Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 03-30-2017, 08:06 PM   #31
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
There is a great deal of logic to it. Using data, not anecdotes. we find that incarceration rates among illegal immigrants is much lower than among native born Americans of a similar education level. We also find that in sanctuary cities, illegal immigrants are much more likely to report a crime, cooperate in a police investigation, send their kids to school and avail themselves of community services than they are in situations where they are fearful of deportation.

They are also more likely to find and keep a job. Which means they pay taxes. Which means they help to pay for those community services they avail themselves of.

On the other hand we have the conservative logic which says everyone but me is a freeloader and unworthy of serious consideration.
Such horseshit. You once again buy the government numbers and line. There is a huge underground economy built around the illegal community. More likely to find and keep a job? More likely than who? Most pay no taxes unless you count gas taxes at the pump. They suck the hell out of the food stamp line and the various other handouts. They don't buy car insurance unless they are dogged by a court. They make up a huge portion of the prison system. Somewhere between 20-30% depending on who you believe.

This 3% of the population makes up 12% of the murder convictions in the United States. THINK ABOUT THAT NUMBER. It doesn't include unsolved crimes, crimes where they bailed out and fled back to Mexico etc. That is convictions only. CONVICTIONS AND SOLVED CRIMES ONLY. In sanctuary cities murder cases are solved in the 48-52% range. Think about that.

This doesn't even consider the bullshit number of 11-12 million illegals in the U.S. I have been told by ICE officers that it's at least double that.

So you come in here spouting your government provided bullshit once again. Btw, we didn't even get into how more likely they are to kill cops.........or maim or injure them. They cover up those numbers too.......
Old 03-30-2017, 08:26 PM   #32
letswastemoney

It's not a country unless we can control our own borders. There is no argument against that.

If we can't control our own borders, then we belong to Mexico and the world. They decide our borders apparently.
letswastemoney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-30-2017, 08:51 PM   #33
davew

Quote:
There is a great deal of logic to it. Using data, not anecdotes. we find that incarceration rates among illegal immigrants is much lower than among native born Americans of a similar education level. We also find that in sanctuary cities, illegal immigrants are much more likely to report a crime, cooperate in a police investigation, send their kids to school and avail themselves of community services than they are in situations where they are fearful of deportation.

They are also more likely to find and keep a job. Which means they pay taxes. Which means they help to pay for those community services they avail themselves of.

On the other hand we have the conservative logic which says everyone but me is a freeloader and unworthy of serious consideration.

Have you advertised on craigslist that you have a 'sanctuary house' - so undocumented can come and live with you, until they become citizens?

I know Michael Moore volunteered his 'houses' for refugees needing a place to hang, until they get their lives back in order,
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-30-2017, 09:11 PM   #34
Jess Hawsen Arown

Per a link I provided in another thread I initiated,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...cted_of_crimes

a few more Democratic Mayors behind bars won't upset anyone except for a few snowflakes.
Jess Hawsen Arown is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-30-2017, 10:43 PM   #35
dkithore

Quote:

What data do you provide mostpost?

So your logical mind says, because illegals are close to being ideal citizens welcome these illegals (criminals), wait and decipher who meets your good illegals criteria (not supported by data) and support their children go to free schools, receive dole, compete with legal immigrant labor! Run with Mexican flags as demonstrators in California cities, killing and raping innocent women! This is far from logical, imo.

I would propose that all bleeding hearts to adopt (good) illegals and vouch for them. Put your money where your mouth is. Talk is cheap!
dkithore is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-30-2017, 10:47 PM   #36
dkithore

Quote:
Originally Posted by delayjf View Post
Trump should pass a law allowing citizens to sue the offending jurisdictions and the responsible officials in federal court when they are harmed by illegal aliens that the jurisdictions/Officials release back onto the streets.
Great idea!
dkithore is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-31-2017, 12:49 AM   #37
kingfin66
Bombardier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess Hawsen Arown View Post
Per a link I provided in another thread I initiated,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...cted_of_crimes

a few more Democratic Mayors behind bars won't upset anyone except for a few snowflakes.
Serious question: What do you mean by "snowflakes?"
kingfin66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-31-2017, 06:45 AM   #38
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfin66 View Post
Before last year, snowflake-as-slang lingered on the fringes of the lexicon. It was a largely non-partisan slight — a mean, though not hateful, dig at millennials perceived to have an outsize sense of their own individuality and, by extension, importance. Helicopter parented to the hilt, millennials supposedly graduated from college (into a dismal economy with unprecedented mountains of student debt) too coddled for this cruel world, ill-equipped to face life’s indignities with dignity.

But as 2016 dawned, snowflake made its way to the mainstream and, in the process, evolved into something more vicious. The insult expanded to encompass not just the young but liberals of all ages; it became the epithet of choice for right-wingers to fling at anyone who could be accused of being too easily offended, too in need of “safe spaces,” too fragile.

https://thinkprogress.org/all-the-sp...s-aaf1a922f37b
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-31-2017, 08:33 AM   #39
Murph
Public Handicapper

Quote:
https://www.billoreilly.com/p/Old-Sc...ool/48426.html

Bill O'Reilly describes the term in his book, Old School.
Murph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-31-2017, 08:58 AM   #40
Jess Hawsen Arown

Generation Snowflake

Quote:
Snowflakes is a popular euphemism used to characterize emotionally vulnerable people who easily take offense and cannot cope with views that challenge their own.

William Buckley simply called them liberals more than half a century ago,when he said, "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views."

More specifically, Generation Snowlflake is about children who need Obamacare under mommy and daddy's health care policy until they are 26 years old.
Jess Hawsen Arown is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-31-2017, 11:10 AM   #41
chadk66

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
Such horseshit. You once again buy the government numbers and line. There is a huge underground economy built around the illegal community. More likely to find and keep a job? More likely than who? Most pay no taxes unless you count gas taxes at the pump. They suck the hell out of the food stamp line and the various other handouts. They don't buy car insurance unless they are dogged by a court. They make up a huge portion of the prison system. Somewhere between 20-30% depending on who you believe.

This 3% of the population makes up 12% of the murder convictions in the United States. THINK ABOUT THAT NUMBER. It doesn't include unsolved crimes, crimes where they bailed out and fled back to Mexico etc. That is convictions only. CONVICTIONS AND SOLVED CRIMES ONLY. In sanctuary cities murder cases are solved in the 48-52% range. Think about that.

This doesn't even consider the bullshit number of 11-12 million illegals in the U.S. I have been told by ICE officers that it's at least double that.

So you come in here spouting your government provided bullshit once again. Btw, we didn't even get into how more likely they are to kill cops.........or maim or injure them. They cover up those numbers too.......
I don't know about incarcerations at the state level but the last figures I saw for federal prison's, illegals made up 38% of the inmate population
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-31-2017, 11:40 AM   #42
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadk66 View Post
I don't know about incarcerations at the state level but the last figures I saw for federal prison's, illegals made up 38% of the inmate population
Well there you go, illegals/visitors are currently 50% of the 650 million in the country so are better than the legal residents.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-31-2017, 12:27 PM   #43
Marshall Bennett

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
Well there you go, illegals/visitors are currently 50% of the 650 million in the country so are better than the legal residents.
Where in the world do you pull your stats from? 50%....650 million?
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-31-2017, 12:30 PM   #44
chadk66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Bennett View Post
Where in the world do you pull your stats from? 50%....650 million?
boy that's what I was thinking
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-31-2017, 02:52 PM   #45
delayjf

Quote:
They don't buy car insurance unless they are dogged by a court. T
Was having a hard time getting my car to pass smog in CA, so I got a ticket. When I showed up in Orange County court., I arrived in my assigned court room, I believe they have about 4 court rooms that handles traffic violations. There were about 200 people in the room. Before any cases were heard, the bailiff came out and divided the room into 4 sections. No drivers license or insurance first offense, no drivers license or insurance second offense, no drivers license or insurance third offense, no drivers license or insurance fourth offense. Each with its own Spanish interrupter. My case didn't get heard that day, so I came back the following day and the same thing happened - the court was again divided into 4 sections for the same offenses I listed above. I asked one of the Police officers in the court and he said its the same everyday.

My car was hit by an three times in CA, one was a hit and run the other two did not have insurance. Learned my lesson, do not drive in CA without uninsured motorist coverage.
delayjf is offline   Reply With Quote Reply