PM   #87
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post
Two things…

Unless you are military there shouldn’t be access to firearms until 21.

Parents should be 100% responsible for their children’s actions.

That is a 100% ridiculous statement. Some people are born evil or turn evil all on their own. I have seen 3 kids all raised the same, two turn out good one turns out bad. I have a nephew who just got out of 8 years in prison, he is nothing but evil gutter trash with a fried brain. He got kicked out of High School for attacking a small elderly female teacher. So his mother should be held responsible for that? Everything under the sun has been tried on that piece of crap, nothing works. I just hope he is killed before he kills someone.
Old 05-25-2022, 04:37 PM   #88
jocko699
Resurrectionist

Continues to be used by politicians. Of course Beto O'Rourke is to politics in Texas what Jimmy is to this site............Irrelevant.

https://news.yahoo.com/uvalde-texas-...183417910.html
Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.
jocko699 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-25-2022, 04:58 PM   #89
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Beta
Old 05-25-2022, 05:00 PM   #90
jocko699
Resurrectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Beta
Beta male, or simply beta, is a slang term for men derived from the designation for beta animals in ethology, along with its counterpart, alpha male. The term has been used as a pejorative self-identifier among members of manosphere communities, particularly incels, who do not believe they are assertive or traditionally masculine, and feel overlooked by women. It is also used to negatively describe other men who are not assertive, particularly in heterosexual relationships
Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.
jocko699 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply