Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Old 10-19-2022, 11:08 AM   #46
BroadwayJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhaney0423 View Post
Mike, this.software simply isn't for everyone. There are no "rules" to using Valuecapper and Michael Pizzolla actively discourages rules. It is simply a tool and one vould probably do just about as well with any tool, including HTR, Dave Schwartz' software or any software for that matter. For me, the price tag of it forced me to kind of stick with it when I hit some proverbial walls rather than jumping to the next great free software.

What Pizzolla does preach, that I have not necessarily seen anywhere else is to demand value and wait for your price. It is not ever about picking winners, it's about making money.

I will say that if you are not disciplined, you can lose.money hand over fist with Valuecapper, simply because you are bettingLongshot. You have to acquire kind of a feel for which ones deserve a bet and which ones dont......I'm still working on that as I tend to bet too.many races still, but I have at least managed a positive ROI for the last 4 years.
I commend you Matt on this....not easy to do these days...

Plus your a good guy and deserves it!!!

Mike
BroadwayJoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-19-2022, 11:54 AM   #47
wiretowire68

Why? Well for one, I said it before. It takes alot of the work out of doing your own work and for me personally part of the fun of from my perspective, doing the handicapping and using your own gut feeling is still the best feeling I get from playing the game. The game despite what people think being the same does keep evolving, the training patterns have changed in terms of longer layoffs, and but it basically comes down to doing it myself. Michael is one of the nicest men I have had the pleasure to listen to in terms of his philosophy, his passion and his willingness to always answer and discuss. Some people during these times also have money problems that have nothing to do with horse racing. It is not cheap and although players have had sucess using it in tournament player, for me sometimes, it can confuse your decision process. Maybe it is a point of being stubborn, or maybe I have learned to do things my own way while I have learned from the pioneers. Hope that satisfies your curiosity.
wiretowire68 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-19-2022, 12:10 PM   #48
BroadwayJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiretowire68 View Post
Why? Well for one, I said it before. It takes alot of the work out of doing your own work and for me personally part of the fun of from my perspective, doing the handicapping and using your own gut feeling is still the best feeling I get from playing the game. The game despite what people think being the same does keep evolving, the training patterns have changed in terms of longer layoffs, and but it basically comes down to doing it myself. Michael is one of the nicest men I have had the pleasure to listen to in terms of his philosophy, his passion and his willingness to always answer and discuss. Some people during these times also have money problems that have nothing to do with horse racing. It is not cheap and although players have had sucess using it in tournament player, for me sometimes, it can confuse your decision process. Maybe it is a point of being stubborn, or maybe I have learned to do things my own way while I have learned from the pioneers. Hope that satisfies your curiosity.
I totally get it what your trying to accomplish....

Since you started with Google Sheets and into Alldata then to other projects

I would have gone that route too.....

But I don't understand going to VC ...many posts on here could have given you

some sort of how the program plays and it wasn't what you wanted....

A better choice would have been JCapper for the program and the data files

which you could have used in many others , including Sheets and Alldata

I hope you can get your money back if you do bail out...

Mike
Old 10-19-2022, 12:15 PM   #49
mikeb

[QUOTE=mhaney0423;2834554] Michael responds personally most of the time within a few hours. Not sure what email you are writing to.

what is the right address or phone number?
been trying to get in touch by phone and email with no response.
thanks
mikeb
mikeb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-19-2022, 12:34 PM   #50
wiretowire68

I have not decided to bail, Using google sheets and Allways is my way of expanding my own knowledge...The man is sucessful and I can still keep it and use it as a tool but I using other's knowledge and numbers and developing my own is just as rewarding. I have started to teach myself how to program and come up with #s and test. It truly is a very rewarding particularly when you do the work and pick the right horse...I have no idea what Valuecapper did yesterday in terms of Parx race # 9 but I did all the work and my gut said the # 3 and he won the race at 6-1...you know morning line is 8-1..Is it an overlay..maybe maybe not...but what I have done is too cover all the bases with the pioneers and use things like post position %s variants etc. I wanted to understand how the pioneers came up with these numbers in order to be sucessful and hope somehow that it works for me. It is a hell of a lot of work. I just do not want to spit it out but like Dave Scwartz idea of being able to do the work on the computer quick enough and still be able to take that gut feeling right up to post, that is the challenge.
Old 10-19-2022, 12:46 PM   #51
mhaney0423

[quote=mikeb;2836068]
Quote:
Michael responds personally most of the time within a few hours. Not sure what email you are writing to.

what is the right address or phone number?
been trying to get in touch by phone and email with no response.
thanks
mikeb
Michael@posttimedaily.com
mhaney0423 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-19-2022, 12:50 PM   #52
wiretowire68

The Jets are going to be really good, they finally decided to let someone stick around and let him build a team, the coach is an excellent football guy.
Old 10-19-2022, 12:51 PM   #53
mhaney0423

Quote:
I have not decided to bail, Using google sheets and Allways is my way of expanding my own knowledge...The man is sucessful and I can still keep it and use it as a tool but I using other's knowledge and numbers and developing my own is just as rewarding. I have started to teach myself how to program and come up with #s and test. It truly is a very rewarding particularly when you do the work and pick the right horse...I have no idea what Valuecapper did yesterday in terms of Parx race # 9 but I did all the work and my gut said the # 3 and he won the race at 6-1...you know morning line is 8-1..Is it an overlay..maybe maybe not...but what I have done is too cover all the bases with the pioneers and use things like post position %s variants etc. I wanted to understand how the pioneers came up with these numbers in order to be sucessful and hope somehow that it works for me. It is a hell of a lot of work. I just do not want to spit it out but like Dave Scwartz idea of being able to do the work on the computer quick enough and still be able to take that gut feeling right up to post, that is the challenge.
LOL, you seem to think the same as Valuecapper, nice job!!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Parx9 101922.jpg (461.1 KB, 47 views)
Old 10-19-2022, 12:52 PM   #54
wiretowire68

Hey Dave around what month will your 2023 Pars be ready?
Old 10-19-2022, 01:09 PM   #55
mikeb

thanks matt
mikeb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-19-2022, 01:09 PM   #56
BroadwayJoe

Quote:
LOL, you seem to think the same as Valuecapper, nice job!!
Hey Matt....

You wouldn't have bet that 3 unless he was 15-1 Correct?
Old 10-19-2022, 01:18 PM   #57
wiretowire68

That is what Valuecapper is suppose to do? that is where the discipline comes in?????? If you do not think 15$ in change is a good investment and when you look at the software, unless your an all type of person in your exotics, you would not catch this because it is not 15-1 and the 1 horse is under the Arc ...so it is not considered valuecapping.
Old 10-19-2022, 01:20 PM   #58
BroadwayJoe

Quote:
That is what Valuecapper is suppose to do? that is where the discipline comes in?????? If you do not think 15$ in change is a good investment and when you look at the software, unless your an all type of person in your exotics, you would not catch this because it is not 15-1 and the 1 horse is under the Arc ...so it is not considered valuecapping.
I thought so

I would be steaming....LOL
Old 10-19-2022, 02:06 PM   #59
mhaney0423

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post
Hey Matt....

You wouldn't have bet that 3 unless he was 15-1 Correct?
13-1 is the software's suggestion, I sometimes will go below that if there is a good reason in my opinion. In this case, I would not have bet this horse to win in a 7 horse arc at less than the 13-1.

If I'm watching live I may have bet a / exacta and probably wouldve reversed it also / which wouldve been a $24 investment. I sometimes will try to catch a big exacta in these arc 6 and arc 7 races by using the top two choices on the oddsline (provided they are both >5-1 coupled with all of the exotic pattern horses (ExP)

This has worked well for me this year as I am actually in the red on my win bets this year but well in the black for my exactas and trifectas, only issue is, I can only bet these if Im watching the board, which is rare.

At any rate, I did not bet this race so its all hypothetical, but obviously the thought and the hope would have been to get the second on the line 5 (at 33-1) in the exacta preferrably with the 3 in which case Id have the $1 exacta 2x.
It wouldnt have gone as planned but I would have gotten a $151.90 consolation prize.
Old 10-19-2022, 02:09 PM   #60
mhaney0423

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post
I thought so

I would be steaming....LOL
I dont start steaming anymore at all, well maybe a little when my 15-1 goes off at 14-1 and wins like a champ, and maybe even more so when my 20-1 horse goes off at 15-1 when the gate opens and then goes up to 25-1 on the turn and wins for fun... life is too short, its all in fun