Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 10-16-2022, 10:24 AM   #31
alhattab

Quote:
Originally Posted by $w1fT View Post
I agree with everything you said. And the Big A has some real thick skin.
Stabile plays the- I think the term is "straight man"- role very well. Maybe natural, maybe deliberate but it doesn't matter. It works for me. To me he's Barney Rubble to TLG's Fred Flintstone.
alhattab is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-21-2022, 07:47 AM   #32
Brisk Urging
Veteran

https://twitter.com/jackkim36/status...JDBUr1jv8mB_FQ

Gold

Last edited by Brisk Urging; 10-21-2022 at 07:51 AM.
Brisk Urging is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-21-2022, 08:24 AM   #33
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisk Urging View Post
Out of curiosity Alex, how many Twitter accounts do you have...within 25 of the actual number? People think I'm kidding, but I'm serious. One week you are praising me and criticizing people, like the above unbelievable loser, who take absurd cheap shots at me....and the next you are doing things like this and sucking up to those total creeps ( like Victim...who at times you have seen for exactly who he is ).

Despite all your horrible behavior over the years, I've been nice to you.
the little guy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-21-2022, 08:55 AM   #34
Brisk Urging
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy View Post
Out of curiosity Alex, how many Twitter accounts do you have...within 25 of the actual number? People think I'm kidding, but I'm serious. One week you are praising me and criticizing people, like the above unbelievable loser, who take absurd cheap shots at me....and the next you are doing things like this and sucking up to those total creeps ( like Victim...who at times you have seen for exactly who he is ).

Despite all your horrible behavior over the years, I've been nice to you.
Andy you blocked me for no reason on twitter ,im like bro majority of those accounts arent even mine..

I do respect the work you do as a handicapper but more importantly your work with charity,

Im kinda over it but dam 3/4 of those accounts i have nothing to do with..

PA i would like you to delete my post.Its no big deal in the grand scheme of things..

Stay safe brother.
Brisk Urging is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-21-2022, 10:11 AM   #35
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Nah...it's good TV...I know I'd be ecstatic if people were this obsessed with me enough to create clips of me...lol
Old 10-21-2022, 10:16 AM   #36
the little guy

Quote:
Andy you blocked me for no reason on twitter ,im like bro majority of those accounts arent even mine..

I do respect the work you do as a handicapper but more importantly your work with charity,

Im kinda over it but dam 3/4 of those accounts i have nothing to do with..

PA i would like you to delete my post.Its no big deal in the grand scheme of things..

Stay safe brother.
I don't block you for no reason, Alex, and you know it. I do it because I find you yukking it up and trashing me with assorted losers. As you well know, I am always respectful to you otherwise.

Interestingly enough, the race in the Tweet you quoted is a great example of skill and luck, and the roles they play in handicapping and race results. It's actually amusing that the moron who Tweeted it would choose an essentially valuable lesson in an attempt to discredit me. There is so much to dissect from that actual race, and the opinions offered, that it's amusing to me that it ended up in his toilet bowl of a Twitter account.
Old 10-21-2022, 10:17 AM   #37
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Nah...it's good TV...I know I'd be ecstatic if people were this obsessed with me enough to create clips of me...lol
Right, that loser "hates" me yet is addicted to watching me. Too funny.
Old 10-21-2022, 11:32 AM   #38
Sheffwed

as always

TLG you are entitled to your opinions, correct or otherwise

nice pick by you and Anthony in the first race by the way yesterday as well, going against the 2-5 winner, on top of being against the biggest favorites at the Spa who romped, really useful insights also

none of us gets it right all the time, which makes your hubris even more confounding and unnecessary - why the holier than thou posturing?

it is in the way of your own success

and it is not fitting for a sport trying to gain new, younger participants - given Vic and Nancy, Jason and Jess, Caton and anyone, Christina, Acacia & the Mig, Mark P & Peter Berry the list of nice, smart, insightful commentators is long and growing, thankfully

younger people are not interested in anyone's unnecessary hatefilled shtick

racetrack attendance is up and the sport is in a good spot and will be only if offering positive insights and experiences, but carry on
Sheffwed is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-21-2022, 11:39 AM   #39
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheffwed View Post
and it is not fitting for a sport trying to gain new, younger participants - given Vic and Nancy, Jason and Jess, Caton and anyone, Christina, Acacia & the Mig, Mark P & Peter Berry the list of nice, smart, insightful commentators is long and growing, thankfully
Sport's been trying to get younger participants since the days of Ruffian and beyond...it's a pipe dream, and has NOTHING to do with analysts.

Let me know when anyone on that list of yours starts garnering the amount of attention Andy gets (both positive and negative).

Andy gets all this attention for a reason. He's best of show.
Old 10-21-2022, 12:48 PM   #40
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Talking Horses is a very specific show about a very specific topic....today's races at NYRA. it is not a show people watch just for entertainment and young people who are playing NYRA are not going to stop playing because Andy pissed them off. If you value his handicapping opinions, you don't care about anything else. If you don't care, why the hell are you watching?
Youtube has great bear attack videos.
Old 10-21-2022, 12:59 PM   #41
lamboguy

if you are looking for someone that has pure greatness, that man is Ken Rudolph from Fanduel television. he has become an expert international racing analyst. he is giving out winners over the pond left and right these days. he has produced plenty of double-digit winners. he says he puts a lot of time into his handicapping and it takes lots of work to get these great results.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-21-2022, 01:03 PM   #42
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
if you are looking for someone that has pure greatness, that man is Ken Rudolph from Fanduel television. he has become an expert international racing analyst. he is giving out winners over the pond left and right these days. he has produced plenty of double-digit winners. he says he puts a lot of time into his handicapping and it takes lots of work to get these great results.
Have you ever considered doing stand-up?
Old 10-21-2022, 01:13 PM   #43
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Sport's been trying to get younger participants since the days of Ruffian and beyond...it's a pipe dream, and has NOTHING to do with analysts.

Let me know when anyone on that list of yours starts garnering the amount of attention Andy gets (both positive and negative).

Andy gets all this attention for a reason. He's best of show.
Amen! Tommy too…….you guys called it.
Old 10-21-2022, 01:22 PM   #44
GMB@BP

Quote:
What am I missing? one handicapper hates another handicapper/friends opinion on the race, is voicing it BEFORE the race, they end up wrong......and this means what exactly? That someone was wrong in this pari-mutual game.

Oh my!
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-21-2022, 01:56 PM   #45
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
What am I missing? one handicapper hates another handicapper/friends opinion on the race, is voicing it BEFORE the race, they end up wrong......and this means what exactly? That someone was wrong in this pari-mutual game.

Oh my!
It's even worse....I also hated his top pick, who finished fourth as a pretty heavy favorite.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: