Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 06-24-2020, 10:45 AM   #1
Bigadam119

No Parole

I am typically a big fan of Andy Serling and his picks, but this one feels odd to me. He was repeatedly against this horse (claiming he was overmatched) in the Woody Stephens and the horse was 3rd choice (3-1) and won by daylight.

Was there any games here?
Bigadam119 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-24-2020, 11:30 AM   #2
the little guy

the little guy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-24-2020, 11:30 AM   #3
Big Peps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigadam119 View Post
I am typically a big fan of Andy Serling and his picks, but this one feels odd to me. He was repeatedly against this horse (claiming he was overmatched) in the Woody Stephens and the horse was 3rd choice (3-1) and won by daylight.

It was a 5 horse race where any horse could have won. I used all button in all horizontals. Not inconceivable he just like another horse. just a guy doing his job. This is one of the great conspiracy theories I have seen recently and that is saying something.

Let' score out on a 3-1 where any of the other horses could have won? Did Andy and Tom tell the other horses not to contest No Parole on the lead. You give a speed horse the lead and don't contest them and they usually win.

What happens is no other rider/ Trainer wants to be that guy. the horse that duels speed and fades and looks kind of dumb for going 44 flat for the 1/2. seen and lived it 100 times.

Last edited by Big Peps; 06-24-2020 at 11:32 AM.
Big Peps is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-24-2020, 11:46 AM   #4
jimmyb

No Parole had a recent 5f work of 57 and change, breezing. Rarely have I seen that type of work.
jimmyb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-24-2020, 11:57 AM   #5
v j stauffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigadam119 View Post

Games? On a day the track is handling $80 billion? The guy had an opinion on a horse and was wrong. I had the same opinion and I know that horse much better than Andy. I didn't think 7/8th's was good for him. I didn't like the rail. I "thought" others would press him. Didn't play out that way and he won and payed $8.00.

GAMES???

Who do you think we as public handicappers are?

GAMES??

:b ang:
Old 06-24-2020, 01:02 PM   #6
jay68802

Wish I could be right as often as Andy is. If you thought the horse would get hooked or it was the wrong distance, you went against him. If you thought he would get a uncontested lead, then you were with him. Everyone thinks differently about a race. And after the race is ran, you are right or wrong. And if you are wrong, hopefully learn something.
jay68802 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-24-2020, 01:48 PM   #7
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by v j stauffer View Post
I had the same opinion and I know that horse much better than Andy.
I just have to ask, why would you think you know the horse much better than Andy. His trainer is Andy's co-worker on Fox. You think they've never discussed the horse?
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-24-2020, 02:39 PM   #8
v j stauffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
I just have to ask, why would you think you know the horse much better than Andy. His trainer is Andy's co-worker on Fox. You think they've never discussed the horse?
That's a fair point. But I'm also friends with Tom Amoss. He ran twice at Oaklawn.

Do you think there will EVER be a time you don't nit pick and dissect each and every single point I make?
Old 06-24-2020, 02:47 PM   #9
the little guy

It must be very hard going through life jealous of any attention paid to someone other than yourself....even negative attention. I’m not sure if I should laugh or cry.
the little guy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-24-2020, 02:50 PM   #10
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
That's a fair point. But I'm also friends with Tom Amoss. He ran twice at Oaklawn.

Do you think there will EVER be a time you don't nit pick and dissect each and every single point I make?
You are so full of crap. I rarely every respond to you, particularly since you PMed me how disappointed my Dad would be of me shortly after he passed. I forgive, but I don't forget.
Old 06-24-2020, 02:52 PM   #11
v j stauffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy View Post
It must be very hard going through life jealous of any attention paid to someone other than yourself....even negative attention. I’m not sure if I should laugh or cry.
Are you talking about me?
Old 06-24-2020, 03:16 PM   #12
Big Peps

I didn't think this thread could get worse that the original post, I stand corrected!
Big Peps is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-24-2020, 03:37 PM   #13
v j stauffer

Quote:
You are so full of crap. I rarely every respond to you, particularly since you PMed me how disappointed my Dad would be of me shortly after he passed. I forgive, but I don't forget.
We reconciled that long ago. YOU said we were good and to move on when I said I didn't realize what happened. And apologized.

Go ahead and change history however it serves you. I truthfully don't care. Perhaps you don't realize it. But you pretty much comment on most of what I say.

It's all good though.

As for No Parole. I thought I was having Andy's back over that silly "games" comment.

I've always said I think he does an exemplary job. He's never liked me because he's been "told" he shouldn't. That has to be it because he and frankly you as well know NOTHING. Not the first foggiest thing about me. NOTHING.

Please don't bother responding. The chances of me getting into a pissing match with you are less than 000000000000000000000000.1%

Have a great day. Thanks for listening.
Old 06-24-2020, 03:55 PM   #14
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
But you pretty much comment on most of what I say.
This simply isn't true. Whether on PA or Twitter the times I've responded to you are miniscule. It isn't very hard to check.

I don't even know why you were offended by my post here, it was a legitimate question. Not sure how that was a nitpick. Anyway, I'm good. I'll leave it here and move on.
Old 06-24-2020, 04:39 PM   #15
v j stauffer

Quote:
This simply isn't true. Whether on PA or Twitter the times I've responded to you are miniscule. It isn't very hard to check.

I don't even know why you were offended by my post here, it was a legitimate question. Not sure how that was a nitpick. Anyway, I'm good. I'll leave it here and move on.
I wasn't offended as all. In fact my first response was " That's a fair point "