Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Old 10-12-2022, 09:18 PM   #31
BroadwayJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnA View Post
I had used that service for years and was using it when I threw in the towel.
It was always first rate and Ken Massa's help was great.

I was never into data mining with the Access Data Base program. The Robot had great functionality but you get into problems of "curve fitting." It's the concept that "if you torture data points long enough, they'll tell you anything."

Since you're a HTR subscriber, you know what we're dealing with. Betting every horse over a year, Massa's "all burger", should result in a loss of around 18% - the take. In reality, the loss is 25%. The extra 7% is the "rebate player tax." The other problem is that the "dumb money" has gone to lotteries and sports betting. You're competing against knowledgeable people and they don't miss much. F1 used to be a killer until these players figured it out, bet it, and took away the wager value.

Bottom Line: If looking for "logical" horses doesn't work anymore, why not try a different approach? Hence, my interest in Pizzolla's program.

P.S. Saw the K1 long shot at Lethbridge. The problem there is that the WPS pools on the race only totaled $4,192.00. Even a $20 bet could lower the win odds there. There's always a kicker in this game.
Thx John......You absolutely hit it on the head !!

No-one is going to be a winner better power figures ...like HTR K Rating
no matter which way you go about it your not getting better than the .82-.86 ROI on the top choice that it gives you....that is why its best to go into it via situation handicapping which VC is geared to with Michael P's teachings.....

Like I've said before $1800 is a tough pill to swallow to find out that you could have done the same with another software for a lot less.
There is NO software that is the best ....and there should not be a price tag that high to pay for it....

The Robot is a good tool but I use Excel and its mathematical prowess to enhance my factors selections ....it gives a more scientific approach to things. I have produced a few spot plays using back data and tested them going forward ...like the one above......with good results...

I think you know this..... at the yearly NHC Contest there are 10-15 HTR users in it.....It is/has been written about it in many of Ken's HTR Newsletters over the years

Must be doing something right

Mike
BroadwayJoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-12-2022, 09:47 PM   #32
Speed Figure
DJ M.Walk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post
Thx John......You absolutely hit it on the head !!

No-one is going to be a winner better power figures ...like HTR K Rating
no matter which way you go about it your not getting better than the .82-.86 ROI on the top choice that it gives you....that is why its best to go into it via situation handicapping which VC is geared to with Michael P's teachings.....

Like I've said before $1800 is a tough pill to swallow to find out that you could have done the same with another software for a lot less.
There is NO software that is the best ....and there should not be a price tag that high to pay for it....

The Robot is a good tool but I use Excel and its mathematical prowess to enhance my factors selections ....it gives a more scientific approach to things. I have produced a few spot plays using back data and tested them going forward ...like the one above......with good results...

I think you know this..... at the yearly NHC Contest there are 10-15 HTR users in it.....It is/has been written about it in many of Ken's HTR Newsletters over the years

Must be doing something right

Mike
You should also know at the NHC some Contest winner's have been Black Magic/Value Capper users also! From what I know Michael is not a programmer! He has hired MR.X to do the programming and that costs money! Ken does all the programming himself so there's no outside costs for that. The software comes with months of data so you wouldn’t even need to purchase the unlimited data plan. You could simply use the data that comes with the software for your evaluation. He says he offers a 60 day money back guarantee if you don't like it!
Speed Figure is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-12-2022, 10:44 PM   #33
BroadwayJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Figure View Post
You should also know at the NHC some Contest winner's have been Black Magic/Value Capper users also! From what I know Michael is not a programmer! He has hired MR.X to do the programming and that costs money! Ken does all the programming himself so there's no outside costs for that. The software comes with months of data so you wouldn’t even need to purchase the unlimited data plan. You could simply use the data that comes with the software for your evaluation. He says he offers a 60 day money back guarantee if you don't like it!
thx....that does help
Old 10-13-2022, 08:52 AM   #34
BroadwayJoe

Quote:
thx....that does help
So John....

If you do decide to try VC.....

1...Make sure of the return policy and if there's any re-stock fee

2...Make sure you have plenty of time to watch ALL the videos

3..Get into forum and see hows the traffic...in my experience people just answer basic questions ..NOT revealing any secrets is the norm

2 months is a very short time to watch and apply

in my experience 3-6 months is the norm for the learning process like this

Keep us up to date

Mike
Old 10-13-2022, 04:45 PM   #35
lefty359

Quote:
With that amount to lay out and no guarantee is a tough pill to swallow...

I don't understand why not because he has the ability to shut it down like you've experienced...

If you send it back within 30 days Michael will refund your money
lefty359 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-13-2022, 04:49 PM   #36
BroadwayJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty359 View Post
If you send it back within 30 days Michael will refund your money

thx left

30 or 60 days..... its still tough to evaluate
Old 10-18-2022, 10:46 PM   #37
wiretowire68

Are you still interested

or looking at purchasing this software? What would you be willing to pay. I do own it and might be looking to sell.
wiretowire68 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-19-2022, 07:37 AM   #38
BroadwayJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiretowire68 View Post
or looking at purchasing this software? What would you be willing to pay. I do own it and might be looking to sell.
Would you like to tell us why your selling it?

thx
Old 10-19-2022, 08:19 AM   #39
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Would you like to tell us why your selling it?

thx
The same reason a divorced person can be despised by their ex but be worshipped as a soulmate by their new love?

For some, it just doesn't work anymore...for whatever reason. It isn't always the divorced person's fault.
Old 10-19-2022, 08:37 AM   #40
BroadwayJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
The same reason a divorced person can be despised by their ex but be worshipped as a soulmate by their new love?

For some, it just doesn't work anymore...for whatever reason. It isn't always the divorced person's fault.
Just curious on how hard he tried to make it work..

Like does he cheat and play races that he shouldn't

Did he go thru ALL the videos

Did he look for help from MP

Did he give it a fair shake....

just a few
Old 10-19-2022, 09:03 AM   #41
headhawg
crusty old guy

Read his other posts, Mike, and then consider the source.
Old 10-19-2022, 09:15 AM   #42
BroadwayJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by headhawg View Post
ok ...different threads ....thx Brian
Old 10-19-2022, 09:22 AM   #43
BroadwayJoe

O...I C now.....print too small

I hope he can his money back
Old 10-19-2022, 09:30 AM   #44
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by headhawg View Post
I was trying my best to be nice. BELIEVE ME...I thought about typing something completely different.
Old 10-19-2022, 10:35 AM   #45
mhaney0423

Quote:
Just curious on how hard he tried to make it work..

Like does he cheat and play races that he shouldn't

Did he go thru ALL the videos

Did he look for help from MP

Did he give it a fair shake....

just a few
Mike, this.software simply isn't for everyone. There are no "rules" to using Valuecapper and Michael Pizzolla actively discourages rules. It is simply a tool and one vould probably do just about as well with any tool, including HTR, Dave Schwartz' software or any software for that matter. For me, the price tag of it forced me to kind of stick with it when I hit some proverbial walls rather than jumping to the next great free software.

What Pizzolla does preach, that I have not necessarily seen anywhere else is to demand value and wait for your price. It is not ever about picking winners, it's about making money.

I will say that if you are not disciplined, you can lose.money hand over fist with Valuecapper, simply because you are bettingLongshot. You have to acquire kind of a feel for which ones deserve a bet and which ones dont......I'm still working on that as I tend to bet too.many races still, but I have at least managed a positive ROI for the last 4 years.
mhaney0423 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply