Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 09-11-2018, 11:10 AM   #46
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

It was nice that NYRA gave some shots to $5K horses to race there.
Old 09-11-2018, 12:01 PM   #47
AskinHaskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bello View Post

LOL

Yeah, right, the horse was 8-wide on the first turn at a tiny little track, and he was somehow supposed to thrive even so.

Is this thread just a place for you to express your sore loser attitude in several different forms?
AskinHaskin is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-11-2018, 12:15 PM   #48
AskinHaskin

Quote:
Unfortunately and obviously she has a huge hole in her and will now be likely sold, shipped out of NYRA and begin her descent to the bottom.

I thought the whole point of this absurd thread was that the descent to the bottom had already commenced????
AskinHaskin is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-11-2018, 02:05 PM   #49
Big Peps

Quote:
Unfortunately and obviously she has a huge hole in her and will now be likely sold, shipped out of NYRA and begin her descent to the bottom.

Horse will keep racing and losing. Best outcome would be in 4.5 furlong 5k claimers at CTown filling races

One of the toughest things a claiming trainer has to do from time to time is admit defeat when they claim a bad one and stop racing the horse immediately or drop to bottom Jacobsen style.. Tough call to make to an owner but Gary Gullo was duped and depending if he suggested to the owner or the owner wanted Gary to claim the horse it does happen in this beautiful game we play. I have claimed probably 50 horses the past 5-6 years and it has happened to me twice and I would never claim another horse off those specific trainers as you have to wonder what was done to get them to the races one more time. That said, I have never claimed a horse against trainers advice, makes no sense. Take your medicine and move on, find a spot for the horse to retire but that is where this horse most likely belongs. Continuing to run the horse isn't good for anybody involved.

Gary claimed a horse he probably couldn't get much intel on and it backfired on him

Last edited by Big Peps; 09-11-2018 at 02:08 PM.
Big Peps is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-14-2018, 11:24 AM   #50
Thomas Roulston

Quote:
Tied Up, The horse that performed so poorly in the Spa opener at 40 cents is returning off the claiming drop is racing for Gary Gullo in race 3 at Belmont today. I truly hope she fares better off the lay-off. She would be better served trying to stalk and avoiding the speed dual with the same horses that she got involves with early 6 weeks ago. In any event she is risky IMO. Races sets up nicely for a closer #7

Instead of "7," it is recommended that the emoticons be used, in this case - speaking of which, where are the emoticons for 21 through 24, which now actually exist since the addition of also-eligibles in the Derby?

21 21 LAVENDER / 2635C NAVY (539)
22 22 POSTAL BLUE / 540U WHITE
23 23 SEAFOAM / 558C DARK GREEN
24 24 OLIVE / 5743C WHITE

Last edited by Thomas Roulston; 09-14-2018 at 11:38 AM.
Thomas Roulston is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-14-2018, 01:17 PM   #51
castaway01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Roulston View Post
Instead of "7," it is recommended that the emoticons be used, in this case - speaking of which, where are the emoticons for 21 through 24, which now actually exist since the addition of also-eligibles in the Derby?

21 21 LAVENDER / 2635C NAVY (539)
22 22 POSTAL BLUE / 540U WHITE
23 23 SEAFOAM / 558C DARK GREEN
24 24 OLIVE / 5743C WHITE
My goal is to live my life so that this is all I have to worry about every day...
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-15-2018, 09:02 AM   #52
Thomas Roulston

Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway01 View Post
My goal is to live my life so that this is all I have to worry about every day...

The Derby futures treat the top 23 contenders as separate betting interests, numbered 1 through 23 by alphabetical order, with all the rest of the horses that might be in the race as a "mutuel field," hence #24. So there is a utility for this after all.
Thomas Roulston is offline   Reply With Quote Reply