Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 08-26-2022, 01:59 PM   #31
Suff
Beat up 💪

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suff View Post

Maybe if she showed her t*ts the show would get these numbers. Over a 1000 livestreaming Andys show , noon on a Friday. Today. Travers tomorrow might be 5000.

Across all platforms, it's big. I see it around 3000 on weekends.

Horse Racing has a circus 🎪 underbelly. Andy's a character in the circus. I don't take him personally because hes nobody to me. He's a circus act.

He puts on the best shows though. His shows at the parting glass, standing room only, people on the sidewalks can't get in. His Siros shows we're also SRO.
I'm at Andy's show early, get a seat in The Parting Glass , this was prior to The Mig breaking into the business... The Mig , trying to break in, he knew where to be. Swing on Andy's tree.

Old 08-26-2022, 10:44 PM   #32
westernmassbob

Quote:

Maybe if she showed her t*ts the show would get these numbers. Over a 1000 livestreaming Andys show , noon on a Friday. Today. Travers tomorrow might be 5000.

Across all platforms, it's big. I see it around 3000 on weekends.

Horse Racing has a circus 🎪 underbelly. Andy's a character in the circus. I don't take him personally because hes nobody to me. He's a circus act.

He puts on the best shows though. His shows at the parting glass, standing room only, people on the sidewalks can't get in. His Siros shows we're also SRO.
IDK if you are being sarcastic but for anyone else into live streaming those numbers really aren’t that great. It’s such a consolidated audience but like someone said having a younger female capper makes sense. Find a way to bring back Jason Blewitt. Super professional with zero shtick needed.
westernmassbob is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-26-2022, 10:56 PM   #33
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by westernmassbob View Post
Find a way to bring back Jason Blewitt. Super professional with zero shtick needed.
Old 08-26-2022, 11:33 PM   #34
castaway01

Quote:
IDK if you are being sarcastic but for anyone else into live streaming those numbers really aren’t that great. It’s such a consolidated audience but like someone said having a younger female capper makes sense. Find a way to bring back Jason Blewitt. Super professional with zero shtick needed.
Yeah, get a young female lead commentator like the NFL has with Michaels, Wilbon, and Nantz. Their ratings have gone way up since they went with those young pretty females.

Can you at least make an argument that has some basis in reality in sports broadcasting? Reading these posts makes anyone with a brain want to smash your head into a wall.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-27-2022, 09:58 AM   #35
Suff
Beat up 💪

Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway01 View Post
Yeah, get a young female lead commentator like the NFL has with Michaels, Wilbon, and Nantz. Their ratings have gone way up since they went with those young pretty females.

Can you at least make an argument that has some basis in reality in sports broadcasting? Reading these posts makes anyone with a brain want to smash your head into a wall.
Most racing podcasts get views in the low hundreds.
What are you suggesting? What's got you frustrated?

Getting a 1000 on a Livestream, weekday, is top of the mountain. Go look yourself, YouTube and others show "views". Serling the king. Prove me wrong brainiac.
Old 08-27-2022, 10:22 AM   #36
BarchCapper

Quote:
As noted later on in this thread, those are huge numbers for horse racing.

They also don't count all the people watching via the track feed directly on an RTN or ADW. (Like me.)
BarchCapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-27-2022, 10:26 AM   #37
PalaceOfFortLarned

Quote:

Getting a 1000 on a Livestream, weekday, is top of the mountain. Go look yourself, YouTube and others show "views". Serling the king. Prove me wrong brainiac.
At the Races with Steve Byk is damn solid podcast. I try to catch them almost every weekend as I am the proverbial weekend warrior.
PalaceOfFortLarned is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-27-2022, 10:38 AM   #38
Suff
Beat up 💪

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarchCapper View Post
As noted later on in this thread, those are huge numbers for horse racing.

They also don't count all the people watching via the track feed directly on an RTN or ADW. (Like me.)
Yeah, I'm on YouTube Livestream, the nyrabets app probably has another BIG NUMBER watching talking horses.
Old 08-27-2022, 10:40 AM   #39
Suff
Beat up 💪

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalaceOfFortLarned View Post
At the Races with Steve Byk is damn solid podcast. I try to catch them almost every weekend as I am the proverbial weekend warrior.
Byk is solid. Right or wrong, I see his show as for Horsemen, whereas Serling show for the Horse Player.
Old 08-27-2022, 10:41 AM   #40
Sheffwed

The real question

Quote:

How many people would watch the official Saratoga preview show regardless of who was on it?

How many more (or less) watch depending on who is doing the show?

Saratoga is up 8%, and is packed on weekends and will have a great day today - all good, but the success is being shared across the industry, and on a global basis

Record handle everywhere - Colonial is up 30% with nice, smart people running the place, record handle in the UK and Canada as well - all time records for Charlottetown and the Gold Cup and Saucer that just happened

Racing is a great day out, post-COVID people are looking for convenient, fun, low stress outdoor activities

And the sport has never been more popular, more people also betting on racing (and getting involved in syndicates) because its fun and a challenge

All good

is 1000 people viewing the preview during Travers week impressive with all this in mind?

The early part of Saratoga Live yesterday was great - knowledgeable Acacia at the helm, The Mig and Paul providing color, everyone getting along

Saratoga is a beautiful, bucolic place of tradition where people go to relax and have fun and get along, not many fights in the stands, are there?

So what should NYRA offer to help maximize this experience should be and is the only question

Last edited by Sheffwed; 08-27-2022 at 10:42 AM.
Sheffwed is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-27-2022, 10:42 AM   #41
PalaceOfFortLarned

Quote:
Byk is solid. Right or wrong, I see his show as for Horsemen, whereas Serling show for the Horse Player.
Down The Stretch is my go to though.
PalaceOfFortLarned is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-27-2022, 10:45 AM   #42
lamboguy

Quote:

back in the 90's i remember going to Saratoga going by the far side of the center mutual windows watching the broadcast with hundreds of people there and taking notes. with the internet broadcast today, i would guess there are a lot more than 1000 people watching that show. i went to a Pace Advantage get together around 2010 and i didn't even know who Serling was. CJ told me he was staying at his house in Saratoga and told me who he is. this is the very first year that i have watched the show, mainly because the broadcast is so much better than TVG. i have to give him credit, he is pretty good. he is very fast and knowledgeable about the horse racing game, and does not leave me with a headache like the guys on TVG did. the most important thing to me is that they have a terrific live feed showing the horses in the paddock and on the race track before the race. that feed has turned out to be the difference this year from being a loser to becoming a big winner at the meet after the takeout and breakage.-
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-27-2022, 11:04 AM   #43
BarchCapper

Quote:
I'd surmise that on average, the daily total of horseplayer focused minutes on a 3 hour Byk show would rival that on Talking Horses. Some days (Fridays) it will be overwhelmingly handicapping/horseplayer focused.

And, as you get to learn the "tells" of the horsemen interviewed, when he gets them to talk about their upcoming runners, that's valuable stuff, Suff!

No reason not to extract the value from BOTH!!

Last edited by BarchCapper; 08-27-2022 at 11:05 AM. Reason: Clarity
BarchCapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-27-2022, 11:22 AM   #44
alhattab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Asaro View Post
No bait. People can check the other thread about the surface. I would have added this to it but had a hard time finding it. You were wrong and you doubled down on being wrong. And the thing is all you had to do was ask a few of the Trainers but instead you tried to trash me and a couple other people..
It’s in http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...d.php?t=171889 thread, which degenerated into a shit eating contest, sort of like this one!

Last edited by alhattab; 08-27-2022 at 11:24 AM.
alhattab is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-27-2022, 11:54 AM   #45
Suff
Beat up 💪

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheffwed View Post
How many people would watch the official Saratoga preview show regardless of who was on it?

How many more (or less) watch depending on who is doing the show?

Around 375. That's what Acacia got when Andy was receiving the Mary Lou Whitney award last week. I logged in, logged off , I only watch bettor's. Race horses are not pets.

Not to far off, or maybe I was right and this is 4999. I speculated Andy would get 5000 today.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: